View Full Version : Suzuki 380, 550 & 750 triples
Chequered Flag Racing
12-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Been asked @ work who made the 3 into 1 exhausts for the above 2 stroke triples
I can recall Micron & Allspeed making spannies for 2 strokes but not sure if they or someone else made them.
anyone old enough to remember who made them?
bigred5765
12-12-2008, 07:10 PM
micron did one,not sure about allspeed,think piper did one as well,clicky (http://www.kawasakitriplesworldwide.com/tom%20pipes/tomcats%20pipes.htm) tomcats do them for kwak and suzuki
Lindsay
12-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Been asked @ work who made the 3 into 1 exhausts for the above 2 stroke triples
I can recall Micron & Allspeed making spannies for 2 strokes but not sure if they or someone else made them.
anyone old enough to remember who made them?
Down at Bike show last week, Spondon under new ownership and making new 2 stroke exhaust, also check out motor cycle news parts pages.
showtime
12-12-2008, 09:28 PM
years ago a guy called Pete Lindermere was a well known tuner of these bikes & i think he pretty much always recommended Swarbrick exhausts
http://www.swarbrick-racing.co.uk/prices.html
Stan Stevens is back into it & working on them again himself now he's downsized etc
check some of the engines here :)
http://www.stanstephens.com/2stroke.htm
here is another oldschool pipe maker that i remember :eh?:
Jim Lomas
http://www.50cc.nl/2stroke_pleasure.htm?jl_exhausts.asp~TsMain
showtime
13-12-2008, 10:31 AM
did a bit more diging for you and found the kettle club site
http://www.thekettleclub.org.uk/home/welcome.htm
Pete Gibson made some of the original pipes bitd & apparently he's still active according to the blog if you click on the Allspeed story on the right hand sidebar
also it mentioned in there that the 3 into 1 pipes were made by Piper
bigred5765
13-12-2008, 10:51 AM
i thought it was piper that did the 3 into 1, dave swarbrick was a legend back in the day,
showtime
13-12-2008, 03:52 PM
if you need to scratch build a pipe & you know a lot of the variables there is a java based pipe design tool you can use here ;)
http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/javapipe_en.htm
gramey
17-12-2008, 03:11 PM
:)I've had a few of these back in the day, 380/550, never the 750 though, and I had 3-1's on them and they were alway's Piper chromed exhausts.
To be honest they do absolutely nothing for top end, actually make it lsightly slower as they're restricting gas flow, but they did sound awesome. If your looking for top end you'll need to go for individual pipes, I fitted Gibson pipes to my RD350YPVS a couple of years ago as I couldn't get Allspeeds anymore and I don't think Piper have been around for donkey's years.
Here's a link to Gibon's pipes, I know they're not 3 into 1's but you should still get a good sound out of them and better performance
http://gibsonexhausts.co.uk/gib_examples.html
:)
Chequered Flag Racing
18-12-2008, 03:26 PM
To be honest they do absolutely nothing for top end, actually make it lsightly slower as they're restricting gas flow, but they did sound awesome.
they sure do
there's some on youtube if anyone wants to listen
kit exhaust (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_igKJFqevHI)
3 into 1 (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XfHmJA9aQas)
3 into 3 (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Yzcs9w59k)
the origanal 3 into 4 pipes sound more like a motor boat the way they burble along at tick over
big air
18-12-2008, 03:46 PM
A proper bike :)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NTVucc4QCqs&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7tw2YB1HfCk&feature=channel_page
gramey
19-12-2008, 10:29 PM
A proper bike :)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NTVucc4QCqs&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7tw2YB1HfCk&feature=channel_page
If that's yours your a very lucky man although if I had the money I'd go for the 750S/America.
Meanwhile have a listen to this if you prefer the sound of a 4 stroke over a 2 stroke........
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QOu1kRec1Q4
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=t9EG3IiLMb4&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gmZFY7g5cws&feature=related
I've only had the 180 Jota but I'd love to have a bike with this engine.:D
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.