PDA

View Full Version : TC02C Evo Kickup and Toe adjustment conversion


Eimer
18-06-2015, 03:29 PM
Hi,

i designed a carbon fiber T-Plate with Alloy arm mounts.

You can use the square inserts to adjust Toe and Kickup. Also it gives you a bit less flex!

I tried it on medium grip carpet and it worked great! Tobias Hesse from Absima Germany also used it at astro.

Earlier next week we get a new T-plate and Jens Becker would test it also.

If there are any intrests please let me know. If there are enough requests we do a small batch series. You get the T-plate, a little cfk frame, and one front and rear alloy holder. The price will be around 50€.

Please feel free to ask if you need more informations.

Patrick

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10923536_862771613745721_8919464753031012784_n.jpg ?oh=86101eb1b299c915dc758ff45f73c1de&oe=55E685BF

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11016731_881318528557696_1159309930117619679_n.jpg ?oh=82a3bf5b3bef02cd024300bf530048ea&oe=55F9F21C

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/s720x720/10860847_881318525224363_2802998212716726936_o.jpg

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/s720x720/10984549_883601078329441_9175328318405785372_o.jpg

Dextro
19-06-2015, 06:00 AM
Nice work.


I will test it too, Tobias and Jens are my teammates :p
If its good, i need one set too, but not earlier until next month :lol:



...stay tuned...

Clive Loynes
19-06-2015, 10:05 AM
Interesting!

It looks as though you have raised the roll-centre, on the rear hanger, to accommodate the front pivot positions being higher than standard.

Is this good?

I have tried to keep things standard.

Eimer
19-06-2015, 10:30 AM
I raised the rr hanger because I can't lower the fr hanger enough to get the same 2 degrees kickup as standard.

Clive Loynes
19-06-2015, 10:46 AM
I raised the rr hanger because I can't lower the fr hanger enough to get the same 2 degrees kickup as standard.

You can if you do this:

Eimer
19-06-2015, 10:52 AM
What's the weight difference ��

And I think it has less flex and is more work and so higher costs

Clive Loynes
19-06-2015, 11:11 AM
What's the weight difference ��

And I think it has less flex and is more work and so higher costs


I was suggesting that your carbon plate could be cut out to lower the font inserts, not that you should use aluminium.

The increased weight of the aluminium plate is a plus point for those running on loose surfaces and looking for traction.

Your RR hanger has the advantage of not being thumped on the track surface but I still don't know if raising the roll-height is a good thing and under what circumstances.

Eimer
19-06-2015, 12:20 PM
Ah ok, yes your right. I don't have a milling machine the parts are from 8 racing so I kept it very simple.

I had not much time at the track since I get the parts. And my first idea was to make a plate where the pinholes are on the same height and depth. The standard plastic t plate has the holes for the pins in different positions. So that you have different toe and kickup left and right.

I prefer a car on the weightlimit.

But sure for low grip you can use a alloy plate. I think if you have a brass hanger it should be enough.