View Full Version : B5M shorty inline
K-Brewer
28-06-2015, 09:19 AM
Thought this may be handy for anyone who's thinking about trying an inline set up for the B5M
https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=b5m
Tomboo_91
28-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Lovely to see how quick internet spreads things! I assume you refer to the "B5M Shorty inline brace" and "B5M Shorty inline trap" designed by me. :p
It originally is designed for personal use. But after i posted a few pictures on facebook I got some requests if i could print and sell them. That is why I decided to share the prototype on shapeways.
One of the main goals was being able to easily switch between the normal and inline battery setup. This can be done by switching the battery strap back to a normal one and remove the font brace by sliding it upwards.
Just print the parts and cut out the carbon fiber (or whatever you like to use) brace and run it! I would love to hear your feedback.
Please note: I have not run it yet but did build my car with it. The fit is great with my B5M (team) and nano tech battery's.
https://images2.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/625x465_3541436_11024623_1435493712.jpg
K-Brewer
28-06-2015, 01:04 PM
Lovely to see how quick internet spreads things! I assume you refer to the "B5M Shorty inline brace" and "B5M Shorty inline trap" designed by me. :p
It originally is designed for personal use. But after i posted a few pictures on facebook I got some requests if i could print and sell them. That is why I decided to share the prototype on shapeways.
Just print the parts and cut out the carbon fiber (or whatever you like to use) brace and run it! I would love to hear your feedback.
Please note: I have not run it yet but did build my car with it. The fit is great with my B5M (team) and nano tech battery's.
https://images2.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/625x465_3541436_11024623_1435493712.jpg
Yeah i was one of those people who ordered one, from what ive been looking at trying to find a decent way of creating an inline set up this has to be the best option, it has a brace both front and rear to secure the shorty instead of using foam and what seems to be the servo as the to help secure. Looking forward to trying this as i prefered running inline on my firebolt :thumbsup:
K-Brewer
08-07-2015, 11:59 AM
Parts arri ed today so now for some tinkering :thumbsup:
honrico Diablo
11-07-2015, 10:23 AM
Went really well last night Kev, pissed me right off to be honest!:mad:
K-Brewer
11-07-2015, 10:35 AM
Went really well last night Kev, pissed me right off to be honest!:mad:
£16 delivered mate :thumbsup:
tiny tom
11-07-2015, 06:06 PM
£16 delivered mate :thumbsup:
Any update yet? Tested yet?
K-Brewer
11-07-2015, 06:18 PM
Tested yesterday on slippy gym floor, bit tail happy but a few minor adjustments and it was flying, will be testing it tomorrow on carpet but so far so good:thumbsup:
tiny tom
11-07-2015, 07:48 PM
Yeah have been thinking about getting one
Tomboo_91
13-07-2015, 08:39 PM
Ofcourse I tested both inline and normal on astro. After testing I noticed that with the inline setup the car is more predictable while cornering. Especially when there are quick corner combinations the car stay more flat.
For me it's definitely a improvement. :thumbsup:
alex97
18-07-2015, 08:07 PM
Has anyone got any more pictures of these fitted?
K-Brewer
18-07-2015, 08:18 PM
What u after mate
K-Brewer
18-07-2015, 08:21 PM
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w500/Brewskie24/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0684.jpg (http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/Brewskie24/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0684.jpg.html)
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w500/Brewskie24/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0685.jpg (http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/Brewskie24/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0685.jpg.html)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.