View Full Version : Indoor track discussion
Ashlandchris
09-08-2015, 12:45 PM
Not much to put, but by starting a new thread we can avoid discussing it on the "dates" thread.
So. Any comments?
I will look into Whitcliff availability when I get back from hols and post options on here. I know Neil has some possible ideas for future so we can look at all options for when Whitcliff closes or sooner if club decide
Aire valley
09-08-2015, 08:00 PM
Following last indoor seasons problems, I would suggest booking Whitcliffe asap
for as many dates as are available just in case.! I think that the club lost out quite badly by not having any dates before the Christmas meeting last year.
As I said before, if any/all pre booked dates at Whitcliffe, are not required then they can be cancelled by a fortnights notice.
I know that the proposed MB track could be great, but it might not suit all club members due to location etc..
Best to have the choice of two venues than none..!
Aire valley
26-08-2015, 09:47 PM
Any more thoughts /info re Indoors this Winter..?
Anybody heard anything about Dianne...?
neallewis
26-08-2015, 10:55 PM
At this stage, we'll be using the outdoor track while the weather holds, certainly through September and into Oct.
On the new astro, grip is very good in the damp with wet tyres, so providing its not raining hard we can run until winter kicks in.
Whitcliffe, we have approached them and it's a no until we've spoken to Dianne to sort some issues out.
Personally I'm really not keen on this option anyway as its we don't get enough time to run a proper meeting with track build, the grip level is too low, they won't heat it for us, and the club looses a lot of money every meeting due to the hall cost.:thumbdown:
MB Models indoor track option isn't ready as yet for members to see and decide if we want to take that up. It's being worked on, but is at least a month to six weeks away.
Other suggestions welcome...
Aire valley
27-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Ok...thanks Neal.....
I just feel that the club lost out badly last winter, and probably lost a good few members, with the delay in getting "indoors" sorted.
Has consideration been given to running a Chadderton type series, say 5 all day events for a championship..? Probably need to be at Whitcliffe though.
Could be a good focal point for the club over the winter, and maintain interest in the club..?
neallewis
27-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Ok...thanks Neal.....
I just feel that the club lost out badly last winter, and probably lost a good few members, with the delay in getting "indoors" sorted.
Has consideration been given to running a Chadderton type series, say 5 all day events for a championship..? Probably need to be at Whitcliffe though.
Could be a good focal point for the club over the winter, and maintain interest in the club..?
Once we have the indoor venue sorted, we'll certainly run a winter club champs /points series, perhaps similar to Yorks. We have also discussed with NE regional clubs a winter indoor series, which is also a possibility.
I'm not so sure we are geared up for a full on chadderton style series this winter, but we do hope to get some good winter racing on. We'll certainly try to run the xmas special, and anything else we can.
Chadderton is still on, as is Worksop for those wanting a larger meeting/series.
Lets get club racing covered in the right venue and we'll expand on that when able to.
Aire valley
27-08-2015, 01:21 PM
:thumbsup:.....
lee.willows
30-09-2015, 09:05 PM
Gents/ladies,
Any update on a venue for a indoor series? Dates or any information
Cheers
Ashlandchris
30-09-2015, 09:16 PM
Bookings are in place and just sorting out final confirmation - a few i's to dot and t's to cross. I know John will release the dates shortly, but all the provisional dates and times are sorted and the club members have finalised which dates they want between start of Nov and March next year.
Lady at Whitcliffe who will send final confirmations out is on holiday until next week, but watch this space
Certainly not in same situation as last year.
FYI Provisional bookings are for 1pm to 6pm slot each Sunday
Oscar
01-10-2015, 07:47 AM
Provisional dates are
Sun 01 Nov 15 11am -4pm
Sun 22 Nov 15 1pm - 6pm
Sun 29 Nov 15 1pm - 6pm
Sun 13 Dec 15 1pm - 6pm
Sun 27 Dec 15 10am -6pm TBC
Sun 03 Jan 16 1pm - 6pm
Sun 24 Jan 16 1pm - 6pm
Sun 31 Jan 16 1pm - 6pm
Sun 14 Feb 16 1pm - 6pm
Sun 06 Mar 16 1pm - 6pm
Sun 20 Mar 16 1pm - 6pm
Please note we just need confirmation from the sports centre before we publicise these more widely
Aire valley
01-10-2015, 12:09 PM
That's great..:thumbsup: well done to Chris and John....!:)
butty1978
01-10-2015, 07:22 PM
Where will it be same place as outdoor track?
pddiggy
01-10-2015, 07:41 PM
The indoor location isn't far from the Outdoor track.
Whitcliffe Mount Sports Centre,
Cleckheaton
BD19 3AQ
http://batleybuggyclub.com/?page_id=50
HTH
Oscar
02-10-2015, 01:03 PM
That's great..:thumbsup: well done to Chris and John....!:)
Chris has done all the leg work on this one Alan, all I did was ask a few members which dates they thought would be best ;)
So thanks to Chris for leading the way when it comes to club guys volunteering to help out :thumbsup:
Monkeysmate
14-10-2015, 06:13 PM
Any news?
Ashlandchris
14-10-2015, 10:21 PM
Yep,
All dates booked as per John's post above. Bookings made from 1pm - 6pm for each afternoon.
Only one still not 100% firmed up is the 27th Dec meeting as Whitcliffe haven't got their Christmas opening dates / times yet, but if they are open we are booked for a bit of a bigger meeting.
Last years queries about heating should be sorted, so we're ready to go...
neallewis
15-10-2015, 12:14 AM
Excellent Chris.
Ashlandchris
15-10-2015, 09:14 AM
Please note I had listed the meeting timings incorrectly. I have altered this in the earlier post, but just wanted to add another post in case anyone had seen the previous one and not spotted my correction.
The meetings will be 1pm until 6pm for all meetings unless notified otherwise (27th December will likely be different timings, once we know the meeting is available)
Apologies for confusion
Oscar
15-10-2015, 11:11 AM
I've edited the list to show times.
Hope this clears it all up :)
butty1978
16-10-2015, 10:19 PM
What tyres are best to use at indoor meeting's?
Ashlandchris
16-10-2015, 10:40 PM
Schumacher yellows. 2wd cut staggers on front, pins or spikes on rear. Spikes more consistent, but pins can give slight speed advantage but a little twitchier (I'm told) - I always run minispikes on rear
Oscar
17-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Cut staggers might be a bit wishy washy on the front, I'd usually use either pins or spikes to match the rears
Sir Shawny500
17-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Schumacher yellows. 2wd cut staggers on front, pins or spikes on rear. Spikes more consistent, but pins can give slight speed advantage but a little twitchier (I'm told) - I always run minispikes on rear
MAYBE!!! BALLISTIC MINI SPIKES GREEN AS I RECALL!!! "I've got no grip" :thumbsup:
Ashlandchris
18-10-2015, 07:48 AM
Cut staggers might be a bit wishy washy on the front, I'd usually use either pins or spikes to match the rears
Is that where I'm going wrong :thumbsup:
Next you'll be telling me my ballistics are no good for Cully!
Ashlandchris
18-10-2015, 07:50 AM
MAYBE!!! BALLISTIC MINI SPIKES GREEN AS I RECALL!!! "I've got no grip" :thumbsup:
Ha ha. Hadn't seen this post Shawn!!
In the words of that joke... "One sheep..."
butty1978
26-10-2015, 07:56 PM
Is there any power at the indoor track or is it 12v?
Aire valley
26-10-2015, 09:04 PM
Mains power is available...bring an extension lead as well though....
Ashlandchris
27-10-2015, 07:01 AM
Is there any power at the indoor track or is it 12v?
They also usually have loads of stacked chairs too so I never bring my own now
Hello peeps
Got a day off tomorrow so thinking of actually trying to set my car up for once...
Can anyone proffer the following?
Set up sheet for indoor for the YZ2
Tyres to also use on the YZ2
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Can't do another weekend of a badly handling car :(
Bells
30-10-2015, 08:24 AM
I would put it back to kit and see how you go , tyres I'd use worn spikes or pins , it can be very slippy on that surface
Monkeysmate
30-10-2015, 08:42 PM
Does racing start at 11am? Or is that doors open at 11am??
Oscar
30-10-2015, 11:29 PM
Doors open at 11, but the sooner the track is built the more racing we get in :)
Monkeysmate
31-10-2015, 09:35 AM
Thanks John. See you at 11 then.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.