View Full Version : B44.2 slipper nut loosening off
richie.
14-08-2015, 03:00 PM
Hi guys just wondering if this is common? It's a brand new car with zero wear and tear. Are you supposed to run some theeadlock along the threads to prevent movement of the slipper nut? The car wouldn't last a race without slackening off
K-Brewer
14-08-2015, 03:46 PM
Hi guys just wondering if this is common? It's a brand new car with zero wear and tear. Are you supposed to run some theeadlock along the threads to prevent movement of the slipper nut? The car wouldn't last a race without slackening off
does i have the little rubber o-ring inside?
richie.
14-08-2015, 06:26 PM
does i have the little rubber o-ring inside?
Hmm not sure I'll take it apart and see, can you get replacements if not?
K-Brewer
14-08-2015, 06:29 PM
I guess so, its just a black o ring like the ones for the shock bottom cap if i remember correctly?
richie.
14-08-2015, 06:48 PM
I guess so, its just a black o ring like the ones for the shock bottom cap if i remember correctly?
Cheers for that, just spotted a video showing it inside the nut and would never have known it existed! Will have a butchers tonight. I do have a shock rebuild kit so hopefully they will fit
richie.
14-08-2015, 07:01 PM
I guess so, its just a black o ring like the ones for the shock bottom cap if i remember correctly?
O ring present but it looks like it has been lubed up with grease? I'm guessing this is the problem?!?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.