View Full Version : Been Caught
Chequered Flag Racing
20-12-2008, 11:49 AM
speeding lately and not sure if you'll get a ticket?
Did you know that recent Government legislation changing the Freedom of information Acts gives you access to speed camera offences registered within the last twelve months and placed on a freely accessible website?
Did you know that every time your car goes even over a mile or so over the speed limit, it is registered and placed on the database?
They only send a ticket if you are way over, OR (and here is the rub..) if you receive over 20 near misses!!!!!! You can now check how many you have
against your car's registered number.
you can check here (http://www.i-database.co.uk/index1.php)
thats ACE!! Maybe I can use that against the garage that has had my last car for 3 months, trying not to fix it....
shark
20-12-2008, 01:08 PM
how did they get such a clear image of my face!
Richard Lowe
20-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Apparently I was going 34 in a 30 zone in Newquay on finals day when I was in Miami :lol:
Sean L
20-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Think something strange is going on just checked both my cars, both caught on same day by same camera doing exactly same speed, and all while i was at york hospital with the mrs in labour:o amazing!!!
mobile chicane
20-12-2008, 02:02 PM
old as the hills that one
bigred5765
20-12-2008, 02:17 PM
did me to, wft was i doing in torque on the 14th lol
twisty
20-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Check the photo evidence.
You got me :blush:
:p
:lol:
mark christopher
20-12-2008, 03:14 PM
got me
County
Cleveland
Town
Middlesbrough
Road
A19
Location
Thornaby Carriageway
Grid Ref
NZ446526
Camera Ref
318
Speed Limit
70mph
Speed Recorded
81.2mph
Date of Offence
Confirmed on December 14 2008
towing a caravan too lol
big red check the photo evidence ...............................;)
ashleyb4
20-12-2008, 03:25 PM
did me to, wft was i doing in torque on the 14th lol
So was i carl supprised i didnt see you .
A
rcmadd
20-12-2008, 03:26 PM
WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP
i have just done it twice and it came up with 2 differant locations
i have never been to any of the locations it has given:mad:
ashleyb4
20-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Some people dont get a joke.
A
Rich D
20-12-2008, 03:39 PM
I got done for real this week - 59 in a 50 ( in my van on a normal 60 limit road for cars ). Clear weather, dry roads, no houses within 2 miles, very little traffic around - 10.30AM on a weekday.
Merry Xmas from plod
Cnuts !!! :mad:
mark christopher
20-12-2008, 04:15 PM
WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP
i have just done it twice and it came up with 2 differant locations
i have never been to any of the locations it has given:mad:
lol
try pressing the photo evidence
rcluke
20-12-2008, 04:20 PM
lol, thats quality
RLGfx
20-12-2008, 04:44 PM
I got done for real this week - 59 in a 50 ( in my van on a normal 60 limit road for cars ). Clear weather, dry roads, no houses within 2 miles, very little traffic around - 10.30AM on a weekday.
Merry Xmas from plod
Cnuts !!! :mad:
maybe you shouldn't havbe been speeding then?:eh?:
purpletimbo
20-12-2008, 05:03 PM
I knew that face looked familiar
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1iMd8Pm-2EE&NR=1
:lol:
rcmadd
20-12-2008, 05:04 PM
i did and it just shows my face :p
Rich D
20-12-2008, 05:46 PM
maybe you shouldn't havbe been speeding then?:eh?:
hmmm, remember you typed this post should you ever get done for 69 in a 60 limit.
If your telling me that you`ve never been above 10mph over a speed limit on a deserted national speed limit road then you are either lying, you like tow a caravan everywhere you go, or you are a bed wetting Liberal :lol:
I don`t speed in built up areas, if i did then i deserved the £60 fine.
Never mind ....... :cry:
mark christopher
20-12-2008, 06:43 PM
I got done for real this week - 59 in a 50 ( in my van on a normal 60 limit road for cars ). Clear weather, dry roads, no houses within 2 miles, very little traffic around - 10.30AM on a weekday.
Merry Xmas from plod
Cnuts !!! :mad:
so if you were on a road with a 60 limit, why did they do you for doing 59?
Rich D
20-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Assuming that your asking a genuine question, i hold my hands in the air, i was speeding. It is a national speed limit, 60 for cars 50 for vans. I was doing 59 MPH. Shouldnt of been, but hey, i was. Just thought it was a little harsh taking into consideration the road condions. I saw the camera van and thought little of it as i assumed that they would be looking for people doing 75/80 odd thats all.
Doomanic
20-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Merry Xmas from plod
Cnuts !!! :mad:
Safety Scamera Partnership more likely, but I agree with your assessment of them.
Rich D
20-12-2008, 06:57 PM
:) - im all for cameras outside schools, in built up areas, accident blackspots etc. This was a van parked on a 0.5 mile straight with fields either side. Middle of bloody nowhere !
mark christopher
20-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Assuming that your asking a genuine question, i hold my hands in the air, i was speeding. It is a national speed limit, 60 for cars 50 for vans. I was doing 59 MPH. Shouldnt of been, but hey, i was. Just thought it was a little harsh taking into consideration the road condions. I saw the camera van and thought little of it as i assumed that they would be looking for people doing 75/80 odd thats all.
so what sort of van is it? how come u can only legally do 50 in it? yup im serious
Rich D
20-12-2008, 07:02 PM
so what sort of van is it? how come u can only legally do 50 in it? yup im serious
Short wheelbase Transit van mate - the limit for them is 50 in any national speed limit zone. I knew this, should of slowed to 50 but didnt think that plod would be pedantic enough for 9mph just cos im in a van. Had i of been doing 70mph + then i wouldn't of bothered moaning. I`ll just pay it as unlikely to win in court and cba with the stress.
mark christopher
20-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Short wheelbase Transit van mate - the limit for them is 50 in any national speed limit zone. I knew this, should of slowed to 50 but didnt think that plod would be pedantic enough for 9mph just cos im in a van. Had i of been doing 70mph + then i wouldn't of bothered moaning. I`ll just pay it as unlikely to win in court and cba with the stress.
so how do the spec vans at 50? where is the regs and rules?
Rich D
20-12-2008, 07:10 PM
http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/speedmanagement/vanspeedlimits
have a read Mark :)
mark christopher
20-12-2008, 07:10 PM
hmmm http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/speedmanagement/vanspeedlimits
not know that thank god mine looks like a people carrier!!
Doomanic
20-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Mark, take a look at this.
http://www.smartdriving.co.uk/Driving/DefensiveDriving/Speed/UK_Speed_limits.html
Doomanic
20-12-2008, 07:14 PM
hmmm http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/speedmanagement/vanspeedlimits
not know that thank god mine looks like a people carrier!!
What do you drive? Looks are unimportant, it is whether it is a "Car derived van" or a "Van derived car" that decides your max speed.
mark christopher
20-12-2008, 07:36 PM
citroen dispatch
passed several smokies and mobile cams doing 60 on a national 60 road.
Rich D
20-12-2008, 07:39 PM
passed several smokies and mobile cams doing 60 on a national 60 road.
Me too in the past - hence my initial cnuts at Xmas reaction !!
mobile chicane
21-12-2008, 06:14 PM
I got done for real this week - 59 in a 50 ( in my van on a normal 60 limit road for cars ). Clear weather, dry roads, no houses within 2 miles, very little traffic around - 10.30AM on a weekday.
Merry Xmas from plod
Cnuts !!! :mad:
if its transit size or bigger then your done but if its pug expert or smaller then you can do car speeds confusing aint it.
edit : my van is a low top swb transit conect and I actualy asked a traffic cop at a service station what the limits were for that van and he informed me that they were the same as a car, been passed a few scamera vans + cops since at car speeds with no troubles ( I did take the traffic cops badge no just in case though ;) )
I'm probably the only 26yo that drives an SRi and NEVER knowingly breaks the speed limit. I've had too many close calls in the past so its been Mr speed limit for about 3 years but I never knew there was a lower speed limit for vans untill now, its something i've never heard mentioned before and I bet there's alot of people that don't know. Thanks for the heads up.
RLGfx
22-12-2008, 09:02 AM
hmmm, remember you typed this post should you ever get done for 69 in a 60 limit.
If your telling me that you`ve never been above 10mph over a speed limit on a deserted national speed limit road then you are either lying, you like tow a caravan everywhere you go, or you are a bed wetting Liberal :lol:
I don`t speed in built up areas, if i did then i deserved the £60 fine.
Never mind ....... :cry:
wasn't saying i don't speed or haven't broken the speed limit... and I didn't complain when i was caught doing 89 in a 60 limit...:blush: (open dual carriageway at 11pm at night, just me and the police there... unfortunately!)
just a bit of banter... don't worry! :p:D
Rich D
22-12-2008, 09:55 AM
wasn't saying i don't speed or haven't broken the speed limit... and I didn't complain when i was caught doing 89 in a 60 limit...:blush: (open dual carriageway at 11pm at night, just me and the police there... unfortunately!)
just a bit of banter... don't worry! :p:D
No, i wouldn't of complained if i got done for 30mph over the limit either :p :D
Doomanic
22-12-2008, 09:58 AM
I didn't complain when i was caught doing 89 in a 60 limit...
I had a bit of a winge when I got done for 112.7 in a 60...:cry:
Rich D
22-12-2008, 10:00 AM
I had a bit of a winge when I got done for 112.7 in a 60...:cry:
Ouch :lol: I bet they almost threw the key away for that mate !
RLGfx
22-12-2008, 10:04 AM
luckily my flux capacitor was turned off, so I didn't end up in 1955.... :D
Doomanic
22-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Ouch :lol: I bet they almost threw the key away for that mate !
It was in the days before the safety nazis decided that speeding was a worse crime than child rape so I think I got off pretty lightly.
£180 fine (at £10/week:woot:) and a 28 day ban.
gramey
22-12-2008, 10:34 PM
:)Speeding is an occupational hazard of driving, just about everyone does it, and everyone whinges when they get caught, why? Either don't do it, like MRD, or be more pragmatic about it. The law of averages say's that at some point you'll get caught, and someone's got to pay for the camera partnership Xmas party right? :D
mark christopher
23-12-2008, 08:18 AM
i agree with rich, its a shitter i know my brakes on my van with abs and well maintained can stop me quicker that half the sheds we get in at work.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.