View Full Version : Low rider gearbox for the tc02c evo
Hi all, just found a company called azmechanics based in France I think doing gearboxes for the tc02c evo. Anyone on here used one at all ?.
Chris Larner
18-08-2015, 05:22 PM
Never herd of them but would be interested in any details of this.
Any link to their site or the product.
Clive Loynes
18-08-2015, 05:52 PM
You could look here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010073282931&pnref=story
And also at the HBI Facebook page.
I would just like everyone to make up their minds where they want the motor to sit and how many idlers they want so that I can make my next gearbox!
ralphee
18-08-2015, 06:02 PM
Make one for the TRF211 lol!
Lee
Clive Loynes
18-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Make one for the TRF211 lol!
Lee
Thought it already had one!
ralphee
19-08-2015, 06:41 AM
No Clive, not a low rider, be nice to see one though!
Lee
Clive Loynes
19-08-2015, 08:06 AM
No Clive, not a low rider, be nice to see one though!
Lee
Ah! The light dawns. I thought you were just talking about an aluminium gearbox. :blush:
I think that that car is expensive enough without my help! :D
ralphee
20-08-2015, 07:44 PM
Nooo never too expensive Clive haha, be good to try it!
Lee
welshmerlin
22-08-2015, 11:38 PM
You could look here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010073282931&pnref=story
And also at the HBI Facebook page.
I would just like everyone to make up their minds where they want the motor to sit and how many idlers they want so that I can make my next gearbox!
Email sent Clive.
How about also combining the shock tower support into the gearbox and moving the gearbox back 3 to 6mm to increase driveshaft sweep with kit wishbones.
Clive Loynes
09-11-2015, 10:23 PM
Email sent Clive.
How about also combining the shock tower support into the gearbox and moving the gearbox back 3 to 6mm to increase driveshaft sweep with kit wishbones.
Well one out of two ain't bad! :thumbsup:
Getting closer...............
Tom3012
10-11-2015, 07:45 PM
Nice Clive :thumbsup:
madmax
10-11-2015, 09:03 PM
looks good
welshmerlin
10-11-2015, 11:06 PM
Well one out of two ain't bad! :thumbsup:
Getting closer...............
Looks really good Clive :thumbsup:
Chris Larner
11-11-2015, 07:36 AM
I've also just finished the low profile conversion from AZ mechanics.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/chrislarner/94d8f370273632bd412e0261a18fc2bd_zpsa2b5b9wh.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/chrislarner/08ed8595b2ab1b406c30a0642e7742a6_zpsbnf1vhgh.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/chrislarner/0ac26ed0224063d3772c693ca8473841_zpsijzkicyb.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/chrislarner/3978b35143efe9a22f63a9d435955809_zpsxzou5erl.jpg
Still got to fit the gear cover and fine tune the ball diff.
I'm still very keen to build one up with Clive's alloy 'Dino' when it's available.
Clive Loynes
11-11-2015, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the great pictures Chris. Very useful. :D
Does the spur gear clear the rear of the chassis without any extra material being removed?
I believe that you can run without a gear cover under the Team-C shell but I would be worried about the spur trying to "machine" its way out.
From the pictures, I think that my "waterfall" may be a tad further forward but the Dino can use the standard 80t spur, so a gear cover will be needed as it will poke through the body.
@Adrian Need bigger pictures :D
Clive Loynes
11-11-2015, 09:18 AM
@Mike, Lee and Tom: I'm thinking of flogging the scrap ones as christmas tree decorations! :)
People should really just buy them to put on the mantlepiece and look at! :drool:
Chris Larner
11-11-2015, 09:33 AM
Clive, it's a 77t spur. I didn't need to remove any material behind it but it is close.
Not sure how the gear cover fits yet. I've got the Shapeways one but it's not straight forward.
Still waiting for your 3 gear option.
Clive Loynes
11-11-2015, 10:12 AM
No pressure then! :rolleyes:
OneKiwi
01-12-2015, 05:48 PM
Do you have a carbon the plate Chris.
Chris Larner
01-12-2015, 06:06 PM
Yes it's the insideline racing one. It fitted fine just needed 2 new holes drilling
OneKiwi
01-12-2015, 06:18 PM
Is the stock one a weak point?
Chris Larner
01-12-2015, 06:23 PM
Not really, it's just stiffer with the carbon plate.
Clive Loynes
01-12-2015, 06:26 PM
Is the stock one a weak point?
People do break them and there are other issues with them as well.
A bloke in the US broke about four or five before he fitted one of my aluminium ones.
Clive Loynes
01-12-2015, 10:59 PM
Dino should be settling in with his new owner next week.
Clive Loynes
15-12-2015, 02:26 PM
My car
Need a bigger picture.
I know sorry. The picture isn't great. My iPhone doesn't upload them sometimes
Clive Loynes
16-01-2016, 10:49 PM
I found time to make a Dino for my own use and installed it thus:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.