PDA

View Full Version : LOSA1133 - Just the screws!!!!


Spoolio
20-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Anybody know where I can get at least two 4/40 x 1 inch button head screws for my XXX-CR front axles. One of mine has sheared so I'm now down to my last spare and even that has been taken off a used car. I normally get bits from PBM or DMS but I don't really want to pay £7+ for the whole axle assembly, as I guess the screws are about 2p each if I can find somewhere that sells them.

Southwell
20-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Best bet is some small local hardware store.

Doomanic
20-12-2008, 07:23 PM
You will struggle to find any 4-40 * 1" button head screws for sensible money in the UK. How about retapping the axle to accept M3 and getting some M3 * 25mm button head screws intead?

ashleyb4
20-12-2008, 07:56 PM
northy does 1" countersunks they might do the job i have some if you want ill try them see what there like on my cr.

A

sosidge
20-12-2008, 08:15 PM
www.modelfixings.co.uk (http://www.modelfixings.co.uk) - have so much stuff in the hard to find sizes. Generally pretty cheap too.

Spoolio
20-12-2008, 08:20 PM
www.modelfixings.co.uk (http://www.modelfixings.co.uk) - have so much stuff in the hard to find sizes. Generally pretty cheap too.

Should have mentioned, been to their website but they don't list a 4/40 longer than 3/4 inch unfortunately :thumbdown:.

Spoolio
20-12-2008, 08:21 PM
northy does 1" countersunks they might do the job i have some if you want ill try them see what there like on my cr.

A

Ash, that'd be ace if you could try. I'll happily give Northy pennies for some, I've got him in my Paypal account already :D.

sosidge
20-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Should have mentioned, been to their website but they don't list a 4/40 longer than 3/4 inch unfortunately :thumbdown:.

They do them 1 inch long in cap-head.

Doomanic
20-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Is there room to use a cap head screw, possibly with a barrel washer?

Spoolio
20-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Dunno, gone into garage to have a look and the car's gone :wtf:. All my workbench is covered in vegetables and spuds. SWMBO has just been to do the big shop for Christmas Day and apparently all my RC stuff is deemed "non-essential" so it's been shifted. The confusing thing is that the garage ain't THAT big and I can't see where the CR has gone :confused:.

strobe
20-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Roast CR for crimbo lunch. Yum Yum:p

Spoolio
21-12-2008, 08:50 AM
:lol:

ashleyb4
22-12-2008, 01:12 PM
OOO memory like a siv.


A

Spoolio
22-12-2008, 05:32 PM
I've found a piece of XXX-CR, the bit that snapped off at Broxtowe :thumbsup:. Luckily for me it's the complete C-hub assembly, still attached to the wheel :lol:. I think a countersunk head may still work, there should be enough clearance to allow the knuckle to turn without fouling. I'll PM Northy now before I forget.

bigred5765
22-12-2008, 05:34 PM
if your not already sorted give northy a pm on here good stuff and the rite price.