PDA

View Full Version : Does any one know anything about 2wd HB 216?


Muzzie
07-09-2015, 12:59 PM
Does any one know anything about 2wd buggie HB D216?

the dug
07-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Try looking on rctech.net HB216. A few pics and a bit of info but not much:thumbsup:

Origineelreclamebord
03-12-2015, 08:04 AM
No-one has mentioned the car's announcement? In that case I will:

http://www.redrc.net/2015/12/hb-d216-110th-2wd-buggy-kit/

http://www.hpiracing.com/assets/images/cache/116155_fs_1_1000_772.png

I see many interesting ideas particularly from a design-point of view, I can really appreciate HB dare to put out something different! At the same time I have lots of questions: The likes of Ty Tessman make anything go quick! What can less capable hands achieve with this car? How much of an all-rounder will it be, as there don't seem to be options to play with the gearbox layout (yet)? Also, what about those minimal sidepods, the ESC position (on the side of the spur gear cover) and British weather? :)

Richard Lowe
03-12-2015, 09:17 AM
The D216 that's just been announced will be the low grip car, there might be something else in the pipeline for higher grip tracks... ;)

http://eos.redrc.net/wp-content/gallery/eos-201516-rd2-trencin-slovakia/sat_ronnefalk2-1.jpg

I can't confirm yet but I know they are looking at a laydown gearbox option too.

J77MYF
03-12-2015, 11:20 AM
It looks smart. Not sure how tough that front end will be though?

cmgreen
03-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Looks ugly! And you know what they say in f1, if it looks ugly it wont work!

Origineelreclamebord
03-12-2015, 12:47 PM
The D216 that's just been announced will be the low grip car, there might be something else in the pipeline for higher grip tracks... ;)

I can't confirm yet but I know they are looking at a laydown gearbox option too.

I don't mean to criticize, but what's HPI's definition of low grip then? I have yet to experience a gear diff that provides comparable amounts of grip to a ball diff on non-sugared clay, dirt and wet astroturf.

Richard Lowe
03-12-2015, 01:21 PM
I don't mean to criticize, but what's HPI's definition of low grip then? I have yet to experience a gear diff that provides comparable amounts of grip to a ball diff on non-sugared clay, dirt and wet astroturf.

There will be a ball diff option for the D216 :)

You can move the battery and servo quite a lot so if you need to move weight around for balance/grip you can.


I think ball diffs just drive different to geared rather than giving the car more actual traction, you can make geared work. At the EPR national this season I ran my hybrid with geared diff right from the first wet practice and that had more grip than anyone's car!

A ball diff will always have it's place though in certain track conditions and in the hands of some drivers ;)

Richard Lowe
03-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Looks ugly! And you know what they say in f1, if it looks ugly it wont work!

It does look a bit mad doesn't it! Remember the X6, that was never, EVER considered a remotely good looking car but that went ok over here in the days when we were all starting out with mid motor.

There's lots of nice little touches that you might not notice on first glance, look at the inner end of the wishbones and the adjustable front caster blocks...

AfroP
03-12-2015, 01:58 PM
the front and rear arms look solid and unbreakable lol

cmgreen
03-12-2015, 02:41 PM
It does look a bit mad doesn't it! Remember the X6, that was never, EVER considered a remotely good looking car but that went ok over here in the days when we were all starting out with mid motor.

There's lots of nice little touches that you might not notice on first glance, look at the inner end of the wishbones and the adjustable front caster blocks...

Yeah ur right Rich, but I know deep deep down u really want a Schumacher :thumbsup:

till
15-12-2015, 07:22 PM
http://www.hbeurope.com/hb-d216.html

Scruffy
15-01-2016, 11:15 AM
I might get one for wet astro as the xray xb2 carpet edition isn't really designed for anything but high grip surfaces.

:drool:

gertsch
17-01-2016, 04:42 PM
Hello,

my first post here, I`m a average club racer from Austria. :)

I might get one for wet astro as the xray xb2 carpet edition isn't really designed for anything but high grip surfaces. :drool:

Do you really think this will work on low grip, I´m curious about how it will work on low grip conditions.

My local track is low grip clay/dirt and also a bit dusty, I own the D413 and really wanna have the D216 but not sure, cause there is no rear motor option.

Perhaps, with the motor & ESC far back and also with the square option for the lipo, I´m not sure if this will work on low grip. :confused:

Any thoughts...?

cheers

/tobys
18-01-2016, 07:14 AM
I think this buggy, as is, is designed mostly for low-med grip surfaces...for higher grip surfaces (carpet/astro), it might struggle against the forward motor & low rider equipped competition...

gertsch
18-01-2016, 05:52 PM
I think this buggy, as is, is designed mostly for low-med grip surfaces...for higher grip surfaces (carpet/astro), it might struggle against the forward motor & low rider equipped competition...

Ok, thanks a lot for your feedback :thumbsup:

cheerio

Richard Lowe
21-01-2016, 10:18 AM
Hello,

my first post here, I`m a average club racer from Austria. :)



Do you really think this will work on low grip, I´m curious about how it will work on low grip conditions.

My local track is low grip clay/dirt and also a bit dusty, I own the D413 and really wanna have the D216 but not sure, cause there is no rear motor option.

Perhaps, with the motor & ESC far back and also with the square option for the lipo, I´m not sure if this will work on low grip. :confused:

Any thoughts...?

cheers

You won't have any issues with traction with the D216, having seen it in person there's quite a bit of chassis flex which will help out a lot on lower traction tracks :)

gertsch
21-01-2016, 09:40 PM
You won't have any issues with traction with the D216, having seen it in person there's quite a bit of chassis flex which will help out a lot on lower traction tracks :)

Thanks a lot, very much appreciate!
cheers

madmax
11-10-2016, 06:31 PM
Just orderd a 216 today. Looking forward to building it

madmax
12-10-2016, 12:20 PM
I will be hopefully running it this weekend. I will give feedback and setup info as I go

Origineelreclamebord
12-10-2016, 09:02 PM
Please do; I find it an interesting car but to be honest after the announcement of the D216 its been utterly silent. Does nobody dare buy one after the rumours surrounding the future of HB or was it simply not available?

Jez
12-10-2016, 09:33 PM
maybe as there was no distributor for hb after the hpi thingy happened,then no kits were available in uk?dont quote me on that.ive been fancying one for some time but couldn't justify the high price of importing one from Germany or USA.But now that Answer RC are distributing them kits and spares available looks promising.i will be collecting my 216 on friday from my local shop at a more than happy price.if it's half as good as the 413 it will be an awesome bit of kit.