View Full Version : which servo
jonesy99
29-12-2008, 04:51 PM
looking for a servo for my touring car, any ideas what i should buy?
richie
gramey
29-12-2008, 10:34 PM
:)Two things is there a problem with space and what's your budget, previously ran the Sanwa ERG WRX which is ultra fast but £110.00. When I got tight for space with my Tamiya TB Evo 5 I switched to a Futaba 9550 low profile servo - £80.00 or thereabouts.:)
savageracer1
30-12-2008, 11:11 AM
looking for a servo for my touring car, any ideas what i should buy?
richie
get a Ace servo mate thats what im using in my TC :D
Jake
sosidge
30-12-2008, 02:37 PM
get a Ace servo mate thats what im using in my TC :D
Jake
Although there is nothing wrong with the Ace servo, it's intended for 1/8th nitro, if I was buying a servo specifically for 1/10th touring I'd probably get the low-profile Futaba S9550/9551, or maybe the standard equivalent S9451/9452.
Although to be honest a standard Futaba 3003 works really well in touring car anyway, for a whole lot less money.
Although to be honest a standard Futaba 3003 works really well in touring car anyway, for a whole lot less money.
When I started out I used these. They were 4 for 12quid delivered on eBay. At that price it didn't matter if they got smashed (which they did)
Richard Lowe
30-12-2008, 02:56 PM
I've always run KO's in the past but have recently tried the ino-lab HG-D760MG in my 4wd which has been really good :)
Same specs as a top end KO, all metal gears and half the price :thumbsup:
qatmix
30-12-2008, 03:01 PM
buy std acoms servos (as16/17) and connect the positive to the 7.2v of the esc with a 4.7 ohm fet choke (50p from maplins) and you will be more than speedy enough.
But lifespan is vastly reduced. But if they're cheap, it doesn't matter:thumbsup:
mark christopher
30-12-2008, 05:37 PM
I've always run KO's in the past but have recently tried the ino-lab HG-D760MG in my 4wd which has been really good :)
Same specs as a top end KO, all metal gears and half the price :thumbsup:
run em in my 8th ic car too good servos http://www.flighttech.co.uk/index.asp?page=Products/Servos/index.asp (bottom two) any trakpower or flightpower stockist can get em
qatmix
30-12-2008, 05:41 PM
I use ko propo servos as a rule, but the hotwired acoms are fine.
here is a link to the chokes
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=3660
Evsie
30-12-2008, 06:15 PM
I'd recommend a Bluebird BMS-631MG myself, fast, strong and under £25.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.