PDA

View Full Version : The Jimmy oOple Auction


Stu
31-10-2015, 11:18 AM
An auction of the late Jimmy ‘oOple’ Storey’s collection of R/C cars and parts will take place during the Winter oOoo’s ‘Christmas Weekender’ which is to be held on the 5/6 December 2015 at Chadderton Raceway.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll194/Oople/500_zpsm5hqmqdt.jpg

We would like interested people to attend the auction; it will take place after racing finishes on Saturday 5th December at approximately 5.30pm.

Radclyffe Athletics Centre
Hunt Lane
Chadderton
0L9 0LS

Jimmy wanted his extensive collection to go to people who would understand it and look after it so to that end we will be giving the racers who have grown up with oOple the chance to own a part of history.

The auction will include new in box vintage kits and spares, body shells and newer kits including cars that Jimmy raced himself.

All the Lots will be on display an hour prior to the auction at Chadderton if you wish to browse.

The Lots are listed separately in the new dedicated auction section with pictures of each lot.

Auction Rules

1. We at oOple reserve the right to remove an item from the auction at any time we choose.
2. Reserves prices are set on certain items and will not be sold unless they reach that reserve.
3. You must register yourself with us prior to the auction by obtaining a bidding number and card.
4. You must use the bidding card issued when bidding, we are not experts so little winks and nods may get missed!
5. Do not bid if you do not intend to buy.
6. Payment at the event will be by cash or Paypal gift to [email protected]. No other type of payment will be accepted and clearly you will not be allowed to leave with any item without making payment.

Proxy Bidding

1. We will allow proxy bids for anyone who cannot attend in person.
2. You can register your interest at [email protected], all auction communication should be through this email (don’t use PM’s as we have 37 million unread already).
3. You must first register and then send an email stating your starting and maximum bid(s) and the item(s) lot number(s).
4. During the live auction we will bid up to your maximum on your behalf.
5. The closing date for proxy bids is 6pm Thursday 4th December.
6. If you win an item using a proxy bid you will pay by paypal, including paypal fees.
7. If you win an item using a proxy bid you will pay postage and packing for your item at cost. You will be contacted to make arrangements.

Stu
31-10-2015, 11:23 AM
This is just a small sample of the large quantity of lots that are to be sold.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll194/Oople/800_zpshhq8ttbc.jpg

Peakey
31-10-2015, 01:55 PM
Wow I just know it'll all be out my price range :drool:

autoxvw
31-10-2015, 02:21 PM
Will there be a list with some pictures and item #s of all the vehicles, parts etc posted? I've always liked a few of his vehicles from the review builds he did but being on the other side of the pond I will have to proxy bid via email.

suparajicon
31-10-2015, 03:10 PM
I wish it was on ebay

neallewis
31-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Glad it's not on ebay!

Awesome collection, so many things i want to bid on...

janaya
31-10-2015, 07:38 PM
WOW! I may not win any but I have to at least try on some of these.

Aire valley
31-10-2015, 08:08 PM
Wow....what an incredible collection.! :thumbsup: Thought I had a lot of stuff.:lol: My only worry would be that there is so much to bid on at what is a relatively small event.. Just hope that lots of people bid on line to get the prices up to a decent level, for Jimmys sake.......

bigalbi
04-11-2015, 03:32 PM
Hats off to Jimmy for owning this lot and still staying married :)

If I had 'procured' this lot the only result I could can imagine in my house is divorce!

Chillout47
17-11-2015, 01:32 PM
"The Lots are listed separately in the new dedicated auction section with pictures of each lot."

Am I being stupid? where is this section please?

Peakey
17-11-2015, 01:51 PM
:rolleyes:

http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=260

Chillout47
17-11-2015, 07:20 PM
Wow, yes I am stupid, I appreciate your restraint Peakey...