PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference between the TU0273 and TU0272?


Monkeysmate
17-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Whats the difference between the TU0273 and TU0272?
Ones a rear shock mount, and ones a rear brace mount...

I'm not clear on the difference, but I believe that I need the tu0272 rear brace to fit a tc02c??

Can anyone confirm my suspicion?
Ta

Dandare
17-11-2015, 08:14 PM
The TU0273 is the rear shock mount for the TC02c Evo, & the TU0272 is effectively the same but is for the TC02C (what you need)

Monkeysmate
17-11-2015, 08:37 PM
great. thanks.
Do you know whether they would they both fit the TC02C?
What's the advantage of the Evo mount?

Clive Loynes
17-11-2015, 10:50 PM
great. thanks.
Do you know whether they would they both fit the TC02C?
What's the advantage of the Evo mount?


I think that they would both fit the pre-Evo car. It is more difficult to fit the TU0272 to the Evo but can be done with a Dremel.

The difference is about £36!!! ;-)

Sorry couldn't resist.

The orange beast, TU0273, is £49 at Inside Line Models and will fit straight on. It has the advantage that the camber link positions are facing upwards. This means that you can get at them without taking half the car apart.

Alternatively I make what I have called C-Lugs. I can machine a plastic rear brace or rear shock tower mount to take them.
I charge £20 for the lugs and £5 on top of the cost of the plastic bit to machine.