PDA

View Full Version : SC5M weatherproofing


david85williams
09-12-2015, 08:33 PM
Hi all,

I'm very interested in getting a SC5M. This will be my first SCT, normally race buggies. Im concerned that the chassis and electrics are very exposed to dirt etc. I've seen 'underbodies' for other SCT's but can someone tell me if there is something available for the SC5M?

Any help would be much appreciated.

David

spudnuts
10-12-2015, 10:59 AM
Don't think there is anything specifically designed for the SC5 Yet but have seen a few people use B5 bodies. They do come up a little short so don't protect the motor much. Someone else also used a TM2 body, not sure what he did to make it fit but added a little more protection. Various other ways of keeping out the moisture. Lazy goo, Plastic dip, Blue Tack Receivers in balloons all help.

david85williams
10-12-2015, 12:19 PM
Thanks for your reply. Ive been googling and found jconcepts do them but not for the SC5M. I thinking a B5M body is my best option at the moment. I think the chassis is 40mm longer so like you said the motor might be a little exposed...

PaulD
12-12-2015, 06:43 PM
I use a b5m body, like the previous post it is a little short at the back, but does protect most of the chassis

Paul