View Full Version : Standard or +4mm rear brace
Losi_110
11-12-2015, 11:32 AM
Hey folks I'm looking to replace the standard plastic rear arm mounts and I'm wondering which way is the best to go.
How does the +4mm brace help? Any thoughts would be appreciated. :thumbsup:
MiCk B.
11-12-2015, 12:04 PM
Hi,
I found the +4mm rear better on the B5m on higher traction surfaces.
Just remember you'll need the following for it to work properly.
+4mm c brace.
5mm hexes
CVA shim (otherwise axles can fall out of drive shaft at full droop.)
The +5mm hexes keep the rear the same width. (Kit is 7mm)
MiCk B. :-)
discostu
11-12-2015, 04:18 PM
The +4 mm should help in most situations
NeilRalph77
11-12-2015, 05:20 PM
You don't need the 5mm hexes the car still makes legal width without them.
Flauschi215
11-12-2015, 08:19 PM
+4mm with 5mm Hex feels way better on Astro
Losi_110
11-12-2015, 09:17 PM
In what way is it better though? Steering response, on/off power steering, forward/lateral traction, rear stability? Just trying to gauge what it will give me to weather it will send my car in the direction I am looking for as made a few changes recently and it has made my B5M so much better to drive but there are still a couple of kinks I want to work out. The tracks around me are generally lowish grip astro and grass.
Sorry for the rambling lol.
discostu
12-12-2015, 02:24 PM
Stability
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.