PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Jan meeting


Bells
29-12-2015, 02:01 PM
please make sure that you bring your brca membership card or confirmation email with you to the next meeting on the 3rd of Jan

neallewis
29-12-2015, 03:08 PM
The link to the BRCA renewal site is here: http://www.brca.org/renew-membership

Aire valley
29-12-2015, 11:10 PM
Thanks for reminding me Ian, and the link Neal, had forgotten to renew mine.!
Done now though..!

Dharma66
30-12-2015, 11:38 AM
Hi, I'm a complete noob in this world. About 35 years ago my mates had a couple of Tamiya buggies that they drove around their quiet cul-de-sac, but thats as close as I've come.

I've thought about getting one of those buggies on and off over the years, but never have. Over the last few weeks I've been thinking about it again, but also reading around t'Internet a bit, and I now see there are perhaps much more interesting options...

I live just off J19 of the M62, and I recon you are about the closest club to me in my area of interest (10th off-road), so I'm wondering if maybe I could pop along to see what the craik is?

Cheers.

neallewis
30-12-2015, 11:42 AM
Bury club may be your closest. By all means drop in on Sunday.

Dharma66
30-12-2015, 11:45 AM
Bury would indeed be closer...I had no idea there was a clib there!

What time is the meeting on Sunday? I may pop along anyway...

Many thanks

Plasmag
30-12-2015, 11:48 AM
Is there a booking in page for Sunday 3rd Jan?

Oscar
30-12-2015, 12:30 PM
It's just a normal club day so you should be fine to come on the day ;)

Plasmag
30-12-2015, 04:57 PM
It's just a normal club day so you should be fine to come on the day ;)

Thanks Oscar will do.

Oppy
31-12-2015, 07:22 PM
1pm till 6pm

See you there - I am sure if you have any questions, any of the clubs members will be happy to discuss with you.

Bury would indeed be closer...I had no idea there was a clib there!

What time is the meeting on Sunday? I may pop along anyway...

Many thanks

Dharma66
02-01-2016, 11:53 AM
1pm till 6pm

See you there - I am sure if you have any questions, any of the clubs members will be happy to discuss with you.

Wow! Are all meetings at all clubs that kind of length in time?

Taking out 5-6 hours from a Sunday afternoon is not going to go down well! In fact, it would pretty much kill the whole idea for me...Is it necessary (as a driver) to attend the whole meet? Or is it possible to drop in for a couple of hours? I have no idea how these things are arranged...

neallewis
02-01-2016, 12:51 PM
Wow! Are all meetings at all clubs that kind of length in time?

Taking out 5-6 hours from a Sunday afternoon is not going to go down well! In fact, it would pretty much kill the whole idea for me...Is it necessary (as a driver) to attend the whole meet? Or is it possible to drop in for a couple of hours? I have no idea how these things are arranged...

We are actually tight for time at that. its pretty short.

Dharma66
02-01-2016, 01:10 PM
We are actually tight for time at that. its pretty short.

Wow. I need to stop and think for a while, then. I might still pop over to see what's going on, but I definitely won't be able to stay the full 5 hours :(

neallewis
02-01-2016, 04:40 PM
Wow. I need to stop and think for a while, then. I might still pop over to see what's going on, but I definitely won't be able to stay the full 5 hours :(

You don't need to stay and watch for 5 hours.. come and have a look to see how the race meeting works.

Plasmag
02-01-2016, 05:30 PM
Could someone let me know the postcode for the venue? Is it still at whitcliffe.

Thanks

Aire valley
02-01-2016, 08:47 PM
Yes still at Whitcliffe....BD19 3AQ

MarkGoulding
03-01-2016, 12:16 AM
I have the same problem, getting out for a full day is hard, but a lot of the same lads that run/attend Batley go to a place on a Friday night called 10electric just out side Keighley, its a lot smaller but you get as much race time, and the racing feels a lot closer, i live in Middleton and it takes about an hour to get up there but well worth it.

Dharma66
03-01-2016, 06:50 PM
Mightily impressed by what I saw today!