View Full Version : Slipping Diff
Rocking Donkey
05-01-2009, 12:03 AM
I have recently rescued my old B2 from the purgatory of my parents garage. I’m having trouble with the diff slipping. If I tighten the diff as per the manual it is way too tight and if I tighten it to feel it slips! I have rebuilt it using associated grease and losi grease and have the same problem with both. I can tighten it until it stops slipping, but then it is way too tight. I think the problem might be the diff rings slipping? Any help would be much appreciated
Cheers
Ben
Mike Hudson
05-01-2009, 12:38 AM
have you tried loosening it off 1/8th of a turn at a time from fully tightened then testing the car each time till it isnt too tight but doesnt slip too much?
Lowie
05-01-2009, 06:16 PM
you could also try to sand the diff-plates with fine 600-grid. This makes the diff-balls have more grip on the plates.
Southwell
05-01-2009, 06:51 PM
It sounds rounded diff/trust race balls. Replace the balls and plates, they arn't expensive.
Rocking Donkey
05-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Cheers for the advice. I'll get my self a diff rebuild kit and go from there. Has anyone tried sanding the side of the diff ring that is in contact with the diff outdrives? I still think that these are slipping. I usually run cars that have D-shaped diff rings so they are held securely, I guess this is more expensive to produce though.
Ben
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.