View Full Version : Alternative Tyre Choice
I-B-Quick
27-01-2016, 09:45 PM
Thought it was time to share an alternative tyre choice with my fellow Micro Racers that I have been running for a while now.
True they are not at the same grip level as the Schumacher white rally blocks but they come a fairly close second. And whilst the Schumachers will set you back £24 a set the alternatives work out at £10 a set.
The tyres come with inserts that are as good as the Schumachers for just £3.99 delivered and they fit the £5.99 Schumacher wheels perfectly.
At club level, and most of my local club racers are now using them, they appear to work really well and the wear rate is exceptional. For the cost they are well worth a try.
search ebay number 251719085525
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251719085525?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Take between a week to two weeks for delivery.
:thumbsup:
DynaMight
04-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Sounds like a good deal :thumbsup: are the ones you linked def for Micros though as the eBay title states 1/10th?
Karting
04-02-2016, 05:58 PM
Sounds like a good deal :thumbsup: are the ones you linked def for Micros though as the eBay title states 1/10th?
Micros use 1/10th scale touring car wheels. Hence the name on link
DynaMight
04-02-2016, 06:34 PM
Micros use 1/10th scale touring car wheels. Hence the name on link
I should pay more attention, I just assumed 1/10 off road :p So essentially if my wheels accept the SST Rally Block tyres then these tyres should be fine?
Karting
04-02-2016, 07:14 PM
I should pay more attention, I just assumed 1/10 off road :p So essentially if my wheels accept the SST Rally Block tyres then these tyres should be fine?
Exactly
redtyson
21-03-2016, 10:59 PM
I've had a set.
tryed for the 1st time tonight at dudley.we all now that dudley likes slippy floor as well as carpet.and my god this tyre is good.grip is mental. we're others am slipping this tyre just finds grip.you say not as good as rally whites I think better.and a lot people at the club agreed.and price well superb.thanks for that tip.
A MUST TRY SET.
I-B-Quick
04-04-2016, 06:07 PM
I've had a set.
tryed for the 1st time tonight at dudley.we all now that dudley likes slippy floor as well as carpet.and my god this tyre is good.grip is mental. we're others am slipping this tyre just finds grip.you say not as good as rally whites I think better.and a lot people at the club agreed.and price well superb.thanks for that tip.
A MUST TRY SET.
Glad you like them. Must be getting popular as the price has gone up to £4.99 a set but still cracking value.
Have also found that compared to the Schumacher tyres the GtB feels a bit easier to drive on these cheap tyres. The Schumachers, at our track anyway, feel more agressive and nervous but ultimately do give more grip.
:thumbsup:
simon
04-04-2016, 08:33 PM
Hi,
Do they work on astro??
Thanks
redtyson
04-04-2016, 08:36 PM
At 4.99 for 4 tyres.its worth a try on astro.my gess thay work great depending on track conditions.if dry thay be great I think
Evil_Salty
12-08-2016, 01:29 PM
Hi
Are these the same but in red? They look the same to me and a little cheaper
361431674500 ebay item number
Also, do theese wheels fit the gtb?
251593194871
Thanks
I-B-Quick
03-09-2016, 10:20 PM
Use Schumacher Rev Lite wheels.
The ones listed are very brittle and the offset is huge.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.