View Full Version : MP3 Player for Road Car
Chequered Flag Racing
08-01-2009, 02:03 PM
What's the best way to play MP3 music through standard radio in car with tape slot and 6 cd player?
Don't want to buy a new road car just so that I have an MP3 player/slot built in ;)
Any radio/mp3 players worth a punt that would fit the 05 Passat dash
I like letting my hair down now & then and as it's longer than it has been for a while I wan't to rock:woot::o:lol:
probably just as cheap to go to Halfords, buy a CD Radio which can play MP3 audio tracks on the CD, or/and a USB slot, they got a sale on at the moment, chances are you would need a loom adaptor maybe, and a facia adaptor, but you can normaly buy them as a set from the might bay of E.
I am just about to put a bluetoothed head unit in the Voyager, so I will have all my tunes on my phone, and just play them over bluetooth to the car stereo.
If you don't want to replace the radio, you can get an FM transmitter (now they are legal in the UK) or a tape adaptor.
You pays for what you get though!
I use a Belkin FM transmitter that is permanently powered by the 12V car supply. It's quite powerful and I can go from Dover to Cardiff with only a couple of frequency changes, which is made easier as a button in the side of it scans for clear frequencies and then you just tune you car radio to it. I think it was about 90 Euros when I got it a year or so ago.
£50 buys you a Kenwood, MP3 CD Drive, and a front mounted USB connection, and as yours is a new car, you may just have to buy a fascia
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_26 1393_langId_-1_categoryId_165474
Southwell
08-01-2009, 05:04 PM
They also do the same stereo with an aux port. I fitted it into my mates car the other week, works really well with his iphone.
Spoolio
08-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Probably not exactly what you want but as mentioned already if you have an ipod I'd get an FM transmitter. I got a Belkin one from Halfrauds in a sale as it was a discontinued model, cost £20 and its mint. No faffing about with discs etc and I can take the ipod out with me so no security issues either.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.