PDA

View Full Version : Two gear diff


antepop
07-02-2016, 01:17 PM
I've tried only two gear in my diff and everything works out nicely. But, I got a strange noise. Does it matter in which gear to remove in diff?
Does anybody have noise in diff when only try two gears?

discostu
07-02-2016, 02:38 PM
I've tried only two gear in my diff and everything works out nicely. But, I got a strange noise. Does it matter in which gear to remove in diff?
Does anybody have noise in diff when only try two gears?

If it's making a noise it's clearly not right put it back to standard that's how it was designed the noise will probably be gone

antepop
07-02-2016, 02:42 PM
But I've tried a setup from petit, so it have to work.
Does anybody have any experience of two gear diff?

Aire valley
07-02-2016, 11:04 PM
Never even heard of it...! There are only two versions of the B5 gearbox.(as far as I am aware)...that is the standard, original , 4 gearbox and the later 3 gear box... Think you have some wrong info if you are leaving gears out of a standard box..!

dpackster1980
07-02-2016, 11:16 PM
Never even heard of it...! There are only two versions of the B5 gearbox.(as far as I am aware)...that is the standard, original , 4 gearbox and the later 3 gear box... Think you have some wrong info if you are leaving gears out of a standard box..!

He's on about removing 2 gears from the diff not the gearbox.

Back on subject, when you removed the gears did you leave in both shafts or remove it completely?

I suspect that if you remove the gears this will allow drive cup to move more affecting the mesh of the 2 remain gears. If it's still noisy put it back to standard.

antepop
08-02-2016, 03:50 PM
He's on about removing 2 gears from the diff not the gearbox.

Back on subject, when you removed the gears did you leave in both shafts or remove it completely?

I suspect that if you remove the gears this will allow drive cup to move more affecting the mesh of the 2 remain gears. If it's still noisy put it back to standard.

I'll leaved both shafts in the gearbox.
Does that be the problem?
The sound is no lowrpm only.
On full speed the sound stops.

Could it be my spur gear and pinion maybe?
I shall try to change and listen if it stops.

antepop
15-02-2016, 04:17 AM
I've changed spurgear and pinion and everything is silence now 😊
The pinion was bad and destroyed my spur gear.
Two geared diff works out really well