PDA

View Full Version : B5 indoor set up


Roscopeco
13-02-2016, 09:32 AM
Has anyone got any tips on setting up a b5 for indoor racing ? I'm racing at York and it's a mixture of carpet and a low grip sports hall floor .

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Aire valley
13-02-2016, 11:48 AM
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/SetupSheetDataBase.htm
This is the best site for set-up advice, tuning aids etc..
Well worth a look..:)

Roscopeco
13-02-2016, 02:14 PM
Thanks I'll have a look into that :)

Roscopeco
19-02-2016, 08:28 PM
Looks very good thanks for the link

Aire valley
19-02-2016, 11:15 PM
Lots of good information of all sorts on there.. Petit RC. Glad you found it useful... Thought you were selling the B5 and going to Schumacher.? Big mistake :lol:

Imagomanuk1
21-02-2016, 08:59 AM
I did race at York with the B5 and I found for me that 40w oil at the front and 35w at the rear and had standard spring set up improved the handling. I had the rear shock in the middle hole at the top and the inside hole on the wishbone, I used short link at the back with 2 degree camber. At the front I put the top shock in the middle hole and the bottom on the outside hole and run 1 degree camber with wheels set straight. I was running yellow mini spikes front and back but have tried the mini pins on the B5m I`m running now and prefer them. Hopefully this will give you some idea.

Roscopeco
06-03-2016, 06:09 PM
Lots of good information of all sorts on there.. Petit RC. Glad you found it useful... Thought you were selling the B5 and going to Schumacher.? Big mistake :lol:

:lol: I've always had schumacher's since the fireblade came out and recently sold my cougar sv2 and bought a cheap B5 . After buying it I quickly realised I should have bought the b5m so opted to go back to a schuey . I've now decided to keep the b5 and run it in the 540sc class and so far I'm really pleased with it . I've not actually raced it yet as my lad used it last night but I'm pleased I kept it ...... That an the fact no one wanted it haha

Roscopeco
06-03-2016, 06:12 PM
I did race at York with the B5 and I found for me that 40w oil at the front and 35w at the rear and had standard spring set up improved the handling. I had the rear shock in the middle hole at the top and the inside hole on the wishbone, I used short link at the back with 2 degree camber. At the front I put the top shock in the middle hole and the bottom on the outside hole and run 1 degree camber with wheels set straight. I was running yellow mini spikes front and back but have tried the mini pins on the B5m I`m running now and prefer them. Hopefully this will give you some idea.

Thanks that's great I'll try that set up :)

It's currently on yellow mini spike 2's and seems to handle ok but I personally haven't used it yet on track .

Imagomanuk1
06-03-2016, 08:04 PM
You will find the mini spikes more forgiving at York especially if your still learning, they are more forgiving on the change from slip to carpet and if you do stray from the "racing Line". That goes for any type of car your racing at York

Roscopeco
06-03-2016, 09:44 PM
You will find the mini spikes more forgiving at York especially if your still learning, they are more forgiving on the change from slip to carpet and if you do stray from the "racing Line". That goes for any type of car your racing at York

Thanks for the tip , I've since found out to my cost . Bought all new pins only to be given the same advice you have given me Haha