View Full Version : yokomo advice
racingdwarf
19-02-2016, 12:55 AM
I have been offered a car by a racing friend who I think bought it in a job load of vintage tamiya as thats more his thing. I'm not sure what it is, to me it looks very 870c based. He has looked into it and thinks its a yokomo hotdog 4 and quite rare.Its rough but clean, stick pack chassis, no shocks
Im after some advice on what it is, what I should offer for it as I don't want to steel it from him, I will pay what its worth......but I have no Idea what its worth so I'm in need of some yokomo expert advice
I'm trying to post pictures but with no luck at the min, the upload screen just goes blank:yawn:
daz75
19-02-2016, 06:48 PM
I have been offered a car by a racing friend who I think bought it in a job load of vintage tamiya as thats more his thing. I'm not sure what it is, to me it looks very 870c based. He has looked into it and thinks its a yokomo hotdog 4 and quite rare.Its rough but clean, stick pack chassis, no shocks
Im after some advice on what it is, what I should offer for it as I don't want to steel it from him, I will pay what its worth......but I have no Idea what its worth so I'm in need of some yokomo expert advice
I'm trying to post pictures but with no luck at the min, the upload screen just goes blank:yawn:
Upload them to photo bucket and post the links
Retro RC
19-02-2016, 07:06 PM
Does it look something like this?
http://59burst.blogspot.co.nz/2011/01/yokomo-hotdog-4.html
racingdwarf
19-02-2016, 08:46 PM
yes it does, I can see it up close now as he took £50 for it so its now in my workshop:thumbs: has original wheels and tyres ,box , shell,the only parts missing are the shocks. I will get round to cleaning it up at some point:thumbs:
Will 870c towers fit it with AE shocks? as I have a few spare sets
Retro RC
20-02-2016, 10:41 AM
yes it does, I can see it up close now as he took £50 for it so its now in my workshop:thumbs: has original wheels and tyres ,box , shell,the only parts missing are the shocks. I will get round to cleaning it up at some point:thumbs:
Will 870c towers fit it with AE shocks? as I have a few spare sets
I would say so looking at this
http://59burst.blogspot.co.nz/search/label/hotdog4
racingdwarf
20-02-2016, 12:06 PM
That looks really good, made me hatch a plan:thumbs: thanks for the link
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.