PDA

View Full Version : Is It Me or This Vintage Forum is Slowing Down?


optiman
24-02-2016, 11:23 AM
I am noticing from quite a while now that our vintage forum is really slow.... I hate to say this but unless something is done soon is not going to take long until it becomes just a ghost town!!!
I personally preffer dedicated forums over Facerot groups and or pages. Here we have vast archives of tips, stories, galleries, etc, that Facerot simply does not have, quite frankly our forum is far superior to what whatever Facerot group or page has to offer.
Maybe do a contest, bring back some good threads, something that will catch or bring back the audience!!!
Just my two cents!��

Peakey
24-02-2016, 02:06 PM
I've got a couple of things in the pipeline but I know what you mean it is a bit slow of late.

racingdwarf
24-02-2016, 02:32 PM
Could be the price of some of the stuff at the min, it all seems to be at a high at the min for the popular items and cars, if you are also racing modern cars at club, regionals etc its in some cases getting hard to warrant the vintage spend.


I have just shelved my kokomo 94 as running it at club was getting impossible I have few spares for it and just watched a set of 4 wishbones go for around 60 quid on eBay:woot:

Got a hotdog project on the go tho:thumbs: quite looking forward to it

Chris Larner
24-02-2016, 03:35 PM
The forum as a whole is a bit quiet. People have said they are ditching it because it's too slow and they sometimes can't even load it up!

cainhargreaves679
24-02-2016, 03:48 PM
are there any other uk forums?

xfactor
24-02-2016, 03:56 PM
I will be showing another two Cougar 2s shortly.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

1. Full Cougar 2 Team rebuilt with box. Next few days.
2. Full Cougar 2 WORKS rebuilt custom special. Next month....:D
3. Full spec Tamiya YEAH BABY Top Force coming soon.!!!


Im trying..:wub...........:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Iconic
24-02-2016, 04:44 PM
Facebook is excellent and a great one stop shop and is likely to be responsible for the slowdown of all forums but the strongest (like this one) will survive.

Welshy40
24-02-2016, 04:44 PM
My usual threads dead also but intend on adding to it soon.

Peakey
24-02-2016, 05:51 PM
The forum as a whole is a bit quiet. People have said they are ditching it because it's too slow and they sometimes can't even load it up!

That is in hand I know that the site is being looked at and all
The problems will hopefully be sorted soon :thumbsup:

daz75
24-02-2016, 07:33 PM
The way the forum works will be a big put off for people not getting emails when someone responds to a thread is just garbage

As peaky buys all vintage cars we have to wait for posts by him :D:p

OptimaFan
24-02-2016, 08:14 PM
The way the forum works will be a big put off for people not getting emails when someone responds to a thread is just garbage

As peaky buys all vintage cars we have to wait for posts by him :D:p


Hit the nail on the head. I think we should agree on a punishment for that greedy bugger. How about free Cat XLS or Yokomo for everyone that posted in this thread? :D


I do notice less activity on more internet forums, not just this one. Might be the season.

optiman
24-02-2016, 09:39 PM
Facerot is the most responsible for all the damage, it's so informal, I really hate it for that. In forums you always have usefull information about whatever you need, complete with pictures, opinions, etc... You just make a search and voila!
Facerot does not has that option, you just have to read between all the crap and or informally ask for some help just to get more informal answers.
I do think that if some of the best of best threads are brought back from the depths and make them stickies it might catch past visitors and members that have not visit the page recently.
The current stickies in the forum are in my personal opinion meant for members that can attend the races promoted and specific r/c cars that not all of us have or catch our interest. I guess that maybe more universally likeable threads, tech threads, videos and gallery threads might get a broader audience.

Retro RC
25-02-2016, 12:37 AM
I will be showing another two Cougar 2s shortly.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

1. Full Cougar 2 Team rebuilt with box. Next few days.
2. Full Cougar 2 WORKS rebuilt custom special. Next month....:D
3. Full spec Tamiya YEAH BABY Top Force coming soon.!!!


Im trying..:wub...........:thumbsup::thumbsup:
You and me both looks like there will be a few c2 threads over the next few months , my new built c2 works, a c2 works runner, and a full new parts custom c2works, chassis are nearly sorted just need to find a new u255 motor gaurd for 1 of them then they're all go.

After them it's a new build bosscat works, rebuild on a trx-1 and blue eagle LS, then a xx, then new build xx4, oh yeh then the procat runner to do aswell:thumbsup: just need to finish off my house and give up work lol

fakiee
25-02-2016, 02:46 PM
Hit the nail on the head. I think we should agree on a punishment for that greedy bugger. How about free Cat XLS or Yokomo for everyone that posted in this thread? :D

I do notice less activity on more internet forums, not just this one. Might be the season.

I want MOOOAAAAR! ;)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-wanted-buy/914388-wanted-vintage-yokomo-yz10-parts.html

To be fair I'm buying tons right now as well, not sure why as I should be selling!!

Peakey
25-02-2016, 04:42 PM
The way the forum works will be a big put off for people not getting emails when someone responds to a thread is just garbage

As peakey buys all vintage cars we have to wait for posts by him :D:p

Im not buying everything trust me my funds don't stretch that far :p

Hit the nail on the head. I think we should agree on a punishment for that greedy bugger. How about free Cat XLS or Yokomo for everyone that posted in this thread? :D


I do notice less activity on more internet forums, not just this one. Might be the season.

I've only got 1 XLS and a SWB cat project so you can do one too :woot::lol:

I want MOOOAAAAR! ;)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-wanted-buy/914388-wanted-vintage-yokomo-yz10-parts.html

To be fair I'm buying tons right now as well, not sure why as I should be selling!!

It's worth a shot I refuse to pay Trung $45 for 3 works 91 rear hubs that army even in the pack!! Plus I've seen the gems in your Yoke stash so you can't say anything either your all hoarders :lol::lol:

J77MYF
25-02-2016, 04:48 PM
Maybe we should all start posting again :thumbsup:

fakiee
25-02-2016, 05:24 PM
It's worth a shot I refuse to pay Trung $45 for 3 works 91 rear hubs that army even in the pack!! Plus I've seen the gems in your Yoke stash so you can't say anything either your all hoarders :lol::lol:

Yeah you got me there! :blush: And those rear hubs! I only have a set through sheer luck as I didn't realize the 91 had different ones.

Give Crusaderlif a shout think he may have some.

archtech
25-02-2016, 07:32 PM
I could start a skill development series as I run my rc10 worlds re re against more modern designs at batley and 10 electric. If people are interested in that sort of content Id be happy to write up some experiences from my (kinda below average) driving prospective.

daz75
25-02-2016, 07:35 PM
Whats the difference between ZC-415A and ZC-415 peaky?

xfactor
25-02-2016, 08:38 PM
My Cougar 2 Team restore is complete.

I will be posting over the weekend of this :thumbsup:

I have received my Full carbon TOP FORCE so will sort this over the next week.

Then will post this beast. :thumbsup:

My Cougar 2 WORKS will be sorted in the next 4 weeks.

Then I will post this also !!

This section is now alive !!! YEAH BABY !!!

Keep posting up boys and girls........

Peakey
25-02-2016, 08:49 PM
Whats the difference between ZC-415A and ZC-415 peaky?

I think the 415 is the front Mag hubs from the 870c I need the rears from the 91 which they changed on the 92 onwards, so this is why they are harder to find.

JamieB76
29-02-2016, 12:29 PM
If someone has a spare GPM rear shock mount for the Tomy Intruder I will happily post a build thread. The build is at a standstill until I get one or decide to give up and use something else front and back.

daz75
29-02-2016, 09:09 PM
Is It Me or This Vintage Forum is Slowing Down?

It just died a death for me :thumbdown::D

Peakey
29-02-2016, 09:39 PM
If someone has a spare GPM rear shock mount for the Tomy Intruder I will happily post a build thread. The build is at a standstill until I get one or decide to give up and use something else front and back.

You could get one made and anodised? And post up a thread anyway :p

It just died a death for me :thumbdown::D

You need to post your collection up too 😉

Retro RC
01-03-2016, 03:39 AM
You could get one made and anodised? And post up a thread anyway😉
Or he could just go carbon front and rear from fathead I know where to get a template from;)

purplenut
01-03-2016, 09:04 AM
I will be showing another two Cougar 2s shortly.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

1. Full Cougar 2 Team rebuilt with box. Next few days.
2. Full Cougar 2 WORKS rebuilt custom special. Next month....:D
3. Full spec Tamiya YEAH BABY Top Force coming soon.!!!


Im trying..:wub...........:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Can not wait buddy

daz75
01-03-2016, 05:40 PM
You need to post your collection up too 😉

My 93WCS has its own thread :D my other 2 are in the show us what you've got thread

Peakey
01-03-2016, 07:33 PM
My 93WCS has its own thread :D my other 2 are in the show us what you've got thread

Your trying to tell me that's all you've got :confused::thumbdown:

Retro RC
01-03-2016, 11:58 PM
Yee haa the new server is quick no more slow oople lol

daz75
02-03-2016, 12:37 AM
Your trying to tell me that's all you've got :confused::thumbdown:

Oh and my old corally f1 car an old schumacher mission that I've kept because it works

Peakey
02-03-2016, 08:37 AM
Yee haa the new server is quick no more slow oople lol

I now much better, onwards and upwards now

alcyon
09-03-2016, 05:27 AM
Vintage isnt slowing down.its just a lot of people are posting on facebook now.

fidspeed
09-03-2016, 07:13 AM
Vintage isnt slowing down.its just a lot of people are posting on facebook now.

myself and Stuntmonk1 (Mitchell my lad) don't use Facerot are we missing out on genuine info and ideas (don't mind missing the rubbiish that goes with it

regards Dave

Retro RC
09-03-2016, 09:41 AM
myself and Stuntmonk1 (Mitchell my lad) don't use Facerot are we missing out on genuine info and ideas (don't mind missing the rubbiish that goes with it

regards Dave

I'm with you Dave can't stand it

alcyon
10-03-2016, 01:34 AM
Whether one likes facebook or not ..it is getting a lot of the vintage traffic.

Peakey
10-03-2016, 08:45 PM
myself and Stuntmonk1 (Mitchell my lad) don't use Facerot are we missing out on genuine info and ideas (don't mind missing the rubbiish that goes with it

regards Dave

I'm with you Dave can't stand it

I never really did Facbook too but.......... I can honestly say I'm glad I did. I've bought and sold alot on there made new friends I wouldn't of on here alone, I think the best thing about it is the speed really. It's instant you can ask a question and have it answers in minuets, you can add photos instantly without having to upload them somewhere first.
Im not saying it's the best thing since sliced bread but it has it's bonuses as does this place. You can add a post and it's swallowed up in a day and pretty much gone forever where as here you can add a thread and keep going back to it again and again.
I will continue to be using both for there advantages rather than there downsides.