View Full Version : Cougar 2 Works
Peakey
25-02-2016, 08:23 PM
Due to popular demand here's another thread :thumbsup:
This will be my 2WD entry for this year's revival, this was a gift from the legend that is Mr Rowlands :thumbsup:
So this was what I received
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/40685C5B-3103-4BD2-86EA-C656B0DBC2C1_zpsli4xaizv.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/40685C5B-3103-4BD2-86EA-C656B0DBC2C1_zpsli4xaizv.jpg.html)
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/D400D60A-4993-41AC-8F0D-4A98B42AFF35_zpsowgbwejg.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/D400D60A-4993-41AC-8F0D-4A98B42AFF35_zpsowgbwejg.jpg.html)
It started life as a team car and came with a works rear box. I managed to pick this up from Fiberlyte as part of a project they did for someone but they never got finished.
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/CFDF867C-74F3-4F7C-B79A-761870653778_zps0b4nf6sn.png (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/CFDF867C-74F3-4F7C-B79A-761870653778_zps0b4nf6sn.png.html)
I started to strip it the other night and the rear diff felt a bit stiff and had a hole in it???
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/B022E2F2-19C2-4F7D-A6C7-9DE201A511BB_zpstg9gpcvb.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/B022E2F2-19C2-4F7D-A6C7-9DE201A511BB_zpstg9gpcvb.jpg.html)
It took some getting apart and it soon became clear why
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/489B4081-3459-40EC-8A5C-7AAFED352669_zpsv9nd1ury.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/489B4081-3459-40EC-8A5C-7AAFED352669_zpsv9nd1ury.jpg.html)
Yep some numpty had glued it up and for some reason had drilled thought it so the only thing that's good for is the bin!!
I managet to get a works chassis from Chris for a template so I could trim the cf chassis down. All that's left to do is trim a little off the front and then drill it :D
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/02195FD0-E4DB-48B8-996A-49D3C39D0F7E_zpsvksnffuv.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/02195FD0-E4DB-48B8-996A-49D3C39D0F7E_zpsvksnffuv.jpg.html)
That's about as far as I've got for now, more to follow as soon as I get chance I've got a TC to build first that I need for June. I really need to prioritise thing lol.
xfactor
25-02-2016, 08:29 PM
Nice J,
Will look awesome with that chassis fitted mate.:thumbsup:
Peakey
25-02-2016, 08:39 PM
Thanks mark, I just need to make sure I drill It all in the right place and hope it all lines up :lol:
autoxvw
25-02-2016, 10:21 PM
Just build with the chassis I sent. You wouldn't want to hurt that carbon baby on the track. Send it over. I'll give it a nice cozy home in my display case. :D
Retro RC
25-02-2016, 10:22 PM
Hey Justin nice to see yours is underway now too :thumbsup:
do you have a spare diff to use? Or the parts to rebuild it?
Also Damo has the genuine works tower pattern from towers that I gave him to template so if you need some you know where to go:D
Retro RC
25-02-2016, 10:24 PM
Just build with the chassis I sent. You wouldn't want to hurt that carbon baby on the track. Send it over. I'll give it a nice cozy home in my display case. :D
Don't worry mate there will be 1 available very soon;)
Peakey
25-02-2016, 11:00 PM
Just build with the chassis I sent. You wouldn't want to hurt that carbon baby on the track. Send it over. I'll give it a nice cozy home in my display case. :D
Not a chance you've got way too much good stuff anyway.
Hey Justin nice to see yours is underway now too :thumbsup:
do you have a spare diff to use? Or the parts to rebuild it?
Also Damo has the genuine works tower pattern from towers that I gave him to template so if you need some you know where to go:D
I've got diffs buddy don't worry about that ;) and I've also got a set of works towers I got them with the chassis.
Don't worry mate there will be 1 available very soon;)
Soon :lol: maybe but he's been saying that for the last 2 years :lol: or is he doing it before all the other stuff he's got on that ever expanding list :thumbsup:
autoxvw
26-02-2016, 12:43 AM
Not a chance you've got way too much good stuff anyway
Who me? Lol.
Soon :lol: maybe but he's been saying that for the last 2 years :lol: or is he doing it before all the other stuff he's got on that ever expanding list :thumbsup:
Yes what's the deal with this? We have been waiting for some time now.
Retro RC
26-02-2016, 01:03 AM
Yes what's the deal with this? We have been waiting for some time now.
Moulds are being made at the moment hopefully have some news in the next week or so
Retro RC
26-02-2016, 01:05 AM
Soon :lol: maybe but he's been saying that for the last 2 years :lol: or is he doing it before all the other stuff he's got on that ever expanding list :thumbsup:
Lol it's only been 1 year;)
Peakey
26-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Lol it's only been 1 year;)
Really it seems a lot longer :lol:
I'm hoping for some parts for my Procat in about 4 years then :woot:
fakiee
26-02-2016, 02:58 PM
Nice work on the Chassis, Justin. I remember the thread from 10talk about getting these made again but FL pulled out as they said it wasn't do able in a practical sense.
I really like the Cougar 2, when its decked out with the silver shocks, carbon towers and metal driveshafts it looks ace. Also nice touch on that one with the white rod ends!!
Any one know good place to get a chassis anodised, I have one but it needs a refurb?
daz75
26-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Lol at that diff
Peakey
26-02-2016, 06:27 PM
Lol at that diff
I managed to salvage a bearing out the diff 😂😂😂😂😂
xfactor
26-02-2016, 07:16 PM
I would use nail varnish remover on that diff J.......:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I use it on my tyres/wheels. Over night the glue has turned to jelly......:D:D:D
Use it, use it, use it
mporter2000
26-02-2016, 07:27 PM
Is that infinity motor going begging?
Peakey
26-02-2016, 08:53 PM
I would use nail varnish remover on that diff J.......:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I use it on my tyres/wheels. Over night the glue has turned to jelly......:D:D:D
Use it, use it, use it
It's way beyond that buddy trust me!!
Is that infinity motor going begging?
Welcome out the shodows Foggy 😉 I don't need it so if you want it buddy it's yours pm me and we'll sort it.
DerbyDan
27-02-2016, 01:27 AM
It's way beyond that buddy trust me!!
Welcome out the shodows Foggy 😉 I don't need it so if you want it buddy it's yours pm me and we'll sort it.
Surely the alloy diff halves might be salvageable after a dip in some acetone??
mporter2000
27-02-2016, 07:33 AM
I'm working on a Cougar 2 rebuild myself
Peakey
27-02-2016, 09:33 AM
Surely the alloy diff halves might be salvageable after a dip in some acetone??
Maybe salvageable but they've got holes in so surly that will unbalance them
Peakey
27-03-2016, 01:18 AM
I've had some time over the last few days to do a bit more with the cougar and also my counter sink arrived too so I can finish it off.
So out with the old glued up manky diff in with a nice new one and some ceramic balls I found
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/5E62A87E-82F0-4259-A0AB-EAFAE421761A_zpsgs83pvxx.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/5E62A87E-82F0-4259-A0AB-EAFAE421761A_zpsgs83pvxx.jpg.html)
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/F18FC6C7-D665-4F23-9635-E5E0A3DECF8A_zpsinw7grvg.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/F18FC6C7-D665-4F23-9635-E5E0A3DECF8A_zpsinw7grvg.jpg.html)
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/015B086E-873D-416A-ADA7-1F8FD7E3FDDB_zpsptixkhgi.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/015B086E-873D-416A-ADA7-1F8FD7E3FDDB_zpsptixkhgi.jpg.html)
The towers are a perfect match
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/1E82B436-9795-4177-9631-664FC5732C86_zpseu1rcjom.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/1E82B436-9795-4177-9631-664FC5732C86_zpseu1rcjom.jpg.html)
This is still in the mock up stage
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/68784E45-67A3-4CA2-B2AF-667F5C2CE93D_zps0hemlaze.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/68784E45-67A3-4CA2-B2AF-667F5C2CE93D_zps0hemlaze.jpg.html)
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/70456D3A-314C-4A1E-92C3-BBBB0E56FB4E_zpsdbsvpjuu.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/70456D3A-314C-4A1E-92C3-BBBB0E56FB4E_zpsdbsvpjuu.jpg.html)
First and mainly I had to get the rear wishboan mounts fitted and the tub had a lot of material to remove to get the fit I wanted.
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/5275AF0C-9C1D-4891-8BF0-AE2F2BC847DB_zpslmjt06li.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/5275AF0C-9C1D-4891-8BF0-AE2F2BC847DB_zpslmjt06li.jpg.html)
So this is how it's sitting now
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/E202B2E6-0472-442D-9409-63E4720AE069_zpsp4umhocz.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/E202B2E6-0472-442D-9409-63E4720AE069_zpsp4umhocz.jpg.html)
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/19C7E44E-B25B-4680-996A-E2266D84F18D_zpsq8cbe5fg.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/19C7E44E-B25B-4680-996A-E2266D84F18D_zpsq8cbe5fg.jpg.html)
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/3AD12488-B8ED-4EDE-9A8B-7C188E91B921_zpsmetgjcow.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/3AD12488-B8ED-4EDE-9A8B-7C188E91B921_zpsmetgjcow.jpg.html)
Thought it would be fitting to polish up some rollers for it too
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/A5B6BB03-D8BB-43EA-A07A-5A7B0010F494_zpscsgfbwzr.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/A5B6BB03-D8BB-43EA-A07A-5A7B0010F494_zpscsgfbwzr.jpg.html)
More to follow soon hopefully and there's still a little something I want to try that I think will finish it off perectly :D
Retro RC
27-03-2016, 09:42 AM
Lol you could have cleaned the plastics up first😱 Looks very nice so far mate can't wait to see it finished.......1 day I might get my s##t together🏎
Peakey
27-03-2016, 10:31 AM
Lol you could have cleaned the plastics up first😱 Looks very nice so far mate can't wait to see it finished.......1 day I might get my s##t together🏎
I did say MOCK UP stage 🙄 I needed to make sure it fitted before I clean it all and decide what arms to use they were the first ones I grabbed.
xfactor
27-03-2016, 10:55 AM
Looks cracking J.
I know you said mock up matey but just check your belt adjusters. Need turning a good 180. Dont forget.
Love the carbon matey against the purple. Made the rite choice there matey.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Peakey
01-05-2016, 10:25 AM
It's getting closer to completion just a couple more bits to do like decide where to put the battery 😁
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/19B863BB-EADB-4315-ABF9-9B1B1F30AF95_zpslz2ckpn4.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/19B863BB-EADB-4315-ABF9-9B1B1F30AF95_zpslz2ckpn4.jpg.html)
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/CB8E8D3B-8041-4851-A6A9-F27CDB509E55_zpse1w4tahi.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/CB8E8D3B-8041-4851-A6A9-F27CDB509E55_zpse1w4tahi.jpg.html)
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/1841E584-CAD1-4C47-844E-58FDAE151336_zpsogdkx05s.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/1841E584-CAD1-4C47-844E-58FDAE151336_zpsogdkx05s.jpg.html)
daz75
01-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Looking good what colour shell are you going for pink?
Peakey
01-05-2016, 11:16 AM
Not sure yet I'll mask it up and see what I come up with, I don't think I've got any pink paint though :p
Peakey
01-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Gear cover fits well
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Cougar%202%20Works/45C136F8-479C-4744-87A0-0E77A3ACDD28_zpsnxwpmyaq.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Cougar%202%20Works/45C136F8-479C-4744-87A0-0E77A3ACDD28_zpsnxwpmyaq.jpg.html)
zzzubbb
01-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Love the yokomo wheels !!!
Very cool
;)
Jon.d
01-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Looks ace I'm hoping to get my hands on 1 in next couplve week but will need a gear box from wot I can gather love the chassis
Peakey
01-05-2016, 05:24 PM
Just sent u a pm
Like a vulcher 😂
mporter2000
01-05-2016, 06:56 PM
How does the works gear cover stay on?
autoxvw
01-05-2016, 08:00 PM
How does the works gear cover stay on?
Friction.
Peakey
01-05-2016, 08:05 PM
How does the works gear cover stay on?
There's 3 small screws that hold it to the motor plate
Retro RC
02-05-2016, 06:53 AM
Very nice Peakey:thumbsup: I see your going for your updated slipper setup to.
Did you find you had to dremmel a small amount out of the back of your fibrelyte towers to get them to fit over the front bulkhead?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.