View Full Version : Yokomo YZ-10
Stuntmonk1
29-02-2016, 07:40 PM
Hi guys i recently picked up a yz10 and a bosscat. Im in the process of rebuilding the yz10, and the front lower bulkhead has broken, that holds the shock tower on. Looking for a replacement new or used. I got a tub full of spares too, but that's the only bit i don't have. Lol. Also i was told it was a 94, but if you guys could confirm this as im not 100% because i think the top deck is fibrelyte and i have several different types of shock towers. Any help is much appreciated. (Photos should be attached)
Cheers Mitch
Peakey
29-02-2016, 08:39 PM
Welcome Mitch I've already seen this and yes it is a 94 with carbon towers and top deck which is either Fiberlitye or CML. Looks like a good base with the all important TCS and what looks like works 93 turnbuckles 😉
My advice would be to strip it and give it a good clean it should clean up well, then see what it needs. I should have a spare bulkhead I'll check and see what I have. Looks like you need a rear tower too but like I said see what else it needs if anything.
Stuntmonk1
29-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Cheers Peaky, yes i am going to strip it this week and see if it needs anything else, there are a few little things but Stu said he might be able to sort me out with a few bits im missing.
Will keep posting updates,
Cheers Mitch
daz75
29-02-2016, 08:55 PM
any ideas on the part number for the bulkhead?
Stuntmonk1
29-02-2016, 09:19 PM
No sorry bud, think ive found the right manual online but it doesn't show any parts numbers.
Peakey
29-02-2016, 09:35 PM
There's a manual here but as for part numbers there not great
http://www.competitionx.com/pdf/vehicle-manuals/yokomo/yokomo-yz-10-manual.pdf
daz75
01-03-2016, 05:43 PM
I'm not expert you see I have some new in packet bulkhead but I've no idea if they are for your car
suparajicon
01-03-2016, 06:48 PM
I can help with yz10 94´ parts number, I have some old japanese Yokomo catalogues, if needed by someone.
Stuntmonk1
01-03-2016, 08:20 PM
We are after the lower front bulkhead part number, sounds like daz might have some nip, but we're not sure which part number corresponds to my car.
suparajicon
01-03-2016, 09:02 PM
ZD-300 front bulkhead with cap ?
Stuntmonk1
02-03-2016, 07:22 PM
I'm not sure if that's the right part bud. I think that piece is the 1st picture, from what i've found from searching the part number in google. I'm after the part in the second picture. However i am not 100%.
Anyone know how you can get the yellow stained effect off the chassis?
Peakey
02-03-2016, 08:46 PM
Yeah the ZD-300 is the cap well that's what I was selling it under wether the whole bulkhead comes in the pack in not sure. I'll check if I've got time tomorrow I'm sure I've got a spre but I'll find out
daz75
02-03-2016, 08:56 PM
Yeah the ZD-300 is the cap well that's what I was selling it under wether the whole bulkhead comes in the pack in not sure. I'll check if I've got time tomorrow I'm sure I've got a spre but I'll find out
ah that's the one we were talking about via PM a while back :)
Stuntmonk1
02-03-2016, 09:05 PM
Cheers for the help guys!
timmy
02-03-2016, 10:31 PM
Yeah the ZD-300 is the cap well that's what I was selling it under wether the whole bulkhead comes in the pack in not sure. I'll check if I've got time tomorrow I'm sure I've got a spre but I'll find out
If Justin can't find you one i'm 99.9% sure i've got a used lower bulkhead here you can have.
Peakey
02-03-2016, 10:50 PM
If Justin can't find you one i'm 99.9% sure i've got a used lower bulkhead here you can have.
What haven't you got :lol:
Stuntmonk1
03-03-2016, 07:42 AM
Cheers Timmy. Out of interest are you still running my old bmax 2, anodised red?
timmy
03-03-2016, 01:25 PM
What haven't you got :lol:
Lots of things, but the list is getting smaller:woot:
timmy
03-03-2016, 01:30 PM
Cheers Timmy. Out of interest are you still running my old bmax 2, anodised red?
I'm not personally but there's a young member at our club, who has learning difficulties but a lot of talent with these toy cars, so I gave it him to run in the Welsh league last year, he loved it, had a good year with it and will be running it again this year. :thumbsup:
Stuntmonk1
03-03-2016, 06:35 PM
Glad to here its still be used!!
Peakey
03-03-2016, 06:41 PM
Good and bad news, I've found 1 😁 Bad news I need that for my Rory cull car I'm sure I had 2 or 3 😞 If I do come across another I'll give you a shout but I'm not holding my breath.
Stuntmonk1
03-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Okay thanks for looking peaky, if anyone has one new or used, give me a shout. However the parts which i am going to need to get this ready for the revival is growing!
tyreman
03-03-2016, 07:56 PM
Send Cobra on here a message as he has a couple of these cars and a shed load of spares.
Stuntmonk1
03-03-2016, 08:44 PM
I'll drop him a pm if timmy cant find one.:thumbsup:
timmy
03-03-2016, 09:22 PM
I'll drop him a pm if timmy cant find one.:thumbsup:
Got one here for you :thumbsup:
However the parts which i am going to need to get this ready for the revival is growing!
What else you needing?
Stuntmonk1
04-03-2016, 10:24 AM
I'm going to need one front driveshaft, wing wire, maybe wing clamps to hold the wire to the shock tower and wing buttons, I'm not sure yet as I might have these at home, front bumper. Those are the necessary parts. But I'm also on the look out for a full decent set of whishbones and a rear shock tower. As before these aren't necessary but are just to bring it up to a better standard.
Cheers Mitch
Peakey
04-03-2016, 11:11 AM
i have a good 94 rear tower I you need it and if it's just 1 drive shaft I know I've got a spare or 2. Wing mounts can be bought off eBay made by a guy in Korea (Pargu) if you serve YZ10 you'll come across his stuff.
Bumper again you can pick them up off eBay now and then there's a guy called Peter (Pedro150_0) that makes repo's, he's actually got a pair of rear arms nip ATM for a good price Ask him if he has any or if he can make you one tell him I sent you too :thumbsup:
Stuntmonk1
04-03-2016, 01:16 PM
Cheers peaky, I'll take those bits off you if you don't mind:thumbsup:! I'll get onto those guys for the other bits too.
timmy
04-03-2016, 09:55 PM
You can also try Brian (rcwingsnwheels on ebay, rccarsforsal on rc10talk) for bumpers, i had a couple off him recently. If you're going to be running lipo, i've also got a spare set of his battery trays for a '94 too.
Stuntmonk1
04-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Cheers Timmy I'll take the battery trays too! :thumbsup:
timmy
04-03-2016, 10:15 PM
They're yours buddy. I'll go through my box of bits tomorrow and see if if I've got anything else that may be of use to you.
Stuntmonk1
04-03-2016, 10:27 PM
Haha don't or else I'll be spending more money!!
timmy
05-03-2016, 10:28 PM
too late! once these things get their claws into you there is no stopping... i'm waiting on two more parcels of goodies myself:woot:
Stuntmonk1
06-03-2016, 10:48 AM
I know its a bit late now but i think i've found the part number for the front bulkhead, just for future references.
ZD-411?
Cheers Mitch
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.