View Full Version : Ebay
mporter2000
08-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Hi
Anyone have trouble with selling to Germany?
nope. not with the ebay global shipping program.
post it to the depot and they do the rest.
ive also bought from portugal and france through it. easy
timmy
08-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Hi
Anyone have trouble with selling to Germany?
What type of trouble? I've bought and sold plenty of stuff with no problems.
mporter2000
08-03-2016, 10:07 PM
I've sold something to Germany but it doesn't seem to acknowledge the global shipping program.
ie no uk address for forwarding just the German address.
I've sent plenty abroad before
daz75
09-03-2016, 01:39 PM
What's this global shipping programme never even heard of it?
Peakey
09-03-2016, 02:59 PM
What's this global shipping programme never even heard of it?
It's where eBay charge the buyer a massive about of postage and the customs fees at the point of sale. Then the seller just posts it to a uk address ( or whichever country there in) they put another lable on then post it abroad.
It's just another eBay scam which to me seems pointless, you've got to go to the post office anyway why not just post it abroad?
You still have to put an address on the box why not put the final destination on and but the expensive middleman?
daz75
09-03-2016, 03:26 PM
It's where eBay charge the buyer a massive about of postage and the customs fees at the point of sale. Then the seller just posts it to a uk address ( or whichever country there in) they put another lable on then post it abroad.
It's just another eBay scam which to me seems pointless, you've got to go to the post office anyway why not just post it abroad?
You still have to put an address on the box why not put the final destination on and but the expensive middleman?
Is it cheaper than Royal Mail though. I just recently posted out a big car would have been £14 ish at the post office I took it in to check. Exact same service via eBay was £10 this is all uk related tho. So middlemen aint always more expensive
Peakey
09-03-2016, 05:28 PM
I bought some stuff on US eBay was about £160 ish I think it was, eBay global shipping was like £20 postage (it was a small parcel) then tje customs which was about £45 with there fees!! Yes it's esier for the seller but it's a dip off or the buyer.
I had it sent via Muscat so it worked out about £20 all in
daz75
09-03-2016, 07:46 PM
I bought some stuff on US eBay was about £160 ish I think it was, eBay global shipping was like £20 postage (it was a small parcel) then tje customs which was about £45 with there fees!! Yes it's esier for the seller but it's a dip off or the buyer.
I had it sent via Muscat so it worked out about £20 all in
Muscat lol
I guess stuff inside the European Union won't get hit with tax tho
Peakey
09-03-2016, 08:32 PM
Muscat lol
I guess stuff inside the European Union won't get hit with tax tho
It went via Dan for that very reason :thumbsup:
Retro RC
09-03-2016, 09:20 PM
Royal Mail is a rip off too lol. I had a cougar sent down to me by peakey and they charged him £80 pounds since then I've found out our New Zealand post has a freight forwarding service from the uk us and China, the next buggy I brought down here was only £35 tracked through them so I'd suggest looking around first
Peakey
09-03-2016, 11:21 PM
I'm not saying there the cheapest ones but in 4 years they've only lost 1 of my parcels but I do have anothe MIA as we speek, and it was £72 😉
fakiee
10-03-2016, 11:04 AM
I'm not saying there the cheapest ones but in 4 years they've only lost 1 of my parcels but I do have anothe MIA as we speek, and it was £72 😉
Seem to be getting a bit more shoddy these days. Parcel force lost a really clean astute with box I posted to someone on Tamiya club. Luckily I paid more for insurance so it ended all square. But that astute is now gone and in the aether!
Aols when posting with RM the clerks will always try and push special delivery, even after i ask for 1st class signed for - they'll say "do you need it next day? - get special delivery!"
The amount of people they must mug off with SD when they could get 1st class is unreal. /rantover
Bottom line is if I'm selling I make the postage and insurance terms clear as more stuff is getting lost these days.
racingdwarf
10-03-2016, 12:41 PM
Biggest problem I have had with RM is with recorded they don't care who signs for it, I have had two cases over the years with parcels being delivered 2 doors/same street from the house they should have been as long as someone signed RM was happy and reported job done.the worst one was a yokomo car, it got delivered in the same street but to wrong number, 85 year old boy living in the house just signed as he was asked to then took it in. the Ebay buyer was ranting were was parcel,I looked up the history of the delivery on line and was able to see the name of who signed, told the buyer who luckily knew the name and went and retrieved the car!
RM was uninterested said they had done their job and the address was probably not clear enough and that the old boy was in the wrong as he should not have signed or taken the parcel as his name was clearly not on the front. BUT as he had signed and accepted it it was not their fault.
mporter2000
10-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Who's good for int deliveries?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.