PDA

View Full Version : Iconic RC Revival 2016 runners


gainsy
16-03-2016, 08:36 PM
Ok people with this years revival quickly approaching lets see them finished runners that will grace the event :D

Peakey
16-03-2016, 08:39 PM
Sort of finished my 93WCS

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/WCS%20runner/EE82287F-6425-47AE-94A2-EB8AF71398E1_zpsvri4gciz.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/WCS%20runner/EE82287F-6425-47AE-94A2-EB8AF71398E1_zpsvri4gciz.jpg.html)


http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/WCS%20runner/463AD058-94DF-4770-AD84-DA3FB460B8A3_zpsp2kp8cxe.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/WCS%20runner/463AD058-94DF-4770-AD84-DA3FB460B8A3_zpsp2kp8cxe.jpg.html)

gainsy
16-03-2016, 08:40 PM
Here's my Cat 2000 that will be my main 4wd racer on the sunday

Peakey
16-03-2016, 08:50 PM
Looking good Stu 😎 What years is your 2k?

daz75
16-03-2016, 09:03 PM
Looking good peaky
:thumbsup:

gainsy
16-03-2016, 09:05 PM
93 mate

gainsy
16-03-2016, 09:06 PM
Sort of finished my 93WCS

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/WCS%20runner/EE82287F-6425-47AE-94A2-EB8AF71398E1_zpsvri4gciz.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/WCS%20runner/EE82287F-6425-47AE-94A2-EB8AF71398E1_zpsvri4gciz.jpg.html)

Love this car :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

xfactor
16-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Hi all,

Heres my Cougar 2 2wd runner for the Saturday.

4WD Tamiya Top Force added for the Sunday.....:thumbsup:

CLICK TO ENLARGE !!

daz75
16-03-2016, 11:33 PM
How come you have spoke wheels peakey?

Peakey
16-03-2016, 11:54 PM
Looks good Mark, Thanks Stu and Daz it still needs a couple of little bits but nothing major. I'm waiting on a couple of bits for my cougar and I need to sort my XLS too and my Procat as a backup. And I've still not sorted my TC out yet for the iconic cup lol

Edit: just remembered I'm building the endurance car too!! I've got parts in the US waiting to come back for that also :lol:

DanB4
17-03-2016, 04:31 AM
Once finished I'll post a pic of all 5 I'm bringing (somehow in a suitcase amongst the kids clothes....hope the shocks don't leak!)

Kyosho Trinity Ultima
Schumacher Cougar

Kyosho Optima Pro
Schumacher Cat 2000ec

Kyosho Optima Mid Truck

Retro RC
17-03-2016, 05:54 AM
Once finished I'll post a pic of all 5 I'm bringing (somehow in a suitcase amongst the kids clothes....hope the shocks don't leak!)

Kyosho Trinity Ultima
Schumacher Cougar

Kyosho Optima Pro
Schumacher Cat 2000ec

Kyosho Optima Mid Truck
Lmao travel with them empty and fill em up when you get there:thumbsup:

DanB4
17-03-2016, 09:05 AM
That requires more effort!

Naushad
17-03-2016, 09:22 AM
Yeah it looks like sort of finished except your name ain't Rory Cull!
:D

Sort of finished my 93WCS

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/WCS%20runner/EE82287F-6425-47AE-94A2-EB8AF71398E1_zpsvri4gciz.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/WCS%20runner/EE82287F-6425-47AE-94A2-EB8AF71398E1_zpsvri4gciz.jpg.html)


http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/WCS%20runner/463AD058-94DF-4770-AD84-DA3FB460B8A3_zpsp2kp8cxe.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/WCS%20runner/463AD058-94DF-4770-AD84-DA3FB460B8A3_zpsp2kp8cxe.jpg.html)

DanB4
17-03-2016, 11:42 AM
He's a stalker - changing his name to Rory Peake!!

Iconic
17-03-2016, 01:44 PM
Here's a shot of my Monster Beetle from last year's Revival which I am again loaning to Gainsy for this year's event. :thumbsup:

It's the lighter coloured one on the left.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag159/IconicRC/Iconic/e1_zps35ifgmyc.jpg

Peakey
17-03-2016, 02:02 PM
Yeah it looks like sort of finished except your name ain't Rory Cull!
:D

He's a stalker - changing his name to Rory Peake!!

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻 your both only jealous :p:p I won't let either of you have a go with MY endurance car :lol::lol:

DanB4
17-03-2016, 02:42 PM
Oh he's playing that game!! :p

Naushad
17-03-2016, 04:11 PM
I'm sorry I made you upset Peakey...

Your WCS is really nice.

In fact it's a beautiful build.

Rory Cull would be proud of you

:wub

Peakey
17-03-2016, 07:31 PM
That's it I'm disowning both of you :p

gainsy
17-03-2016, 10:08 PM
The dog will be attending again, this time driven by it's owner & not me, was a right laugh to drive last year as was John's monster beetle

Retro RC
18-03-2016, 03:18 AM
He's a stalker - changing his name to Rory Peake!!

Lmao:thumbsup: might have to start saving some money and do the trip over for next years event ......might even have some project finished by then :blush:

stuey
18-03-2016, 07:45 PM
Hi peeps, a pic of my B3 for the late 2wd class. I was lucky to get this from my Dad, and I have updated it a bit from a Basic spec kit. Goes pretty well :)
Nice pics of the other runners too guys
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r128/stueypics/B3%20pic_zpsejvfgx9e.jpg

gainsy
18-06-2016, 09:34 AM
6 Weeks to go people!!!

Any more finished rides?

xfactor
18-06-2016, 05:22 PM
Hi all,

Here is my new 4wd ready for the Sunday...... Cant wait for this weekend.....:thumbsup:

gainsy
18-06-2016, 07:40 PM
Looks sweet :thumbsup:

Can't wait till it starts, will be there lunchtime friday as friday has always been pub & then curry day :)

type49rs
18-06-2016, 10:49 PM
Hi all,

Here is my new 4wd ready for the Sunday...... Cant wait for this weekend.....:thumbsup:

Very nice. Did you buy the wheels in that colour or are they white ones dyed?

DanB4
19-06-2016, 06:40 AM
Looks sweet :thumbsup:

Can't wait till it starts, will be there lunchtime friday as friday has always been pub & then curry day :)

Me too! ;)

ste_lazzaro
22-06-2016, 10:02 PM
This is my Optima MID Custom Special, ready for racing on sunday!
I'm not using the original body.. 'cos it's too ugly!!!
DanB4, do you recognize your green wheels? Thanks mate!
https://c7.staticflickr.com/8/7571/27232723494_06381bcbbd_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/HusPVq)MID CS II (6) (https://flic.kr/p/HusPVq) by ste_lazzaro (https://www.flickr.com/photos/24004834@N06/), su Flickr
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7407/27844978305_50de0ae5cd_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/JqyMWR)MID CS II (4) (https://flic.kr/p/JqyMWR) by ste_lazzaro (https://www.flickr.com/photos/24004834@N06/), su Flickr
https://c3.staticflickr.com/8/7718/27810555306_e1cb450776_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/JnwnbS)MID CS II (3) (https://flic.kr/p/JnwnbS) by ste_lazzaro (https://www.flickr.com/photos/24004834@N06/), su Flickr

DanB4
23-06-2016, 04:18 AM
See you there :) I do recognise the wheels :)

JamieB76
23-06-2016, 07:36 AM
Cracking cars all of them. Gutted I am going to be missing the event :(

Will be there for sure next year unless something major happens.

Cobra
23-06-2016, 08:34 AM
Here,s my runners for the meeting, I,ll bring a few others as well
See you all there:thumbsup::thumbsup:

veeza
20-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Not long now :-) 2 of my 2wd runners 6gear and worlds RC10 http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/v33za/100_5560_zpsnxe8yjhu.jpg (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/v33za/media/100_5560_zpsnxe8yjhu.jpg.html)
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/v33za/100_5535_zpssjin73lt.jpg (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/v33za/media/100_5535_zpssjin73lt.jpg.html)

Peakey
22-07-2016, 01:36 PM
My runner WCS has now been sold so I've adapted my other WCS which ran at the worlds in 93 to be my runner for the Sunday and it's almost ready.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Rory%20cull%20WCS/934140F2-C5CE-4097-B6C9-32F4E35A5B03_zpsytvskbvm.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Rory%20cull%20WCS/934140F2-C5CE-4097-B6C9-32F4E35A5B03_zpsytvskbvm.jpg.html)
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Rory%20cull%20WCS/0BD39E25-AB75-40ED-8296-6928E06C0E73_zpsbuivilnh.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Rory%20cull%20WCS/0BD39E25-AB75-40ED-8296-6928E06C0E73_zpsbuivilnh.jpg.html)

gainsy
22-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Looks awesome mate
I'm ready :) apart from fitting new wheels/tyres to the rc10 & tyres for the boomie

Rs fruitbat
22-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Great thread , I've owned and raced most of the models listed ,the only vintage models I have now are the original Tamiya hornet ,original Tamiya Lunchbox and a tamiya tl01 .

Sold all my competitive buggies bitd to fund the next latest model ,so many found memories ,of the procat ,boss cat ,cat 2000,Cougars , rc10 b3 , kyosho lazer zxr ,optima mid turbo the list goes on :thumbsup:

Retro RC
23-07-2016, 11:42 AM
My runner WCS has now been sold so I've adapted my other WCS which ran at the worlds in 93 to be my runner for the Sunday and it's almost ready.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Rory%20cull%20WCS/934140F2-C5CE-4097-B6C9-32F4E35A5B03_zpsytvskbvm.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Rory%20cull%20WCS/934140F2-C5CE-4097-B6C9-32F4E35A5B03_zpsytvskbvm.jpg.html)
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/peakey29/Rory%20cull%20WCS/0BD39E25-AB75-40ED-8296-6928E06C0E73_zpsbuivilnh.jpg (http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/peakey29/media/Rory%20cull%20WCS/0BD39E25-AB75-40ED-8296-6928E06C0E73_zpsbuivilnh.jpg.html)
It should have a Rory cull body she'll on it though mate😱

Peakey
23-07-2016, 02:14 PM
It should have a Rory cull body she'll on it though mate😱

I'll be taking it with me but I can't run it, I'll destroy it!! :lol::lol::lol:

OptimaFan
26-07-2016, 05:35 AM
Some nice vintage runners here.

Groomi
26-07-2016, 10:23 AM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13340092_1090538217703051_520018874374821310_o.jpg
Schumacher Top Cat
Build diary: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1023290721094468.1073741836.328796790543868&type=1&l=9be33f04b1


https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13717286_1122378391185700_8393455007105244169_o.jp g
Schumacher Cougar 2 Works
Build diary: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1073881622702044.1073741838.328796790543868&type=1&l=a29f8abcf9


https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13015196_1063389857084554_2638042596404070063_n.jp g?oh=7ebabaa22293afdb0c14df482fe46aed&oe=58142077
Schumacher CAT XLS
Build diary: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.633813666708844.1073741828.328796790543868&type=1&l=db08e23032


https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13575962_1112061225550750_6748459918357129348_o.jp g
Schumacher Bosscat Works


And there will also be a Cougar 2 endurance racer when it's finished. :)

Nearly there!

Groomi
26-07-2016, 10:25 AM
Woah, why so big? :confused:

Iconic
26-07-2016, 10:41 AM
We have 124 vintage 2WD buggies entered on Saturday and 111 vintage 4WD buggies entered on Sunday. Adding on the support race entries (Monster, Wheelie, Rally) it's bang on 300 entries. :thumbsup:

Here's the Super Hot Shot for Team Iconic in the Saturday Night Endurance Race.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag159/IconicRC/Iconic/Image1_zpsnbgq2kqg.jpg

See you chaps there! John

kaszal
26-07-2016, 02:42 PM
OK that's nice, yeah...

Dandare
26-07-2016, 05:32 PM
Here's my Madcap all ready (I hope..)

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag223/danusher346/20160726_165204_zps5nz2z1or.jpg (http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/danusher346/media/20160726_165204_zps5nz2z1or.jpg.html)

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag223/danusher346/20160726_165306_zpssakxc04m.jpg (http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/danusher346/media/20160726_165306_zpssakxc04m.jpg.html)

And here with the serious stuff :lol:



http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag223/danusher346/20160726_170918_zpsafmokptr.jpg (http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/danusher346/media/20160726_170918_zpsafmokptr.jpg.html)

JamieB76
27-07-2016, 06:26 AM
That Madcap is ace! Did you pain the shell yourself? Nice work.

Hopefully this event will happen again next year, I'm riding a 100 mile bike ride for Help for Heros so going to miss this years event. I will keep my July calendar free for next year. At least it gives me more time to build the ultimate Tomy:thumbsup:

Dandare
27-07-2016, 07:43 PM
Thanks fella, I did paint it & got it finished about 30mins before I took the pic.

As a fellow cyclist, good luck with the century :thumbsup:

Welshy40
27-07-2016, 08:14 PM
Cars look stunning. This year I couldnt be there but next year Im there with my Lazer. :thumbsup:

Petchlives
27-07-2016, 08:59 PM
Worlds rere

kaszal
29-07-2016, 12:39 PM
Nearly ready, need to install electrics, balance wheels and give it a test run...

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m134/kaszal/IMG_0520_zps63j3p73m.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m134/kaszal/IMG_0523_zpsxdaarfgy.jpg

jimarea51
29-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Brrrrrr!

Here's my offering.....

Can't wait.......

Jim:thumbsup:

jimarea51
29-07-2016, 07:04 PM
And another one....

Jim

Peakey
29-07-2016, 11:26 PM
Makes me wish I didn't sell my xls now! Looking good Luke I've got to install my electrics when I get back home tomorrow night and then get all packed up for Sunday morning I'll see you there :thumbsup:

Retro RC
30-07-2016, 09:14 AM
Makes me wish I didn't sell my xls now! Looking good Luke I've got to install my electrics when I get back home tomorrow night and then get all packed up for Sunday morning I'll see you there :thumbsup:

You shouldn't have sold it:p

Suzukitudor
03-08-2016, 07:56 AM
Know it's been and gone but my 2wd runners. The green meanie did a days racing and the endurance without missing a beat. A total of 209 laps - on one set of tyres! I wish tyres lasted that long on modern buggies!

Groomi
03-08-2016, 08:38 PM
Know it's been and gone but my 2wd runners. The green meanie did a days racing and the endurance without missing a beat. A total of 209 laps - on one set of tyres! I wish tyres lasted that long on modern buggies!

I know what you mean about tyres.

I had a set of Schumacher yellow mini-spikes that ran last year on my Bosscat Works, this year on the Cougar 2 Works and for the whole of the endurance on another Cougar 2. However, by the end of the day on Sunday they were finished and my Bosscat was hopeless.

I make that about 310mins racing, plus a bit of practice!