View Full Version : B5m: recommend a non egg shaped spur gear please
andrewc
31-03-2016, 10:56 AM
Hi all
As title, can anyone recommend an alternative spur to the associated one for b5m.
Standard kit number of teeth and to fit standard slipper...Just a round one!
MiCk B.
31-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Hi,
The JConcepts spur gears are good:
http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/48-pitch-81t-ss-machined-spur-gear
MiCk B. :-)
Origineelreclamebord
31-03-2016, 06:01 PM
I haven't noticed problems with the Asso spurs myself, but if you're having issues, try RW Racing. They're machined, so no shrinkage issues there to cause egg-shaped gears. I've had a few of them in the past and they stay smooth and last for ages in my experience :)
ralphee
31-03-2016, 06:09 PM
RW for sure, really well made, use them on my TRF211 and there very smooth and true!
Lee
discostu
31-03-2016, 06:29 PM
You have clearly melted it with your clutch to loose if you spur isn't round
andrewc
31-03-2016, 06:45 PM
Thanks guys. Any UK suppliers for RW? J concepts ones look good too.
Every associated one I've used is just a tiny bit off; mesh great at one point, then either tight or loose as you rotate through full cycle.
mattr
31-03-2016, 06:46 PM
Nah, I've had associated spurs oval out of the box (b4.1). Real sod to get them to mesh.
andrewc
31-03-2016, 07:02 PM
Ha! You can have a look next time you're at 1066 Stu!
I'm certain the standard one isn't bob on! See you Sunday?
danDanEFC
31-03-2016, 07:09 PM
Do the RDRP ones fit?
discostu
31-03-2016, 07:11 PM
Ha! You can have a look next time you're at 1066 Stu!
I'm certain the standard one isn't bob on! See you Sunday?
No problem never had a problem with any AE spur
I'll be over Sunday bud bring it over we shall set clutch up
Darren Boyle
31-03-2016, 11:54 PM
Do the RDRP ones fit?
Yes, RDRP do also make Associated fitting spur gears in 72, 78, 83 and 87 tooth. See here - http://www.xfactoryrc.co.uk/index.php/browse-shop/search?keyword=rdrp0256&limitstart=0&option=com_virtuemart&view=category&d90d87f6a72a35c77020c5b1af9bb1e0=
As also mentioned, the JConcepts Silent Speed are also extremely good too, can be found here - http://www.xfactoryrc.co.uk/index.php/browse-shop/search?keyword=silent+speed&limitstart=0&option=com_virtuemart&view=category&d90d87f6a72a35c77020c5b1af9bb1e0=
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.