View Full Version : Optima Mid lower belt cover sponge tape mod
Pluginz
01-04-2016, 11:34 PM
Would anybody be interested in my Optima Mid DIY foam folded and cut lower belt cover seal?
Has not cost me anything to make. Anybody that would like one, i can send for the cost of a stamp. :-)
Some piccys
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/Pluginz/DSC00050_zpscacudgcb.jpg (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/Pluginz/media/DSC00050_zpscacudgcb.jpg.html)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/Pluginz/DSC00054_zps9prqh8ip.jpg (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/Pluginz/media/DSC00054_zps9prqh8ip.jpg.html)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/Pluginz/DSC00055_zpskh0t8czw.jpg (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/Pluginz/media/DSC00055_zpskh0t8czw.jpg.html)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/Pluginz/DSC_0108_zps9lenuev0.jpg (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/Pluginz/media/DSC_0108_zps9lenuev0.jpg.html)
If its of any help to anybody , just give us a shout. :-)
Baz
HKS_TRD
02-04-2016, 07:13 AM
where did you get the alloy mount from, thats not the Pargu one from what I can see
Pluginz
02-04-2016, 09:04 AM
I got it from a bloke on ebay called 'pmg828'
http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/pmg828
This was last June though
:)
HKS_TRD
02-04-2016, 10:54 AM
That is pargu, yours is different to the three I got from him which have grub screws to lock onto the suspension shaft
Peakey
02-04-2016, 12:05 PM
That is pargu, yours is different to the three I got from him which have grub screws to lock onto the suspension shaft
Ask him to make you one without the screw in, I was trying to get him to make me some wheel adapters but he's too busy but just deleting a screw hole should be simple.
HKS_TRD
02-04-2016, 12:29 PM
The problem seems to be the language barrier.
I tried multiple times to explain his rear pivot blocks for a Lazer place the suspension shafts closer together than they should be and all he did was send me another set, nice gesture but didn't fix the problem. There's a couple things he could make for a Mid and Lazer that I'm sure would be popular like knuckle arms, bulkheads and finned motor plates. I'd love an alloy version of the mid motor brace ot-110
Have to say his anodising is always excellent
Sorry for going off topic
Naushad
03-04-2016, 01:30 AM
The foam addition to the mount is really important, particularly if you decide to run the car. It prevents debris and dirt entering the tranmission which can screw up your belts/pulley gears
OptimaFan
03-04-2016, 07:07 AM
Looks nice, how much would a stamp cost to the Netherlands?
Pluginz
03-04-2016, 07:15 AM
Hello OptimaFan,
I'll find out on Monday and let you know. :)
Pluginz
03-04-2016, 07:56 AM
Just found out a price on Royal Mail.
They say £1.05 but i'll confirm that tommorow. Happy days :)
Pluginz
03-04-2016, 03:09 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/Pluginz/e365ab52-0603-4094-a49f-0c3393abf6ec_zpsvit2abyx.jpg (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/Pluginz/media/e365ab52-0603-4094-a49f-0c3393abf6ec_zpsvit2abyx.jpg.html)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/Pluginz/ead34dd0-d464-410e-a4ee-fc0fe43f6af6_zpsgzz5faye.jpg (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/Pluginz/media/ead34dd0-d464-410e-a4ee-fc0fe43f6af6_zpsgzz5faye.jpg.html)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/Pluginz/9ff5d418-cb88-4b78-82a9-4cca96d77b0a_zpsib0b8qg3.jpg (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/Pluginz/media/9ff5d418-cb88-4b78-82a9-4cca96d77b0a_zpsib0b8qg3.jpg.html)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/Pluginz/04cabf3e-c37c-4711-bb05-16ef48d8308b_zpsqc9hnvr7.jpg (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/Pluginz/media/04cabf3e-c37c-4711-bb05-16ef48d8308b_zpsqc9hnvr7.jpg.html)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/Pluginz/2938447e-6766-45e4-87f4-e0b6a3c0a12a_zpsax93ijkw.jpg (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/Pluginz/media/2938447e-6766-45e4-87f4-e0b6a3c0a12a_zpsax93ijkw.jpg.html)
Pluginz
03-04-2016, 03:18 PM
Brightened piccys up abit
:-)
OptimaFan
05-04-2016, 09:46 AM
Simple but effective. Any ideas for a replacement for the rare rubber cover, at the rear or the upper belt cover?
Pluginz
05-04-2016, 05:46 PM
Hey bud,
If you still want the sponge, send me your address. We'll work the postage out after, no probs to me. I think its only going to be about £1.05 anyways so i'm easy. :)
I'd completely forgotten about the rubber cover at the back, thank you. That'll be really useful as i'm racing my Mid again after 24 years. :)
We have some Grundfos water pumps at my workplace that require massive clamps that have a rubber sleeve inside them. Its not far off the same shape and could work.
I'll do some digging tomorrow.
Pluginz
06-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Rubber sleeve made from a clamp gasket.
I had to slice it in half, cut 5mm off it, then glue it back together.
It's only a quick trial fit for now and needs some trimming to fit a little nicer, but it works really well. That'll stop the shit getting in around the track lol
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/Pluginz/DSC_0217_zpsjhjejy3i.jpg (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/Pluginz/media/DSC_0217_zpsjhjejy3i.jpg.html)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/Pluginz/DSC_0213_zpssipjyfnm.jpg (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/Pluginz/media/DSC_0213_zpssipjyfnm.jpg.html)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/Pluginz/DSC_0212_zpshlv6bpf6.jpg (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/Pluginz/media/DSC_0212_zpshlv6bpf6.jpg.html)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/Pluginz/DSC_0214_zpsxsblsw2t.jpg (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/Pluginz/media/DSC_0214_zpsxsblsw2t.jpg.html)
I'll take some better pics of gasket in day light tomoz
Pluginz
06-04-2016, 06:57 PM
Double post
OptimaFan
09-04-2016, 10:14 AM
Looks nice, could there be a gasket that doesn't require cutting and gluing back together? That would be totally amazing.
Pluginz
09-04-2016, 02:18 PM
I'll keep digging around at work for other suitable stuff :-)
Pluginz
10-04-2016, 12:35 AM
where did you get the alloy mount from, thats not the Pargu one from what I can see
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/kyosho-vintage-turbo-optima-mid-alloy-rear-arm-mount-/231589283185?hash=item35ebcc0571:g:8DQAAOSw0vBUmOa 2
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.