PDA

View Full Version : Aluminium For B44


enfieldbanana
11-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Hey there again people,

Just another thought that I would like to pick your brains with.

Has anybody fitted the following parts onto their B44's?

AS9710 Aluminium Centre Bulkhead
AS9784 Aluminium Rear Tower Mount

Are they worth it? What would be the advantages of fitting them? Are they just a bit of bling for the B44? I've noted that the Tamiya 501x runs a aluminium rear tower mount.

What do people think?

Cheers ladies and gentlemen

Hyper-1983
12-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Have them on mine. Thinks its more for looks other than anything else. Im vain like that so the prettier it looks the better. Hehe.

Mike Hudson
12-01-2009, 03:55 PM
I've always run myn as stock without any additional alloy parts, never broken or had any problems with the parts you suggest putting on, still got origional plastic ones on that are over a year old and still perfect with no marks on them :woot: Just expensive bling really and adds a little bit more weight to your car.

B44&501xRacerEX
15-01-2009, 04:36 AM
Have them on mine. Thinks its more for looks other than anything else. Im vain like that so the prettier it looks the better. Hehe.

Exactly, I think the car would be weighed down more and be slower on the track. I know people that run aluminum A-arms and stuff, I just dont see the point.:yawn:

Mike Hudson
15-01-2009, 07:49 AM
:lol: yeah adds about 10 more grams running those few alloy bits, seen some of the alloy on craggs new B44 and he looks alot slower with it on :woot::woot::woot:

Exactly, I think the car would be weighed down more and be slower on the track. I know people that run aluminum A-arms and stuff, I just dont see the point.:yawn:

ryan
15-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Bmag is back!! :woot:

Lee Martin
15-01-2009, 04:29 PM
i run the blue bling!¬

ben
15-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Purple bling's where it's at pidge ;)

Mike Hudson
15-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Purples for woman drivers :p

Gayo
15-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Bmag is back!! :woot:
:woot::thumbsup: