PDA

View Full Version : can't get 20t/80t pinion/spur to mesh on evo?


Monkeysmate
17-04-2016, 02:38 PM
I'm (finally) converting one of our TC02C to an Evo, and am finding that I can't get the motor sufficiently close to the spur to get a 20t pinion to mesh with the stock 80t spur.
Any thoughts?
Do i have to extend the slots on the motor mounting plate?
Thank you
Tim

discostu
17-04-2016, 02:58 PM
I'm (finally) converting one of our TC02C to an Evo, and am finding that I can't get the motor sufficiently close to the spur to get a 20t pinion to mesh with the stock 80t spur.
Any thoughts?
Do i have to extend the slots on the motor mounting plate?
Thank you
Tim


Use a bigger pinon

adey
17-04-2016, 03:01 PM
What turn motor are u using ?

Monkeysmate
17-04-2016, 03:01 PM
thanks for the reply.
I'd thought about that, but didn't really want to make the car any quicker just yet!
It may well be the solution though...

Monkeysmate
17-04-2016, 03:02 PM
9.5t

mattybucks
17-04-2016, 03:05 PM
I'd put a 28 an 9.5

adey
17-04-2016, 03:08 PM
I raced with a 10.5 in mine and used a 26t pinion. A 20t is far too small for a 9.5.

discostu
17-04-2016, 03:33 PM
I'm (finally) converting one of our TC02C to an Evo, and am finding that I can't get the motor sufficiently close to the spur to get a 20t pinion to mesh with the stock 80t spur.
Any thoughts?
Do i have to extend the slots on the motor mounting plate?
Thank you
Tim


Use a bigger pinon

Monkeysmate
17-04-2016, 03:56 PM
Thanks chaps. I've got a 24t to fit. It's being piloted by a 7 year old, so he really doesn't need to be going any quicker!

mattr
18-04-2016, 11:04 AM
Put the "right" size pinion on and turn the end points down.......