oldschooldriver
27-04-2016, 10:05 PM
Hi everyone, I've been away from RC for over 20 years - can you help me out? This is a great community here.
I got myself a 2nd hand b5m lite and my 5yr old son a CentroC4.2.
I'm still a bit rusty and need to get some practice in which I know is what will bring my laptimes down. But Im interested in the future of both cars, as I want a clear upgrade path and don't want to spend lots on a car that has no future.
I'm also interested in the future with the development of the lowrider gearbox. I noticed that associated have leaked some shots of their prototype gearbox for the B5m. Team Associated B5M 3 gear laydown: the stealth is back!
http://www.neobuggy.net/2016/04/26/team-associated-b5m-%E2%80%AA3-gear-laydown%E2%80%AC-the-%E2%80%AAstealth%E2%80%AC-is-back/
It looks like they have developed the red-workshop gearbox. Can anyone tell me how it is different from the red-workshop gearbox? I know it's difficult from these shots. Also I know with the RedWorkshop laydown requires the standard B5m chassis (not lite). Does this look like Associated's new gearbox won't need a new chassis? Are there any other differences you can spot?
Also, what is your opinion on the CentroC4.2? I'm wondering when he improves a bit if it is worth switching him to a B5m too, so we can run the same spares and it will help make it easier to setup both.
I got myself a 2nd hand b5m lite and my 5yr old son a CentroC4.2.
I'm still a bit rusty and need to get some practice in which I know is what will bring my laptimes down. But Im interested in the future of both cars, as I want a clear upgrade path and don't want to spend lots on a car that has no future.
I'm also interested in the future with the development of the lowrider gearbox. I noticed that associated have leaked some shots of their prototype gearbox for the B5m. Team Associated B5M 3 gear laydown: the stealth is back!
http://www.neobuggy.net/2016/04/26/team-associated-b5m-%E2%80%AA3-gear-laydown%E2%80%AC-the-%E2%80%AAstealth%E2%80%AC-is-back/
It looks like they have developed the red-workshop gearbox. Can anyone tell me how it is different from the red-workshop gearbox? I know it's difficult from these shots. Also I know with the RedWorkshop laydown requires the standard B5m chassis (not lite). Does this look like Associated's new gearbox won't need a new chassis? Are there any other differences you can spot?
Also, what is your opinion on the CentroC4.2? I'm wondering when he improves a bit if it is worth switching him to a B5m too, so we can run the same spares and it will help make it easier to setup both.