PDA

View Full Version : Which team c car


big red bus
09-05-2016, 08:54 AM
Just after peoples opinions as to what it the better car to use outdoors on astro /concrete. I ve only.ever run indoors on carpet so havent really much of idea. I have choice of tm2 v1 or v2. Tc02c evo or tc02c. Which car is goin to be easiest to be setup ? Thanks

lee.willows
09-05-2016, 10:11 AM
As I have never run one of these, but have watched quite a few people use them. The best way to make a decision is to talk to any of the local racers that use one them.

But other wise a TC02 c evo would be good as they are I think jack of all trades. The TM cars are usually better on high grip surfaces, but can struggle as the grip goes away.

But I am sure one of the team drivers or other lads that use them will steer you right.

Chris Larner
09-05-2016, 11:12 AM
TC02 C Evo is the best all round car. If it is fitted with a ball diff it works very well on low grip and a gear diff is good for high grip.

Clive Loynes
09-05-2016, 11:14 AM
A question like that is going to provoke a lot of opinion. :D

But currently the fast blokes tend to use the TM2 v2 when it's dry and the TC02C Evo when it's wet.

There is a lot of development going on for the Evo and this may not always be the case.

All of the Team-C 2wd cars have the same front end.

Ashlandchris
09-05-2016, 12:15 PM
I guess it also depends on your expectations...
My understanding is the TC02C Evo is the best all rounder. My old TC02C was great in all conditions, but I tend not to be challenging at the sharp end.
When racing indoors on carpet (Mansfield) I could see that TM2 cars were like glue, but not so good on slippery.
If you are having a tilt at world champs next year then maybe TM2 for really high grip and evo for low to medium (and technically, RM for low grip), but if you just want one car that behaves everywhere then go for TC02C Evo.

Having said that, I don't run Team C anymore, but only because they aren't widely used at my normal club (Batley), so I went for what I can get set up help with...

big red bus
09-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Well im no where near the sharp end so if i put a ball diff in the evo thats goin to be the best allrounder. Oh should have mentioned evo has hbi dino gearbox. Didnt really want to get it dirty but guess it can come apart for a good clean and polish :-)

Clive Loynes
09-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Oh should have mentioned evo has hbi dino gearbox. Didnt really want to get it dirty but guess it can come apart for a good clean and polish :-)


LOL

Good man. Is that Dino#1?

big red bus
09-05-2016, 04:42 PM
Dino 2. Shame to get the thing dirty cause its just soo nice. Oh well guess that what we buy them for to use

Clive Loynes
09-05-2016, 04:57 PM
Dino 2. Shame to get the thing dirty cause its just soo nice. Oh well guess that what we buy them for to use


Ah! Dan. :D

fivepointnine
09-05-2016, 05:00 PM
TCO2C Evo with the laydown transmission (either AZ or the work of art that HBI puts out) is starting to become the go to buggy for a lot of the team guys for outdoor, as it is easier to adapt to variable conditions than the TM2V2 is (although that thing is great for indoor carpet). I am a bit more of a 4wd guy (shameless plug for the TM4, its awesome) but I will be running a TCO2C EVO with laydown for this summer with a TM2V2 as a backup.

cornishboy176
09-05-2016, 05:56 PM
I have just changed over to the TC02C with the AZ Conversion from a KF2 and it is awesome on all surfaces, haven't got that thought in my head that it is going to tip over at the sight of a fast corner :thumbsup::thumbsup::lol::lol:

Also I have just got my TM4 up and running and I can't wait to use it!

brooksy
09-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Tm2v1 for high grip,evo with ball diff as an all rounder. I've just gone over to Xray but I'm not getting rid of my tm2v1,love that car and I'll never sell it.

fivepointnine
09-05-2016, 11:29 PM
I have just changed over to the TC02C with the AZ Conversion from a KF2 and it is awesome on all surfaces, haven't got that thought in my head that it is going to tip over at the sight of a fast corner :thumbsup::thumbsup::lol::lol:

Also I have just got my TM4 up and running and I can't wait to use it!

You have the full AZ conversion don't you? I am waiting to get back in town to get mine finished up.

cornishboy176
10-05-2016, 07:07 AM
You have the full AZ conversion don't you? I am waiting to get back in town to get mine finished up.

Yes I have, really pleased with it :thumbsup:

Clive Loynes
10-05-2016, 09:32 AM
I intend that there should soon be an aluminium chassis option for the Dino for out-and-out high grip surfaces. However, I will also continue with measures to stiffen the plastic chassis as I have always wanted the chassis flex to be "tunable" to track conditions.

big red bus
10-05-2016, 10:08 AM
Keep us updated with developments of the chassis amd availablility. Would be happy to add that to mine for indoors. Thanks Dan

Mowen208fly
10-05-2016, 10:35 AM
Im also using the Az chassis conversion on my evo and very happy with it so far! and the great thing with the car is I only need one car as when it gets slippery I can take out the laydown gearbox and bolt in the standard 4 gear one :)

Monkeysmate
15-05-2016, 08:35 PM
So how close to a TM2 do the new laydown gearboxes get an EVO?

big red bus
15-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Cant really help with comparision to v2 but ran first time on astro with evo with hbi gearbox and all i can say is car was awesome. Fitted ball diff and changed to big bore shocks and car felt planted and just got quicker and quicker every heat . Left very happy wih results and going to take tm2 to test with next time.
I do run the evo and tm2v1 inside on carpet high grip, and lap times with either car are pretty much bang on the same every week.

Clive Loynes
16-05-2016, 08:07 AM
So how close to a TM2 do the new laydown gearboxes get an EVO?


Depends on how stiff you can make the chassis.

AZ already do an aluminium chassis and I am close to providing something similar for the Dino.

I have stiffened the plastic chassis with a carbon plate and I think that it gives excellent performance. But my thumbs are not up to showing its true potential. Most of the flex that I see on my chassis at present seems to be at the front end where it couples to the common front end.

And the Evo does not have any awful bevel gears in it!!!!!

Clive Loynes
01-06-2016, 09:37 AM
Good progress has been made with the Dino Chassis and RF Hanger It makes use of the TM2 side rails and front blocks and is expected to be in the order of £50 for the chassis, subject to being able to secure future stocks of the 7075T6 material. The RF Hanger will be around £15.

Richard Lowe
01-06-2016, 10:14 AM
Shiny :woot:

Clive Loynes
01-06-2016, 10:37 AM
Shiny :woot:

LOL And slightly orange in places!

jpmatrix
01-06-2016, 08:09 PM
Good progress has been made with the Dino Chassis and RF Hanger It makes use of the TM2 side rails and front blocks and is expected to be in the order of £50 for the chassis, subject to being able to secure future stocks of the 7075T6 material. The RF Hanger will be around £15.

That rear gearbox is a piece of art.
I'm not familiar with this. What is a dino chassis?
I assume this is an upgrade for the tc02c evo?

James

Clive Loynes
01-06-2016, 08:49 PM
That rear gearbox is a piece of art.
I'm not familiar with this. What is a dino chassis?
I assume this is an upgrade for the tc02c evo?

James

Hi James,

Dino is the aluminium laydown gearbox for the TC02C-Evo, which I make under the name of Hesketh Bank Innovations.

I named it the Dino because, when I was first drawing it, it looked like Fred Flintstone's dog. ;-)

You can see more about it on the HBI Facebook page.

In addition to the low CofG, it also provides stiffness, is a great heat sink, and enables a diff to be swapped in under ten minutes.

It also incorporates the rear brace, which saves about £50.

And it's shiny!!

The Dino Chassis is just the aluminium chassis to take the Dino and marry it to the front end construction of the TM2.

The chassis allows for the shorty battery to fit straight down the middle or to be positioned up to 13mm further forward than the standard Evo.

Clive Loynes
01-06-2016, 08:50 PM
That rear gearbox is a piece of art.
I'm not familiar with this. What is a dino chassis?
I assume this is an upgrade for the tc02c evo?

James

Hi James,

Dino is the aluminium laydown gearbox for the TC02C-Evo, which I make under the name of Hesketh Bank Innovations.

I named it the Dino because, when I was first drawing it, it looked like Fred Flintstone's dog. ;-)

You can see more about it on the HBI Facebook page. (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hesketh-Bank-Innovations/768872353145927 )


In addition to the low CofG, it also provides stiffness, is a great heat sink, and enables a diff to be swapped in under ten minutes.

It also incorporates the rear brace, which saves about £50.

And it's shiny!!

The Dino Chassis is just the aluminium chassis to take the Dino and marry it to the front end construction of the TM2.

The chassis allows for the shorty battery to fit straight down the middle or to be positioned up to 13mm further forward than the standard Evo.

Clive Loynes
01-06-2016, 08:54 PM
When I try to edit the post above it creates a new one!!!:confused:

Ashlandchris
01-06-2016, 09:58 PM
I named it the Dino because, when I was first drawing it, it looked like Fred Flintstone's dog. ;-)


brilliant :thumbsup:

Clive Loynes
10-06-2016, 08:34 AM
Chris Larner is keen to hit the track with the new chassis upgrade for Dino#1.
Dino#1 is also fitted with the Avid multi-plate slipper.

Ashlandchris
10-06-2016, 09:30 AM
Good luck. I hope Dino#1 "soars"