View Full Version : A bit special
http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/21965/Lancia_Delta_Grp_A_Abarth_Integrale_rally_car.html
This just gives me the horn, and it won a round of the WRC :drool:
I would like this one too just as a "shelf queen" though
http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/21780/1997_Subaru_Impreza_WRC_Ex_McRAEBurns.html
Mike Hudson
16-01-2009, 01:03 AM
wow they done a great job of the restoration on it! Lovely machine :wub
stegger
16-01-2009, 08:32 AM
http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/21965/Lancia_Delta_Grp_A_Abarth_Integrale_rally_car.html
This just gives me the horn, and it won a round of the WRC :drool:
I've just come:blush: this is my favorite older car of all time lee. When me and the mrs were going through a bad patch a few years ago i was seriously looking at getting one:drool::drool::drool: and getting the martini livery on it.
Southwell
16-01-2009, 08:36 AM
I would like this one too just as a "shelf queen" though
http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/21780/1997_Subaru_Impreza_WRC_Ex_McRAEBurns.html
Damn man, both MCRae and Burns drove that car, must be worth a fortune. :drool:
Nick Goodall
16-01-2009, 10:06 AM
That Integrale has been on Pistonheads for months now - i always find myself looking at it haha
There's a nice Martini replica HF 16v Turbo on pistonheads at the moment for around £8k - that looks pretty good as a cheap alternative for someone!
This Repsol WRC version is at goodwood most years though, still gets me everytime! That parked up to the Delta S4 would be most welcome in any garage of mine :lol:
I knew you would like that one stegger, I think that the Lancia is a nicer car but I think I would have to go for the Subaru out of the 2 just because that single car is iconic to WRC
peetbee
16-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Both lovely cars, but I've always lusted after the humble Metro!
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/news/news389.html
:drool::drool:
Answer-RC-Pete
16-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Droooooooooll.........
I would give my member for the Delta but realistically I would be happy with any of the motors on there....
http://www.racedandrallied.com/detail.php?show_still=1&siteid=137
Try this one:drool:
Kecky
16-01-2009, 10:59 AM
I've always thought, if i won the lottery, i'd go for an ex wrc scooby :drool:
Prodrive usually knock out last years cars for about £200k +, but i imagine that this one will be more, just because of the people who drove it and now that they are both gone.
If only i had the cash, it would look great in the kitchen where the ex nicked the table from :lol:
Kecky
16-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Prodrive usually knock out last years cars for about £200k +, but i imagine that this one will be more, just because of the people who drove it and now that they are both gone.
If only i had the cash, it would look great in the kitchen where the ex nicked the table from :lol:
I'd park it in the dining room :D
It would look great next to the 1/18th scale replicas in the cabinet :lol:
footey
16-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Lee speak to SIR JIM DIXON about x prodrive cars and he told me they keep a key which allows u to run the car full chat :o so actully u would only be able to drive the scooby in crawler gear to allow u to shuffle it around the garage :mad: not good also they will only sell u 1 if u hire 1 of there mechanics when u gonna use it which also costs u a fortune
Didnt know about that Shane, i just know a fella who bought one a few years ago.
The thing is though, if you have just paid 250 k for a car, then you would want someone who knows the ins and outs to be there.
I would anyway
Its like an expensive aero :lol:
jimmy
16-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Surely you can have a car rally prepped from new for less? These vintage warriors are more of a collectors item you'd be afraid to drive. Nice tho. :lol:
Southwell
16-01-2009, 12:32 PM
I think a prepped WRC car is in that ballpark. With it being driven by a champion or won rallies it is worth more than a new one sometimes :lol:
mark christopher
16-01-2009, 01:24 PM
both prodrive and mwilson motor sport have cars for sale.
recent nec show i meet an old mate who now works for prodrive!!
http://www.prodrive.com/up/Car%20sales%20overview%2012%2008.pdf
http://www.m-sport.co.uk/carsforsale.html
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.