View Full Version : b4 spares
tonydevon
20-06-2016, 07:18 AM
I been looking for a budget buggy to start racing with, someone offered me a RC10B4
can you still get spares, ie wishbones etc for this, as a newbie there will be breakages, last thing I want to do is buy something that I cant get spares for
thanks
stuey
20-06-2016, 07:58 AM
I'm pretty sure you can still get parts ok for it, if you go on some of the popular model shop sites advertised on here you can check.
Spares for the B4 are still widely available.
If you can find them get a pair of RPM front arms, they are alot tougher than the originals and are virtually unbreakable. You will also need the RPM front bumper if you get the arms.
Great buggy, still got mine from 2003. Only 2 more years and it can race in vintage.
You will need to put a bit of weight in the front to get it to turn and the B4.1 rear tower if you want to use lipos (or dremel out a little from the underside of the B4 tower).
Wig
tonydevon
20-06-2016, 08:34 AM
ok thanks for info guys, I am new to cars, locally theres a new indoor race track and winter series later this year, carpet with couple of small jumps, I dont want the latest buggy as I probably be just as slow with a tamiya hornet as I would be with an Xray LOL
the B4 is local and cheapish. I got full size lipo from my RC bikes so want to try and stick with them
The main thing to be aware of is that the B4 has imperial screws.
So you will need a full set of imperial drivers, if you dont have these and have to buy a set it may be worth looking for something a little newer that uses metric.
tonydevon
20-06-2016, 09:46 AM
oh, now thats something I never knew, thanks, thats interesting
currently browsing the bay of evil LOL, good ol ebay and its many many items good and bad
maybe I be better off trying to find something a bit newer then as all my tools and indeed a big selection of fastners etc are metric
perhaps wait and find a cheap xray or B5
thats why I love this great forum, huge font of knowledge
You cant go wrong with a B5M as a first car. Easy to drive, very durable, spares a plenty and cheap.
There should be a load for sale soon as the B6 will be out the beginning of next month.
I will be selling one myself.
toooldskool
20-06-2016, 11:25 AM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/405119702988285/permalink/598990540267866/?sale_post_id=598990540267866
tonydevon
20-06-2016, 11:29 AM
ok thanks, good advice appreciated, will hold out for a b5 then
I wanted either schumacher or AE purely as thats what I had many many years ago, AE seem to have the edge on reputation for strength
Malyxyx
20-06-2016, 10:11 PM
Yeah I agree in 100% you can't go wrong with AE, specially with b5m, it's almost bulletproof compere to Schumacher. Don't understand me wrong schumacher is great to but definitely not that strong as AE.
What kind of surface your local indoor club has?.
tonydevon
22-06-2016, 09:12 AM
carpet indoor, but will also try to run at local astroturf outside track in summer
I know theres cars for certain surfaces and grip levels, but believe me, it wont make a single jot of difference to my race results LOL
I just want something thats fairly strong, I can get spares for, I can just charge the battery and drive round, if Im last then Im last, so long as I enjoy it
Malyxyx
22-06-2016, 07:53 PM
Hey Tony
Here you go, on Astro b5m is perfect choice, plenty of cheap spears everywhere and bulletproof chassis. Check this one:
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180991
I can do some deal for you:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.