PDA

View Full Version : b4 newbie Q


tonydevon
04-07-2016, 03:23 PM
Hi, I bought a B4 really cheap, only £35 and its in nice condition,

I also bought a job lot of spares from a member on here, well happy, should be crashproof for at least 1 meeting LOL

anyway

wheels are pin fitment on rear and simple stub axle front, is it worth changing to hex ones?

also in the spares is a spare chassis, didnt think much of it until I put it next to the buggy and realised its longer??

wht why when where would this be of use??

or is it from a different version, truggy or somehting

MiCk B.
04-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Hi,

There was a plus 8mm chassis released near the end of the b4 series of vehicles.

Or if its really, really longer, it could be the truck chassis.

MiCk B. :-)

Wig
04-07-2016, 03:40 PM
If you have wheels already I wouldnt bother getting hexes. However if you dont it may be worth considering as 12mm hexes are pretty standard on all cars and will transfer to you next car if /when you upgrade.

The longer chassis is from a B4.2 which is 8mm longer, I've never used one so dont know the benefits. Probably not alot apart from longer wheelbase.

tonydevon
04-07-2016, 04:29 PM
ok thanks guys, just measured and it is 8mm difference according to my ruler

I wouldnt have a clue or be able to tell the difference on track, but the longer one is blacker and bit tidier, so lets use that one LOL

markwilliamson2001
04-07-2016, 09:05 PM
Hi Tony.
Glad you like the spares :-)
That chassis is from a B4.2, so did come with the +8mm longer chassis. Note that you will need a longer body shell to go with this (Proline made the bulldog +8mm) which you can probably still get.
Should make the car more stable on high grip. I only wanted the Big Bore shocks of that kit when I bought it 2nd hand, so got a good deal out of it.

Enjoy!
Cheers
Mark