View Full Version : B6 build - gearbox - high point?
brizzlemark
10-07-2016, 08:27 PM
Just screwed the gearbox to the chassis and realised that the gearbox has a really stiff/high point at about every complete revolution of the out-drives. Anyone know where I should start looking, I will be taking it apart but if anyone has any insights let me know and I will start there - thanks!
brizzlemark
11-07-2016, 07:20 PM
Found it - two of the eight screws that hold the gearbox to the chassis were too long, went through the gearbox case and smacked into the gear diff. A chat with CML tomorrow I think.
Just screwed the gearbox to the chassis and realised that the gearbox has a really stiff/high point at about every complete revolution of the out-drives. Anyone know where I should start looking, I will be taking it apart but if anyone has any insights let me know and I will start there - thanks!
discostu
11-07-2016, 07:55 PM
That's a build error not a manual error or design error
Not sure what Cml will do about that
brizzlemark
11-07-2016, 08:14 PM
Last 8 screws in the bag of the right type, no other screws of that type used in diff - last 8 things in the step in the manual. Unless I was meant to open another bag?
That's a build error not a manual error or design error
Not sure what Cml will do about that
discostu
11-07-2016, 10:13 PM
Not sure then mine were all present and correct
Roscopeco
11-07-2016, 10:26 PM
Seems odd , mine went together fine
Some screws in some kits were the wrong length. I had this exact issue and reported it to cml who were very helpful. They already knew of the problem. Some of my chassis side rail screws were wrong too.
brizzlemark
12-07-2016, 05:36 AM
Good to hear I wasn't the only one, annoying really as I religiously checked every other one, just these last ones all looked the same and were last from the bag. Will make sure I check the rest and see what CML do. Apart from that quite impressed with the quality of the kit.
Some screws in some kits were the wrong length. I had this exact issue and reported it to cml who were very helpful. They already knew of the problem. Some of my chassis side rail screws were wrong too.
brizzlemark
13-07-2016, 05:08 PM
CML have sorted this for me - good work CML.
Good to hear I wasn't the only one, annoying really as I religiously checked every other one, just these last ones all looked the same and were last from the bag. Will make sure I check the rest and see what CML do. Apart from that quite impressed with the quality of the kit.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.