PDA

View Full Version : Which springs and stand offs do i need?


londonladliam
10-07-2016, 09:39 PM
Help really,

Just bought a set of these Associated B5M/B44 Big Bore shocks

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp36/londonladliam/Mobile%20Uploads/20160710_212708.jpg (http://s395.photobucket.com/user/londonladliam/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160710_212708.jpg.html )

Need some springs and standoffs....
presumably i would need

These springs:

BoiNg (http://www.jemodels.com/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=B4P-91332)

And

These stand offs:

Boring stand off (http://www.jemodels.com/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=ASSOC-AS91445)

or these if i wanted somthing fancy:

Fancy Blue stand offs (http://www.jemodels.com/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=ASSOC-AS91533)

i belive i would also need some extra bushed if i opted for the fancy ones.

I do sumpose some of these bits and bobs come up in the trade room?

Many thanks for help

Liam

andrewc
11-07-2016, 03:05 AM
Associated big bore springs (12mm) will be fine; available in packs of three different rates if you'd like a choice on set up. If you're on Astro/Carpet I'd probably go for stiffer set. Grass etc somewhere medium.

For standoffs I like Avid; about £5 per pair last time I looked, but not sure on B44 sets or sizes. Worth getting decent ones with a wide base; I bent a fair few shock mount bolts when I had a B44 and wider standoffs help prevent it.

Hope that helps!

londonladliam
16-07-2016, 09:52 AM
sorry chaps maybe being special dense....am i missing somthing or not doing somthing correct?

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp36/londonladliam/Mobile%20Uploads/20160716_104750.jpg (http://s395.photobucket.com/user/londonladliam/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160716_104750.jpg.html)


got the stand offs gone to put them in they just seem awfully tight to press in?is this the case?

whats the best way to get them in?

richm
16-07-2016, 11:08 AM
that looks like you have the older style shock tops, which have a slightly smaller diameter.
if you can find the parts for the b44.2, it will work, otherwise you'll need to replace the shock tops.

londonladliam
16-07-2016, 11:33 AM
perfect!thanks,next question....after a quick google appear to be ahoet and long what would be needed for the big bore?