PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with B44 saying hello.


Squares
20-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thought I would say hello. I have just purchased a B44 2nd hand from a forum member and I am currently getting gathering bits to get it up and running.

I used to race about 10 years ago, but I am just going to be playing with this car, to start with at least.;)

It came with a couple of saddle packs, and a brushed motor. I got a cheap esc off here for it, only to find out the brushed motor is knackard, so today I made a rather rash purchase and ordered a Mamba Max 5700 setup for the states.:woot:

Does anybody know which gearing I might run with a 84t spur for this? To keep it nice and cool, as I am not racing properly, so it doesnt matter if its a little slow. Would a 19t pinion be too low?

I will post up some pics when I have got it all together.:drool: Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

Thanks.

CODMAN
22-01-2009, 07:02 PM
18T or 19T should be OK, depending on how hard you run it. Last year I was running a MM 6900 in mine geared 16T/84T and the temperatures were OK after 5 minute mains. Get yourself a temperature gun and check it regularly! Then you can re-gear accordingly.

Cheers!

CODMAN

Squares
22-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks CodMan, I have a 19t so will try that to start with, will also see if I can get a temp gun too.:)