View Full Version : suspension mount C and D insert explanation
tonydevon
06-10-2016, 12:39 PM
anyone offer a good link with info about the inserts, Im a little confused and would like to be able to sit and read/understand it properly
I have plastic D with what looks like a balljoint in it, but also have brass or alloy with inserts
seen the section in the manual with toe in /anti squat listings but little confused on the markings shown in the manual vs the markings on the inserts
maybe a website with pics :)
tonydevon
06-10-2016, 02:01 PM
ok so I have sat and had a word with myself :)
think I sussed the C mounting inserts, didnt help that I have B5m and B6 inserts DOH both marked differently
anyway
let just make up an example, with plastic D mount all rear mounts are central and the C mount is adjusted, figures in the manual for toe and squat
if for example I have it setup for 2 degree toe in, 1 degree squat, and then used a 0.5 degree rear insert in the same orientation, would that therefore give me 1.5 degree toe in?
danielc3009
06-10-2016, 10:24 PM
Is this on a b5m and when you say 0.5 degree rear insert do you mean in the hub?
I thought the c mount figure was per side, so 2 degrees mount/insert would give you 2 degrees on each wheel so 4 in total. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
So if you use 2 degrees inboard toe (c mount) and 0.5 degree outboard (hub insert) then you'll have 2.5 degrees per wheel or 5 total.
Also if you use the aluminium or brass d mount use the inserts with the arrows pointing in unless you use the +4mm c mount and when you use the rear hub inserts use the ones marked with m for mid motor or you be reducing the toe angle. With the c mount inserts the setting is for the top figure as some can be flipped to change the anti squat if that makes sense
andrewc
12-10-2016, 07:34 PM
For those who are interested Team Associated have published a chart for these now; includes toe, anti squat, roll centre, width etc.
It's here:
https://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/cars_and_trucks/RC10B6/B6_B6D_Pill-Chart.pdf
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.