PDA

View Full Version : Servo horn


Bishop IRL
18-10-2016, 08:56 PM
Hi guys.

Not sure if this has been covered before (probably has) but I'm looking for an aluminum servo horn for my B5m. As I understand it, the thing needs to be offset.

Cheers Kev

Ps. Preferably in blue 😆

danielc3009
19-10-2016, 06:32 AM
I wouldn't recommend using a aluminium servo horn. Since the b5 hasn't got a servo saver, you want a weak link in the steering system to prevent the servo getting damaged in a big accident

crtpromachine
19-10-2016, 07:31 AM
As there is no servo saver on the B5M by using a aliminum servo horn any big impact it will shock the servo and takes the gears out;This has happened to me in the past and a few other driver

Roscopeco
19-10-2016, 08:12 AM
I have the kit plastic one on mine for the above reason

discostu
19-10-2016, 01:01 PM
The b6 Alu horn is the same as the b5m

Scott R
19-10-2016, 07:25 PM
I have the kit plastic one on mine for the above reason
I wouldn't have a problem with the Kit plastic ones, if you could buy the correct one for your servo in say, a 4 pack instead of buying the one you need and 3 others you toss in teh trash