View Full Version : B6 ackerman
lloyd1
28-10-2016, 05:10 PM
Just need little help on what ackerman does to the car if you change the spacers on the steering rack e.g. None or 2mm , which is more Ackerman and less and what effect it has on the car thankyou
gav4wd
28-10-2016, 05:34 PM
no spacers makes initial steering calmer more spacers the opposite
i've found 1mm to be good for me.
also were you have front wheelbase will also change ackerman i found short wheelbase on front better for me.
hope this helps
lloyd1
28-10-2016, 07:24 PM
Thankyou
200sx
30-10-2016, 05:28 PM
1mm feels best to me as well.
tonydevon
31-10-2016, 08:46 AM
have to double check this,have I been thinking the wrong way round??
sure that less spacers give more ackermen,
I run no spacers on the rack, that get max ackerman as far as I understand it, indoor on carpet and outdoor on astro its how I like it.
charlesk
31-10-2016, 09:08 AM
have to double check this,have I been thinking the wrong way round??
sure that less spacers give more ackermen,
I run no spacers on the rack, that get max ackerman as far as I understand it, indoor on carpet and outdoor on astro its how I like it.
Less spacers, more ackerman so calmer steering.
tonydevon
31-10-2016, 11:25 AM
ah thats what was confusing me, I realised less gave more ackerman, but assumed it would make the steering more agressive as the inside wheel bites in.
thanks for clearing it up
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.