PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have this wierd problem?


captain-codpiece
31-01-2009, 09:02 PM
I cannot last one single 5 min heat without my eyes watering. Wierd, but it's driving me mad. Anyone else get this? I think it's cos I concentrate so hard that I forget to blink. :blush:

bert digler
31-01-2009, 09:06 PM
I cannot last one single 5 min heat without my eyes watering. Wierd, but it's driving me mad. Anyone else get this? I think it's cos I concentrate so hard that I forget to blink. :blush:

blink then:lol:

i4n
31-01-2009, 09:15 PM
I get that sometimes too, probably for not blinking either.

Must remember to blink when racing.

bert digler
31-01-2009, 09:18 PM
I get that sometimes too, probably for not blinking either.

Must remember to blink when racing.

i used to shake but i was probably pissed:lol:

budgio
31-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Sometimes i get a blinding migrain, it last happened at the MKgp last year.
You got to have good eyes in this game.
Just wondering if any of the top drivers wear corrective vision?

DCM
31-01-2009, 09:58 PM
I wear corrective vision....










But I ain't a top driver..... :woot:

stegger
31-01-2009, 10:10 PM
i used to shake but i was probably pissed:lol:

I get the shakes if i'm leading a race, whether a qualifier or a final :lol::lol:
I haven't had the shakes for a while :lol::lol::lol:

bert digler
31-01-2009, 10:18 PM
I get the shakes if i'm leading a race, whether a qualifier or a final :lol::lol:
I haven't had the shakes for a while :lol::lol::lol:

frank gallagher is feckin ace:lol:

Spencer Mulcahy
31-01-2009, 10:22 PM
I get this as well but I think I am just crying as I am so crap.:lol:

SHY
31-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Some solutions:
1) blink
2) wear ski goggles

And for gods sake don't put sunscreen on your face on a hot summer day... I've done a couple of 45 minute finals with sunscreen in my eyes... :lol:

ashleyb4
31-01-2009, 10:33 PM
I get the shakes when im winning a club meeting i dont even want to think what im lick when i make my first nat a final.

A

bodgit
31-01-2009, 10:38 PM
get some hyper melrose ( artifial tears ) from the chemist.sounds daft but they will keep your eyes moist so your real tears wont be trying to lubricate your eyes while you race without blinking

Cruise
31-01-2009, 11:03 PM
I once had the same problem till I figured that I was not breathing because of focusing on racing.

Cruise

captain-codpiece
31-01-2009, 11:24 PM
Good, I'm pleased now. I was beginning to think I was a freak. :lol: Either that or just very emotional about racing model cars.................:eh?:

Matt Alcock
31-01-2009, 11:28 PM
i noticed ollies jefferies wears glasses

Sometimes i get a blinding migrain, it last happened at the MKgp last year.
You got to have good eyes in this game.
Just wondering if any of the top drivers wear corrective vision?

Mike Hudson
01-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Some solutions:
1) blink
2) wear ski goggles

And for gods sake don't put sunscreen on your face on a hot summer day... I've done a couple of 45 minute finals with sunscreen in my eyes... :lol:

Suncream on your face is deadly when racing! :cry: ruined my day at york outdoor regional lastyear after i tq'd a round :drool: My eye went all blury for 5 hours :cry:

Carole_MH
01-02-2009, 05:15 PM
I race 1/10 TC indoors, wear contact lens and still suffer the watery eyes, the drops mentioned earlier are actually called 'hypro mellose' but a much cheaper and easier eyedrop is 'tears naturale' which replicate the eyes natural lubrication. If you race outdoors it could also be a touch of hayfever causing your eyes to water and the best for this is a drop called 'sodium chromoglycate' both of these are available from a pharmacist without prescription.

Carole

Welshy40
02-02-2009, 01:29 PM
I get the shakes if i'm leading a race, whether a qualifier or a final :lol::lol:
I haven't had the shakes for a while :lol::lol::lol:

Hehehe I remember when Craig Harris and Dave Belsten had to carry me off the rostrum after taking Tq due to having major shakes. I know the feeling.

Alfonzo
02-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Jeeez - Warning! Racing model cars can be dangerous for your health! :eh?::lol:

Chrislong
02-02-2009, 03:37 PM
I cannot last one single 5 min heat without my eyes watering. Wierd, but it's driving me mad. Anyone else get this? I think it's cos I concentrate so hard that I forget to blink. :blush:

All the time. Its light that makes me worse. On a hot sunny day with rostrum facing the sun, usually its eyes and nose. Heyfever tablets help, but don't prevent, and same with sunglasses + cap.

Then in a sporthall, un-natural light sets me off. After an hour continuous (i.e. 24hr meeting this weekend) my eyes are on storks, nose has run down my neck, and my left arm is locked at the elbow.

Wind in my eyes is also bad, I have a variety of sunglasses depending on the day it is - try to always wear them outdoors, so they range from clear to dark. :lol:

PaulRotheram
02-02-2009, 10:00 PM
I used to always have this problem when i raced, i found that a good pair of shades with a slight tint, or darker for when sunny for outside works best, and also to open my mouth slightly to breathe more and to try get it in my head to blink.

I remember my run after i put in an 11th in round at southport national was coming around the top 5 in round, my eyes were streaming with water then couldnt see anything for half a lap and ended up 11th.. if only, haha.

woOdy
02-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Clear rap around glasses like Oakley's or something like that. I suffer without them but not with them.

telboy
02-02-2009, 10:30 PM
I started with this problem last year...and still get it a bit.
I'm ok for about 3 and a half mins, then the tears start.

Turned out to be something called 'dry eye syndrome'. Quite common according to my optician. its when your eye lids don't produce enough natural tears due to the pores being blocked. So you eyes are being scratched by dry eyelids, so when your eye does eventually get the tears through, its like a water fall.
I now have some eye drops for racing, and have to clean the edges of the eyelids with a 3pt water 1pt baby shampoo every now and then. Also a 'hot compress' helps too. This is where you soak a flannel with hot water (as hot as you can bear without it burning) and press it against your eye for 10mins every day for a week. This softens the waxy content in your pores and helps the tears get through. :)

I think mine is down to the paint dust blocking the pores in mine, but not sure what everyone elses is.

MRD
03-02-2009, 01:38 PM
I wear contacts and if I dont blink for a while during a race my eyes dry up and vision goes to pot. It takes a load of blinking to get rid of the blurryness. Ive just started on some new top bannana lenses so I hope it helps.

bodgit
03-02-2009, 02:47 PM
If none of the above works get a good mate to kick you in the nackers always brings tears to my eyes and at no cost either

http://www.cgnetwork.de/forum/images/smilies/nutkick.gif