View Full Version : Day off
Southwell
02-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Well works closed and im off, anyone else? :D
I bet your among some of the few 'adults' who is glad the school is closed :woot:
Bugger all here in Cardiff, had a flurry last night though...
bigred5765
02-02-2009, 11:22 AM
we had 1-2" just enough for snow ball fight,
stegger
02-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Bit of STICKING snow in ellesmere port but roads are clear:thumbdown: I'm in work but our control centre is in woodhatch near london and they arn't in so i can't get any calls :p:p:thumbsup: so i may as well be off.
ashleyb4
02-02-2009, 11:36 AM
I get a day off on a monday anyway. got about 1/2 inch here in oz.
A
Southwell
02-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Theres about 3" here. Im hoping it snows again tonight so i get another day off :D
send some this way, Ian....
_sleigh_
02-02-2009, 11:43 AM
It's on the way Ash, it's proper coming down in Telford.
Got about 2 inches at the mo.
Oh joy, the last time this happened it took 3hrs to travel 4 miles. I bet most of the problems were women drivers (apologies, I've got issues with women drivers at the moment!)
Chrislong
02-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Im off work anyway, it was about 2-3 inches when i woke up a couple of hours ago and its been coming down hard since - but it doesn't look to have got any deeper for it yet
jordi15
02-02-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm in Dudley(work for council) and we've just sent the Refuse and Recycling lads home coz there is at least 3" on most of the footpaths ... it hasnt stopped snowing since 6.30 this morning!!:p
Chequered Flag Racing
02-02-2009, 11:48 AM
at home but I'm never at work :D
pics @ 11:45
MattADH
02-02-2009, 11:50 AM
I think we are bearing the brunt of it "down South".
It is like five or six inches deep! Attempted to go in after scraping off the snow but even the main roads are bad. No buses or trains into London either...
I put the car in the road cos last time I couldnt get out of the drive - slightly uphill and my wide tyres are rubbish.
Came across a couple of cars unable to get up hills or understeered off so abandoned and pulled back into the parking space I left!
The bus routes are still heavily snowed under when I wen out - even the one that supports the hospital is still covered in snow with just a single track right down the middle of the road!
The snow caught everyone by surpise though. :eh?:
I'm in Dudley(work for council) and we've just sent the Refuse and Recycling lads home coz there is at least 3" on most of the footpaths ... it hasnt stopped snowing since 6.30 this morning!!:p
I would of thought they would be more concerned with a lorry sliding off the road than a binman slipping on the path lol
ashleyb4
02-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Awsome last time i saw snow was the day of coventry regional driving there was so fun lol. I hope we get more if there is more my college bus wont run :)
A
MattADH
02-02-2009, 11:58 AM
pics
jimmy
02-02-2009, 12:01 PM
looking good! :)
Everyones in work here in sunny ossett but it's still snowing lightly - as long as I don't have to sleep at work it's fine :o
Southwell
02-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Heres some from my place.
Heres some from my place.
Haha, no way am i going to get my moped through that tommorow morning!!:lol:
ashleyb4
02-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Lusky sods just went outside and ours is starting to melt hardly anythign left.
HAHA as i started typing this its started again.
A
emtee
02-02-2009, 12:26 PM
We've got about 3-4" here in Dewsbury(west yorks...) and it is still coming down... we are pretty high up tho'! Called work this morning first thing... was told we were open today but if I could not get in that was ok... suffice to say I'm still at home!!! sadly, so are the kids...
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Southwell
02-02-2009, 12:42 PM
It's started flying down again :thumbsup:
Belsten
02-02-2009, 01:05 PM
started snowing heavy in bristol now, but im in work :thumbdown:
langers
02-02-2009, 01:10 PM
i have hills all arond my house so was enjoying a snow day after watching the cars sliding down the hill they were trying to get up praying for more
Welshy40
02-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Well we have had 10 inches of snow down here in Surrey.
My Audi TT struggled along the main road in Woking and even had problems going up a slight gradient even with 4wd so I decided to go home and not bother trying to go to work.
Still had a great snow ball fight here.
Gutted Dave, well I have never been snowed in when I was living down the road from you, so hope you dont get into difficulties.
Chequered Flag Racing
02-02-2009, 01:23 PM
taken about 1 hour back
windows a bit wet and I wasn't going to get the ladders out to dry it
bwwwAF8BGVU
Welshy40
02-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Here is a picture of me (the camera didnt break thsi time) and the snow.
Garry Driffill
02-02-2009, 01:33 PM
It's "Possible" we could be leaving early :D - BOO YA!
Huw333
02-02-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm supposed to start work in an hour but its 30miles away and i doubt i'll get home if i do go! Think i'll stay in and put my cars back together :D
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4550/snow5hy4.th.jpg (http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snow5hy4.jpg)http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5808/snow4cu6.th.jpg (http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snow4cu6.jpg)http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2155/snow3vr2.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snow3vr2.jpg)http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/713/snow2te1.th.jpg (http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snow2te1.jpg)http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/8053/snow1rh1.th.jpg (http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snow1rh1.jpg)
By the way, that big mound outside my back door is the logs for my fire! :mad:
Its just arrived in devon, not a great deal though :(
rcracer
02-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Cant believe this they interviewing the gaffer at the gritting depot in Hull on look north he was called John Skydmore :lol:
Garry Driffill
02-02-2009, 01:39 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Been told Hedon is rather bad :o
bigred5765
02-02-2009, 01:54 PM
just started snowing here again, it just cant come down hard enough for me,:)
brookie
02-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Kent/Surrey border, top of the North Downs not far from Matt!
Last measured at 8.5 inches and still falling here!
No roads, No buses, No trams, No trains = not in the office!
And we thought it was bad yesterday!
The only thing that's moving is 'Numpty's' Savage XL!
bodgit
02-02-2009, 02:33 PM
5268
5269starting coming down thick and fast here in wrexham at last
and its
laying
Chequered Flag Racing
02-02-2009, 02:58 PM
it's started again
blowing in almost horizontal from the east coast, I'm 8 miles from it, the coast that is.
captain-codpiece
02-02-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm off work in Loughborough, but we have a genious phone system which means all the calls come through to my mobile. Great. Plus now the post will be all screwed up so I can't send my servo back. Not happy. Built an ace snowman though. Gave it boobies.:D
ashleyb4
02-02-2009, 03:29 PM
snowing proper here in oz now about 1/2 inch has fallen in half na hour.
A
Darren Boyle
02-02-2009, 03:32 PM
I am glad Steve and Matt have posted how thick it is here down south, since it took me over 1 1/2 to get to the shop this morning and I only live 4 - 5 miles away.
It is falling heavy now again here
Smartalec
02-02-2009, 03:42 PM
About 6 inches here in sunny Buckingham and coming down heavy at the moment. I can't skive off cause I work from home .......... which means I can't get snowed in at work either !!!!!!
Good news is i'm off to Wycombe in an hour to race the monday night micro's ............... yippeeeeeee :p
General Accident
02-02-2009, 03:46 PM
It's "white-over" in Worksop - which is nice as it covers up all the dirt :lol:. They decided at 10:30 to shut the office at 12 and send everyone home, I felt kinda bad as by 11:45 most of the snow had melted and it didn't really start again until 2 ish. Coming quite heavy now though. May get an hour to start the "project 4 gear" X6 now seeing as I got home 6 hours early.
Southwell
02-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Well looks like im off tomo too :D It's a tough life.
Got bored so bought myself a nice new Dell laptop too :thumbsup:
cwilson
02-02-2009, 04:33 PM
i cant find my bike. theres just a snow drift where i left it:thumbsup::thumbsup: been driving my traxxas in the snow and it was fun
firetyre
02-02-2009, 04:56 PM
we got 6Inches wow a day off school 4 me yay ;]
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.