View Full Version : Redundancy!
Chrislong
04-02-2009, 05:29 PM
:thumbdown:
What a fucka of a day. Being made redundant.
:cry: Anybody any ideas? need work asap.
jimmy
04-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Sorry to hear that Chris - I've been made redundant 3 times in the past and it's always a shitter. :thumbdown:
blitzboy
04-02-2009, 05:32 PM
wow sorry to hear it mate
footey
04-02-2009, 05:33 PM
sorry to hear that chris but depends how long you have been there depends on the payment u get my dad just been made it and got 25 grand
Chrislong
04-02-2009, 05:35 PM
I joined the company at 16, in 1996. I have 4 months notice period.
To be honest, im glad to be out of the company, they're making bad decisions, have made loads in the past and are continuein to do so and they're not listening to management.
I just hope I can find something quickly :cry:
your best bet is to make an appointment with your local bennefits office, and see what advice they can give, but don't expect to find any 'good' jobs there, depending on your age, you may well be entitled to re-training courses too.
Otherwise, time to scour the papers etc
Chris Doughty
04-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Sorry to hear that Chris, what is your field of expertise?
Chrislong
04-02-2009, 05:45 PM
I do Import & Export and my qualifications are with Institute of Export - which covers Sales, Economics, Accountancy and Logistics. My title was Logistics & Despatch Manager.
ashleyb4
04-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Sorry to hear that chris hope you find something new soon :(
A
General Accident
04-02-2009, 05:52 PM
:thumbdown:, been there Chris and I echo everyone elses sentiments, hope you find something else soon.
DaveG28
04-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Sorry to hear it Chris, only advice I can give it to get registered anywhere you can, agencies/websites etc then look into anything you see come up!
Chrislong
04-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks guys.
Anybody know of ANY vacancies, give me a nod.
ashleyb4
04-02-2009, 05:57 PM
EDIT: No matter what i say i get some idiot telling me to piss off etc soill just leave these ones blanks.........
A
Chrislong
04-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Im not in the mood to laugh Ash, any serious suggestions?
Doomanic
04-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Ash, don't be a cnut all your life, take a day off. :thumbdown:
register with these online CV places, scour the times etc, at least being made redundant and not electing redundancy will allow you access to your mortgage protection....
Gaz_Stanton
04-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Ash, that couldn't be in any worse taste! :thumbdown:
Chris don't panic, 4 months is plenty of time to get sorted. There is work out there if you look for it.
I had all this crap last month as there were big changes to the aircraft I was working on (can't disclose any more) and the work now doesn't need doing. (i would've been on 2 wks notice as limited company now...)
Had to look at all options just in case and there is work out there. PM me if you want any links/agencies/contacts etc.
Ring around everywhere mate. Maybe you could ask ASDA or Tesco's for one of their managing positions??? They seem to be building a few new ones up everywhere in the country? Other than that put your CV on one of those online job searcher/finder websites......I know how it feels to get made redundant mate. I got made redundant about 3 months ago. Was lucky in the fact that i found a company that took me on and have been in work since (plumbing)....but now there's the possibility i might get made redundant again :thumbdown: Then again in 4 months time the work might pick up again and everything might be ok......
Southwell
04-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Unlucky dude, that really sucks.
Im registered with www.jobsite.co.uk and get daily emails, they seem to have a lot of vacancies on their site.
HTH
telboy
04-02-2009, 06:17 PM
I registered with Ozzle and I get jobs sent to me every month....I just don't have the qualifications for most of them.
Good luck dood. Sure you'll find something.
losixxx
04-02-2009, 06:18 PM
jobsite shite m8...all they do is scavenge add's from other site's they could be month's old and very often repeated daily.....trust me since i was made redundant in november....
best site is monster.co.uk........also best advise i can give is make sure you CV is the dog's.....my first 2 got some big :thumbdown: from certain recruitment agency's....
its very tough out there...i spent 7 hours going round the NEC spring fair on monday ...some 5000 businesses selling...i managed to get 15 to take my CV...some had notice's up saying NO CV's, most just said were laying people off rather than recruiting....
i even tried for a driving job with tesco's. was told politly NO as with my management experience they know i won't hang around if offered a better job and they'd rather have someone who will...they had plenty of choice..2 driving jobs 450 applicant's..
ashleyb4
04-02-2009, 06:34 PM
EDIT: No matter what i say i get some idiot telling me to piss off etc soill just leave these ones blanks.........
A
Kecky
04-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Sorry to hear that Chris, Good luck finding something else.
Thats what you get off a rude company such as tesco get to sainsburys :p
Good luck what ever happens Chris.
A
Ash, take Doms advice, shut up!!!
As an employer, I wouldn't employ someone, train them etc, knowing that as soon as a good offer came along, they would be off.... plenty of Ashley's out there to employ
ashleyb4
04-02-2009, 06:47 PM
EDIT: No matter what i say i get some idiot telling me to piss off etc so ill just leave these ones blanks.........
A
Doomanic
04-02-2009, 06:48 PM
i even tried for a driving job with tesco's. was told politly NO as with my management experience they know i won't hang around if offered a better job and they'd rather have someone who will...they had plenty of choice..2 driving jobs 450 applicant's..
I'm having similar problems. As a CNC programmer I can't even get operator jobs in case I eff off as soon as I get offered something else. :thumbdown:
I thought 8 years retail management experience might be useful to someone as well, but I'm not even getting thanks, but no thanks letters. :cry:
Oh, and Ash, stay the fuck out of this thread in future.
Kopite
04-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Whats the point if none of you can have a laugh when lifes a bitch. :thumbdown:
Every cloud has a silver lining. If some of you want to be mood sods fine.
A
Mate, you've gotta zip it now :mad:
Chris,
sorry to hear it dude,
Oilcareers.com is a good site as well as oilandgasjobsearch.com, i know you haven't worked in oil before but they do need guys for logistics. you never know.
Planet recruit ain't bad either. but i use the two above and jobsite mostly. i know people have said its crap and they have everything that is on other sites, but to me that is good.
DaveG28
04-02-2009, 07:06 PM
I found Monster best too, but also had my cv ripped apart by agencies who were scouring on there!! Definitely try to make it a top notch layout and content cv, from what I have heard (I'm kinda half expecting the same news in the next month or two) there are still some jobs out there, but they'll all have loads of applicants, so the cv is the only way of getting in the door in the first place.
In fact for that reason I'd hook up with at least one agency Chris, even if just to use them to take a look at your cv! Best of luck!
Scouser
04-02-2009, 07:38 PM
That sucks mate. Happened to me on the 23rd December!!:mad:
I will keep an eye open when I am looking for stuff for myself.;)
Chrislong
04-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Im already with a few recruitment companies. Difference now is that I am available for immediate start - which may make a big difference.
What I don't like about recruitment companies, is I have found in the past, they sent you for an interview, get some positive feedback but don't get the job, then the recruitment company just seems to halt any further attempts to put you forward for a vacancy. :cry: It was Alchemy that did this.
Got a good one in Sale who specialise in shipping and logistics jobs, hoping to call in to see them tomorrow or Friday.
Anyway, I won't be short of effort in looking. On the plus side, I have no debt, no loans and no mortgage, but even so - not got loads of money and my racing is going to suffer big time until I know I have an income.
All this, the day after I find a house I am interested in and start to consider a mortgage :lol: was that a kiss of death?
Chequered Flag Racing
04-02-2009, 07:47 PM
:cry: Anybody any ideas? need work asap.
Chris try here,
http://www.cpdrecruitment.com/ (http://www.cpdrecruitment.com/)
it's coming up on o0ple ad banner @ the top of page
good luck
Rich D
04-02-2009, 07:48 PM
My best wishes Chris and the best of luck. I sincerely hope that in 18 months time you are able to look back and think it was for the best :)
Rich
stegger
04-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Sorry to here your bad news chris :thumbdown: will keep an eye and an ear out for yeh fella.
firetyre
04-02-2009, 08:25 PM
that sucks man sorry 4 u
Medders
04-02-2009, 08:34 PM
I got made redundant last week too :mad:. Piss poor stat min payout as well :mad:
I too detest dealing with recruitment consultancies and hate the fact my fate is now is their hands.
Will have time to actually clean the B4 now ;)
jono83
04-02-2009, 08:57 PM
sorry to hear that hope you find summat soon
Garry Driffill
04-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Sorry to hear that Chris :o - Im sure somone with youre experience in youre previous job shouldnt find it hard to get somwere new mate.
Im sure skills could transfare easy across to somthing new ;)
Alfonzo
04-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Im already with a few recruitment companies. Difference now is that I am available for immediate start - which may make a big difference.
What I don't like about recruitment companies, is I have found in the past, they sent you for an interview, get some positive feedback but don't get the job, then the recruitment company just seems to halt any further attempts to put you forward for a vacancy. :cry: It was Alchemy that did this.
Got a good one in Sale who specialise in shipping and logistics jobs, hoping to call in to see them tomorrow or Friday.
Anyway, I won't be short of effort in looking. On the plus side, I have no debt, no loans and no mortgage, but even so - not got loads of money and my racing is going to suffer big time until I know I have an income.
All this, the day after I find a house I am interested in and start to consider a mortgage :lol: was that a kiss of death?
Mate - I promise you that missing out on that mortgage will be the closest shave of your life. Good luck with your job hunting.
Batten the hatches folks the good ship UK is taking in water. :cry::mad::eh?:
Spencer Mulcahy
04-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Sorry to hear that Chris if there is anything I can do.(probably not much).If you get a decent payout is there anything you could start yourself I know you would be a good valeter or something like that only a sugestion hope to see you Sunday mate.
bigred5765
04-02-2009, 10:45 PM
thats shit news chris, really sorry to hear it mate,chin up dude,:(
rcracer
04-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Hope you get sorted soon Chris ;)
craigosh
05-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Shit news Chris.
I know Aldi are constantly looking for management trainees at various levels, cause the missus keeps looking at them!! so might be worth looking into that. They are pretty good looking job packages..
Doomanic
05-02-2009, 11:40 AM
I've thought about Aldi as well, but with all the Woolies/Adams and other retail chain collapses there is a glut of experienced retail management looking for jobs.
millzy
05-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Sorry to hear this Chris.
We have nothing going at our place, because of the merge in 04 where still sorting out the redeployment pool for staff and are really taking outsiders on.
I hope you get something soon, but good news on the no debt bit, but we all need money to survive.
losixxx
05-02-2009, 11:58 AM
also looked into Aldi...not as good as it look's..
24-28k per year sounds good but 6 days per week plus you can be located anywhere within 100 mile's of your home as a cover manager...a friend of mine had a 120 daily round trip on cover for 3 months whilst someone was off sick..
they also don't pay fuel cost's thats all included in your annual wage...
IceMike
05-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Sorry to hear mate, hope ya find sumat. 4 months is still along time, so ya should have plenty time to find sumat better. good luck!
chrispattinson
05-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Sorry to hear it Chris, but let's try to be constructive in this thread. If anyone knows of anywhere to try for work, lets list it in a sticky or something?
Up here in Tyne & Wear, (ironic I know) but Sunderland Benefits Centre are looking to take on a lot of people with management experience.
New Asda opening up here aswell.
My advice would be to take anywork short term, then look for the next long term move. I think recruitment consultants are the best option. Hays?
Best of luck CL.
Lindsay
05-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks guys.
Anybody know of ANY vacancies, give me a nod.
Chris,
Do not get down hearted keep:D
18 went from my works in January.
Only 1 as not got a job now.
Do not be to picky with a job you can always look while you are
employed
matdodd
05-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Good luck Chris, I know how it feels & im sure you will find something!
Chrislong
05-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks guys,
Feels like I have spent hours on the phone today - probably because I have. Infact ive probably been busier today than I have for a long time at work :lol:. But hey ho, going to put the effort in.
Firstly looking within the area's I specialise, then I will start to look outside of the boundaries after a few weeks.
In the meantime, if anybody requires any import/export consultancy, cost savings in shipping methods of any type (domestic & international), independent customs advice. I still have all the contacts, good relationships and up to date information and very keen to help (its very rewarding to see the instant savings in putting my ideas into practice).
Sorry to hear that Chris mate, I'll keep my ear to the ground just in case - we do a lot of import here but probably shedding jobs rather than taking on at the mo :thumbdown:
wacattack
05-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Really sorry to hear about this mate. Its becoming a very common occurrence. 6 of my mates have all been made redundant in the last couple of months and I dont see the trend stopping.
Sorry to hear about your situation Chris, I am in the same boat, I've no idea what to do, 2nd time for me in 5 years.
Have you thought about re-training?
on the web front
fish4jobs
monster (although they have been hacked again)
jobsite stopped sending me any emails!
http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/index.html
good luck!
I've sent a few CV's off but heard nothing back, just we may contact you in upto 6 weeks :(
timmy121
10-02-2009, 11:18 AM
sorry to hear about the news chris
we just got told yesterday that 80 people to go from my work
problely find out if its me in the next couple of weeks
I am amazed at how many people are out of work, i am used to not working 12 months a year maybe 8 months if i can be arsed usually but, even work for me is very quiet.
In my industry and others i presume there is money to be spent but companies seem to be much more reluctant to spend it.
I have to go to glasgow tomorrow to have an interview about working in norway again. Its not something i want to do but i feel i should take what ever i am offered at the moment because we really dont know when this is going to get better :confused:
stegger
10-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Very true lee. The amount of empty units on deeside industrial park is scary. Thank god alot of my work comes through government (council offices, schools etc)
timmy121
10-02-2009, 12:46 PM
thats it working for portakabin a lot of the work is goverment nhs buildings like schools hospitals ect but the goverment are't signing the work off so we can't do nothing
bodgit
10-02-2009, 12:54 PM
WORKING online
Another way you can earn some extra income is to sign up to take part in focus groups or online market research. Signing up at places like YouGov.co.uk (http://www.yougov.co.uk/) or Focus4People.com (http://www.focus4people.com/) will give you the opportunity to earn a bit - or sometimes a lot - of cash for just telling someone what you think. Doesn't get much better than that!
Belsten
01-04-2009, 01:26 PM
I get told tomorrow that I am officially at risk. I have a 33% chance of going or 66% chance of staying depending which way you look at it. Cant wait for my interview :thumbdown:
c0sie
01-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Dave,
Go back to Uni like I did when I got laid off (August 2008).
Best thing I ever did, other than buy an X6...
Belsten
01-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Not sure I can afford to do that mate
c0sie
01-04-2009, 01:36 PM
My outgoings are about £850p/m with my mortgage/food/kitten(lol)/fuel and I manage that easily with p/t work and Student support.
Assignments suck ass though, but after being laid off 6 times in 11 years I got fed up of factory and shitty office jobs :(
Southwell
01-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Damn, your lucky, Im probably around £1500pm with everything but racing taken into account lol.
Good luck Dave, hope it's good news.
Belsten
01-04-2009, 01:41 PM
cheers bud
jono83
01-04-2009, 01:43 PM
cheers bud
What do you do Dave?
Belsten
01-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Call Centre Manager and there isnt a great deal out there at the moment, but thats the same for all jobs I know
Gaz_Stanton
01-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Best of luck 'Big Air'! Just don't resort to kidnap or assasination to raise those odds...
Times are hard for a lot of industries, but it is an opportunity to take a different path if you fancy a change or a gamble.
swappyd
01-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Sorry to hear that you lost your job!
I've only been at my place 6 months and been told I'm leaving next month as the place is shutting and all the work is going to Europe.
So this will be two redundacies in a year!
You tried these job sites yet?
Gisajob, Monster, totaljobs, jobserve, tiptopjob.
Hope you find something soon
Belsten
01-04-2009, 02:54 PM
I havent lost it just yet :lol:
Balders
01-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Sorry to hear about you guys. I know its tough out there but good luck.
I know a lot of you are up north but if anyone is down south looking for any of the following then the company I work for are taking on at the moment, ING Direct (I know we are a bank but we bought out the icelandics so are pretty safe at the moment, so I'm told).
We are looking for a SAN Storage/Unix Engineer and a Business Project Manager. These Jobs are primarily based in Reading but the there may be a chance that they could be moved to our Cardiff office.
If anyone is in that area let me know what you are looking for and I'll have a chat with out HR team and see what might be up and coming if anything.
Good luck guys hope it all works out.
Mike
stegger
01-04-2009, 04:55 PM
I have just been to a meeting this afternoon and we have to let 39 service techs go nationally :thumbdown: this is the second time in 4 months:thumbdown: We have all just been put on a 90 day consiltation period, The only bonus is if i can get another job somewhere else :lol: then i can take voluntary redundancy :thumbsup: The mrs was also told yesterday that she is also up for possible redundancy:thumbdown: and she works in HR :(
Medders
01-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Redunancy, as I have found over the past few weeks, does have some advantages. Plenty of time to tinker with RC cars and to generally sit around in your pants doing nothing productive all day long. A quick flurry of CV drafting before the Mrs gets home to keep things sweet ;)
Kecky
01-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Bad news matey :(
stegger
01-04-2009, 05:06 PM
I might join yeh ! :thumbsup: So to speak :lol: not literal.
Belsten
01-04-2009, 05:41 PM
yup potentially bad news as it would mean I would have to give up belgium & the euros but yeah my cars should be immaculate and I could sit around in my pants all day
GRIFF55
01-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Oh Christ NOOOOOO, not like last weekend!!!!:p
thats a pisser Dave... no work going in Cardiff and surrounds in the call centers there?
phil c
01-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Sorry to hear about all the job loses guys.
Not sure if any of you are aware but i run my own garage and am currently looking for a qualified Mot tester/technician with an immediate start within the Hull area. Experience within prestige makes of vehicles and diagnostic testing preffered with pay according to relevant experience.
P.M me on here or check the web site in my signature for phone numbers.
Danosborne6661
01-04-2009, 10:03 PM
PM'd Dave
Belsten
02-04-2009, 08:21 AM
Oh Christ NOOOOOO, not like last weekend!!!!:p
yeah exactly like that
thats a pisser Dave... no work going in Cardiff and surrounds in the call centers there?
am about to start looking, 40 mins to the announcement
GRIFF55
02-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Good luck mate!!
losixxx
03-04-2009, 08:31 AM
How did you get on Dave?
Belsten
03-04-2009, 08:36 AM
been told I am now at risk. 30 day consultation period during which I will be interviewed, find out on the 1st May
GRIFF55
03-04-2009, 08:40 AM
fingers crossed mate, work your ass off and show them you da man!!!
Belsten
03-04-2009, 08:41 AM
currently contemplating who I can sleep with :lol:
Southwell
03-04-2009, 08:45 AM
You don't need to do that, just figure out who you have dirt on :woot:
Good luck mate.
stegger
03-04-2009, 08:46 AM
fingers crossed mate, work your ass off and show them you da man!!!
The worst thing about this is that it won't mater what you do now they will go off what you have done in the past, i'm on a 90 day consiltation period. I personally would just like to know if i will be made redundant, but i suppose it gives you extra time to look for another job.
Belsten
03-04-2009, 08:50 AM
You don't need to do that, just figure out who you have dirt on :woot:
Good luck mate.
I have quite a bit so we will see
cheers mate
losixxx
03-04-2009, 08:53 AM
from people i've spoken too the consultation periods are mainly in place so the companys don't look complete barstwards and make you go there and then!
still its not over until you get the dreaded meeting, good luck m8
shanks
03-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Thanks guys,
Feels like I have spent hours on the phone today - probably because I have. Infact ive probably been busier today than I have for a long time at work :lol:. But hey ho, going to put the effort in.
Firstly looking within the area's I specialise, then I will start to look outside of the boundaries after a few weeks.
In the meantime, if anybody requires any import/export consultancy, cost savings in shipping methods of any type (domestic & international), independent customs advice. I still have all the contacts, good relationships and up to date information and very keen to help (its very rewarding to see the instant savings in putting my ideas into practice).
Chirs just a few thoughts i have had whilst reading your thread...
As you are experienced in import/export and mention you are good at devising ways of making savings i would think this is the area to concentrate on.
I know nothing about your field of work although if you believe you can genuinlly offer savings to existing import/exporters then you would think you have something to offer?
Of course there are thousands of companies importing and exporting - would it no be possible to set up acting as a consultant to such companies? whereby you sell yourselve as being able to make savings for them? perhaps payment on performance?
I guess you have already contacted all the "contacts" you mention you have? just a thought.....
In summary if you really can offer savings to companies - which can be identified easily then working as a consultant sounds a possibility?
If i was importing/exporting and someone rang and said i can offer you savings - you pay me when you see the results - i think i would listen..
Just my thoughts - i realise they could be off little use for various reasons...
Other idea as someone else mentioned is to look at other industries - see if there are similar jobs with similar skills
for example i work as a quantity surveyor which is all about numbers, contracts etc etc hardly rocket science and depending on the actual job something you could probably pick up quickly...
I did own a development company and would be happy to provide a reference (albeit made-up!) should you require - in my experienc people dont check up too much with respect to your CV so i wouldnt be to shy of bending the truth a little!
All the best
James
lochness42
08-04-2009, 07:48 AM
Ok, so my dad is in this sh*t as well. My only sponsor will be in about 2 months without job. Just because of goverment's very "wise" decision. :thumbdown: So hard times are comming for us and our racing.
mikeyscott
08-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Good luck.
My father got made redundant last week to :( 61 etc. :thumbdown:
RogerM
08-04-2009, 11:26 AM
from people i've spoken too the consultation periods are mainly in place so the companys don't look complete barstwards and make you go there and then!
still its not over until you get the dreaded meeting, good luck m8
.
As I understand it these 90 say consultation periods were put in place by the government (as guidelines, don't believe its a legal requirement) to protect them first, the companies 2nd then you 3rd!!!
90 days notice of a potential reduncancy gives;
1) time for people to look for alternative work so hopefully move into a new job very soon after the 90 days ..... limits the time your not paying tax and /or the time your claiming benefits ... gov' win!
2) makes people who feel they may be affected more likely to try and find an alternative job and leave before the 90 days ... gov' win as in 1), company wins as if you leave before the redundencies they don't have to pay you a penny.
3) lets you know that you might be in need of changing your financial situation / look for another job so that you might not suffer too badly.
The whole situation is a royal PITA, I sympathise with everybody affected.
My company have / are doing everything they can do to avoid making compulsary redundencies thankfully but that hurts in other ways such as reduced pay etc.:( A job is better than no job even if it means you can't afford to pay your way 100% :thumbdown:
Hopefully we are at or at least near to the bottom of the decline, that's what most of the 'market analysists' are claiming anyway.
stegger
08-04-2009, 02:14 PM
.
As I understand it these 90 say consultation periods were put in place by the government (as guidelines, don't believe its a legal requirement) to protect them first, the companies 2nd then you 3rd!!!
90 days notice of a potential reduncancy gives;
1) time for people to look for alternative work so hopefully move into a new job very soon after the 90 days ..... limits the time your not paying tax and /or the time your claiming benefits ... gov' win!
2) makes people who feel they may be affected more likely to try and find an alternative job and leave before the 90 days ... gov' win as in 1), company wins as if you leave before the redundencies they don't have to pay you a penny.
3) lets you know that you might be in need of changing your financial situation / look for another job so that you might not suffer too badly.
The whole situation is a royal PITA, I sympathise with everybody affected.
My company have / are doing everything they can do to avoid making compulsary redundencies thankfully but that hurts in other ways such as reduced pay etc.:( A job is better than no job even if it means you can't afford to pay your way 100% :thumbdown:
Hopefully we are at or at least near to the bottom of the decline, that's what most of the 'market analysists' are claiming anyway.
The 90 day consultation period can also be shortened if all parties come to an agreement.
"'market analysists" they don't know and some of them got us in this position in the first place.:cry:
I agree, if people know we are at the worst point, does that mean they have found a solution to get us out the sh!t :confused:
I think not
Belsten
08-04-2009, 02:36 PM
It doesnt have to be 90 days, mine is 30
mikeyscott
08-04-2009, 02:41 PM
What trade are people in? I'm in IT as a server techie apparently :)
stegger
08-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Testical support for CANON
Southwell
09-04-2009, 09:35 AM
My mums been confirmed as being made redundant. Still retiring 7 years early and 4 months gardening leave is relieving the stress a bit :lol:
stegger
10-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Can a company change the criteria for selection for redundancy or do they have to start the consiltation period again if they do ? :confused:
Belsten
10-04-2009, 11:04 AM
yes in a word. Part of the consultation process should be to agree the selection criteria
Belsten
28-04-2009, 07:34 AM
Good news, I survived, handed a letter this morning saying im safe, for now in any case :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.