PDA

View Full Version : Cat SX wishbones on X5


lochness42
05-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Anyone is using Schumacher Cat SX front wishbones on X5? I've tested it on my XX4 (haven't raced it and I'm not even going to give it a try - I've got Crashback arms to break :D) and it fit without problems (just need one spacer on each side).

super__dan
06-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Aren't Cat hinge pins metric and Losi imperial?

jono83
06-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Aren't Cat hinge pins metric and Losi imperial?
yes lol

MattW
06-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Dan

Inner pins on SX are 1/8, not sure about the outer pivots.

Body Paint
06-02-2009, 01:43 PM
they could be drilled to fit the x factory wisbone saver screws even if they aren't the correct size.

lochness42
06-02-2009, 07:12 PM
It sounds strange but there isn't almost any slope (well I wasn't able to notice it also my dad haven't noticed any) when you attach it to front bulkhead :D I belive that Losi kingpins can be used on the other end too.

Migs
07-02-2009, 10:34 AM
i guess the question is then, what benefit is it? are they a sturdier arm or something?

Body Paint
07-02-2009, 06:01 PM
yes migs , the schumacher arms are a little tougher than the losi arms. Not massively stronger, but stronger never the less.

matt
07-02-2009, 07:26 PM
I was just wondering how people have tested that they are stronger:confused:

YoungChazz
08-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Like Migs, I wonder what is the benefit? If you put the caster block screws on your Losi arms, they are as strong as any arms out there.

In general, there are a million arguments in re 4WD front arms, most revolving around much increased stress from driving the wheels and the fact that something has to break -- which part do you choose?

Using the caster block screws on the existing Losi arms gives you many benefits: Good stiff arm is retained; Breakage per race minute is greatly reduced; Parts that do break are less expensive and/or more easily replaced.

IMHO, spending money on parts that sacrifice race performance for longetevity, or trying to fit someone else's part that may or may not retain the fabulous xx-4 geometry makes little sense when compared to the benefits above and the small price of the caster block screws.

Body Paint
09-02-2009, 09:39 AM
I beleive the schumacher arms share the same geometry as the Losi arms, and indeed are available in different stiffnesses. But, as Chazz says, if you make the arms indistuctable what else are you going to break, bulkheads? chassis? :o

lochness42
16-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Well I ended up testing this in Austria this weekend. I broke 3 Crashback arms during those 3 days and didn't have another for replacement. So I went for Schumacher arms for my XX4. They worked great. With minor modifications it fitted with front brace mod and Crashback screws.

YoungChazz
16-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Crashback makes screws?

lochness42
17-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Yes, they do them probably since they do wishbones - http://www.iq-tuning.ch/en/crashback.html