PDA

View Full Version : Xb2 17 more steering


adey
02-06-2017, 11:03 PM
Hi all, can anyone help me. I have an 17 spec xb2 currently setup with Bruno coelho's setup from the last eos round minus the carbon chassis and it just understeers. I have tried the different plastics, the more aggressive hub extensions, link positions and everything and i just can't get it to stop understeering. I like an aggressive steering car and a couple of people have mentioned the car suffers with understeer. I don't know if it's true but I could use some help. I am a seasoned racer with a decent working knowledge of car setup theory but I m struggling with this one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

dazp83
03-06-2017, 12:25 PM
My xb2 17 has lots of steering, what surface are you running on?

adey
03-06-2017, 12:36 PM
Carpet. Cut staggers on front.

dazp83
03-06-2017, 03:36 PM
http://site.petitrc.com/setup/xray/setupxb2/XB2_SetupHelper/

I'd go through that, my car setup as manual worked well at Silverstone on eos carpet.

JoelMaher
03-06-2017, 03:45 PM
I found the carbon chassis to give more steering. I've also cut the medium side guards at the front to give more as well

roger999
03-06-2017, 08:23 PM
I found the carbon chassis to give more steering. I've also cut the medium side guards at the front to give more as well

Does carbon chassis give more overall grip or steering or both? I run kit chassis and cannot say that suffering anything.