View Full Version : XB2 Dirt or Carpet
008-Racer
07-06-2017, 08:26 PM
Hi I am thinking of getting a XB2 but need a little advise on what kit to get?
I am planning on racing at mainly Kidderminster (Low grip Astro) and Coventry (from what I remember not very high grip astro again)
Would I be better of with the Dirt kit as I should be able to make use of the extra traction this style of kit should generate?
Any advise greatly appreciated
steveproracing
08-06-2017, 08:41 AM
I would have to say that the carpet kit generates a lot of rear grip , especially with a ball diff. I use it even indoors on shiny surfaces as the car he much more steering than the dirt car. Certainly on dry Astro of any grip level the carpet car will be best. However, if you are thinking you will be competing in wet weather much, then the dirt car is the way to go. Imo the dirt car in the uk is basically a wet car only. It really lacks corner speed and steering in the dry compared to the carpet car.
markwilliamson2001
08-06-2017, 10:21 AM
Kidderminster - Low Grip Astro - who are you kidding!??
If its dry, its really grippy!
Only ran there myself all last year, and last month.
I admit, if its damp, it can be slippery as anything:lol:
markwilliamson2001
08-06-2017, 10:22 AM
In answer to your question, get the carpet car. it can be tuned for anything, just be moving the weight bias back.
brooksy
09-06-2017, 08:23 PM
Get the carpet car. As has already been said,you can put the ball diff in it and put the batttery in the back position.
You can also put the rear shocks on the back and up the oil weight slightly for more grip on the slippy stuff👍🏻
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.