PDA

View Full Version : HB D216?


HyperDunley
25-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Hi all, as the D216 is released today, I’m thinking of getting one, but why are they so, cheap?

In comparison to other current 2wd kits they’re nearly half the price. Is this reflective of the quality of HB parts or is it just a launch price, as the RRP is nearly £300?

Any info appreciated :)

the dug
25-09-2017, 04:27 PM
Been out for over a year. Hardly anyone in uk has one? Guess its low price is to clear stock?

adey
25-09-2017, 06:26 PM
Just bought one. I know it has no lay down gearbox, the body doesn't really fit and it's not really the best looking car out there but I watched one do about five laps at Telford in practice and it looked really good so I decided to have a go with one. Nobody else I know has even seen one so I know it will stand out with it at my local club lol.

madmax
25-09-2017, 06:41 PM
I run the d216 in the north west. I like the car and am planning on running it next year too. I would recommend the alloy chassis upgrade as it improved the car and steering in high grip

adey
25-09-2017, 07:29 PM
Who makes that ?

HyperDunley
25-09-2017, 10:17 PM
I thought it was a new release :cry:

Seems odd that its not popular, but for the price it seems good for a new kit. Might be tempted to run one indoors over winter and see what it’s like...

How much was the alloy chassis mate?

adey
25-09-2017, 11:13 PM
Just seen the answer rc one at £95.

andys
26-09-2017, 11:12 AM
£95????

you mean £155?

AfroP
26-09-2017, 11:33 AM
£95 is the cost of the answer RC alloy chasis

HyperDunley
26-09-2017, 05:45 PM
£95????

you mean £155?

😱😱😱

That’s the same price as the kit 🙄

adey
26-09-2017, 06:24 PM
Building mine now. Looks good in terms of quality.

adey
27-09-2017, 11:28 PM
Assembled mine now. Ignored the cut lines on the rear of the body and just cut it to match the chassis so it looks like it fits better.

andys
28-09-2017, 12:13 PM
Just a word of warning - I ran mine for 2nd time at MB on carpet and stripped the idler gear. I had seen posts on FB group about the gears going really easily so I had set the slipper quite loose to try and combat it - but looks like they are made from poor plastics....

adey
28-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Thanks for that. I guess the heavy duty one will be needed. Maybe an email to HB is a good idea. Was your car any good on the carpet and what setup did you use.?

andys
29-09-2017, 05:14 PM
Car was indeed good - and yes I got in touch with HB through MB and they are sending some replacements parts :)

Setup was:

3mm limiters in rear shocks (kit oil and 1.6 piston)
55wt oil in front shocks (1.7 piston)
Losi Pink rear Spring
Lost Blue Front Spring
Lipo long ways down the car and esc mounted behind servo
Quite a decent amount of lead weight (35g) in front of servo
Also ran front hub inserts that set the wheel back (one dots)
Also ran more front caster - 2nd not from centre on markings on hubs
Lastly - REAR SHOCKS mounted on front of tower/wishbone - so swopped everything around and ran 1 degree rear toe.

If anything the car was a bit too lively! But I like it like that - changed direction really fast so ideal on the tight MB indoor track.

adey
04-10-2017, 09:40 PM
Crap pics but heres mine.

Chrissy Boy
30-01-2018, 10:02 PM
Just getting back into racing after a long long time out and have decided on one of these, was just curious as to what springs you lot would recommend?