View Full Version : XB4 alloy servo horn
andrewc
18-12-2017, 10:45 AM
Stripped the kit plastic servo horn yesterday; XB4'17.
Any recommendations on an alloy one? Preferably one that maintains kit geometry and doesn't need modifying.
Savox servo.
Thanks in advance.
knighthawk
18-12-2017, 03:02 PM
Something to think about.
I like the plastic horn's because they strip.
I'd rather do a £1 plastic horn than a £80 Servo
charlesk
18-12-2017, 03:12 PM
Stripped the kit plastic servo horn yesterday; XB4'17.
Any recommendations on an alloy one? Preferably one that maintains kit geometry and doesn't need modifying.
Savox servo.
Thanks in advance.
What spline? Hudy 2 hole is the default choice, can get them as 23,24or 25t.
andrewc
18-12-2017, 08:39 PM
Thanks both; 25 tooth so Hudy one seems the way to go. Just saw some pics with top hole cut off and wasn't sure it would clear the shell, but apparently it does.
Point taken re stripping servo, but have run alloy horn on an older Savox with no servo saver in 2WD for a while (2 years) and fingers crossed good so far...though I know 4WD is a bit more brutal...
mattr
19-12-2017, 08:42 AM
I've probably posted this before, but i'd rather do an 80 quid servo once every couple of years than a crappy plastic servo horn every 3 or 4 weeks....... especially if racing.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.