PDA

View Full Version : Xb2 steering


adey
16-01-2018, 09:30 AM
Hi all. Anyone know how I can make my 17spec xb2 more aggressive on turn in like a b6. My b6 seems pin sharp and my X-ray always seems easier to drive but less aggressive so I want to see if I can make it like the b6. Thanks all.

bigtrev
16-01-2018, 10:09 AM
I am also interested in this

yokomoyz2
16-01-2018, 10:49 AM
Run less Ackerman on steering. Run 6degree hub insert

adey
16-01-2018, 12:08 PM
I’ll give that a try. I have tried a few things but I still can’t get the car to be as nimble or sharp as my b6.

Lee1972
17-01-2018, 06:27 PM
Adey,
Do you have a copy of your setup sheet?
Lee

adey
17-01-2018, 08:24 PM
I don’t have a setup sheet. I copied it off petit rc

langers
18-01-2018, 12:35 AM
change the steering arm carbon plates

adey
18-01-2018, 10:39 AM
I am currently using 1slot carbon plates and Bruno coelhos eos setup. which plates do you suggest I try ?

andys
18-01-2018, 11:28 AM
Use the 0 slot (or do what i did and drill the ones you have to match)

http://www.neobuggy.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/v_322291-322292-Extensions-for-Steering-Blocksň.jpg

Night and day difference - it will turn up it's own arse with these on...

adey
18-01-2018, 11:44 AM
I’ll give that a try. Thanks for that. I have heard a few of the X-ray drivers I have met saying the car needs more flexibility in the chassis. Would the carbon chassis benefit me at all ?. I was also looking at upgrading it to the 18 spec but it’s a lot more expensive to do so and I don’t know if it’s worth it.

arceye
18-01-2018, 02:26 PM
I've just upgraded to the '18 from the old car which had the carbon chassis with narrow rear hangers, and the rest of the usual alu hop ups. Although those upgrades made a big difference, the '18 is better still. But if your gonna upgrade instead of buying new kit, I'd get the '18 alu chassis and the narrow hangers.

adey
20-01-2018, 11:20 AM
The carbon steering extension redrilled to zero slots made a big difference. It’s certainly better.

charlesk
22-01-2018, 07:39 AM
What surface are you running on? Got a few v.good setups so could possibly help.
Is it entry, Mid or exit steering you're after? On or off power?
The carbon chassis is more reactive than the 16/17 alloy one, but the 18 2.5 chassis is better. My 18ce is a vast improvement over my 17 with narrow hangers and carbon chassis...


I’ll give that a try. Thanks for that. I have heard a few of the X-ray drivers I have met saying the car needs more flexibility in the chassis. Would the carbon chassis benefit me at all ?. I was also looking at upgrading it to the 18 spec but it’s a lot more expensive to do so and I don’t know if it’s worth it.